User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluge View Post
PS to Carolina girl: I am a Carolina guy. Or used to be before I moved. I suppose once you are, you always are! Nice to meet you.
Nice to meet you too, "Carolina Guy"
Old 10-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

deluge...these photos rock. thanks for the glimpse into the behind-the-scenes at the hotel and stage exit.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much for posting those photos! I tried to make pictures with my camera phone, and they all were terrible. You can't even tell who it is, so THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 10-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Ledgie

So I used to do some stuff with sports photography in a previous life, and this was a lot of fun getting some shots of behind the scenes and of the show and putting together a short photo album to tell the story visually.

I've learned from the school of hard knocks that my camera phone never gets any good photos! It isn't you as a photographer, it is the limitation of the camera phone combined with relatively low lighting. There are some small digital cameras these days that can get the job done for you, and their form factor is helpful for getting the camera in the venue and being a little more discreet than having a 35mm camera with a detachable lens... that is what the venues almost always say they don't want. This is the first time every that I've brought in a 35mm camera, and it helped alot to have it in terms of being able to get a series of rapid fire continuous shots.

If I had it to do over again:

1) Even though I just stayed seated in my hotel lobby chair and wasn't intrusive, I wouldn't have taken a photo of Lindsey and his wife there. I saw them and had my camera and just instinctively fired off a quick photo, like when I used to do news. But in retrospect, flash is intrusive, and being a big fan, I feel a little bad about hitting them with a flash. If I had it to do over again, I would have just waved hello.

Knowing that some folks here enjoyed seeing the behind the scenes photos like that, I feel a little better about it. And I guess to some degree, when you're a famous rock star, a flash bulb by a fan here and there comes with the territory.

2) I would have taken some photos at the show without flash. The flash has a harsher affect - shows off his wrinkles and lines, etc, makes him look older and a bit washed out. A few photos with natural lighting would have looked nice for an 8x10 for my office! I got one of Bono like that last year at U2, and it is just so cool! Regardless, I am going to frame one of my favs that I got of Lindsey and put it side by side with a framed photo of Bono, and another of Michael Jordan in my office. Three of my favorite heros!

Last edited by deluge; 10-09-2006 at 01:34 PM..
Old 10-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

fab pics, thanks for sharing them with us.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
She is very thin. I can't even believe that she has had all of those babies. If that is the secret to being thin then I better get cracking.

Ha. I wish. People who look that good after three kids either a) have a lot of time to work out, or b)know a good tummy-tuck artist, and c) have very good genes.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
I saw them and had my camera and just instinctively fired off a quick photo, like when I used to do news.
I understand your feelings of not being intrusive but, as you mentioned, I am sure they are used to the attention of the media...and especially so during this time of touring. I think it is great you managed to get the shot...I would probably dropped the cam when my chin hit the floor...Lindsey Buckingham in the flesh afterall!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great pictures. Did you get a chance to talk to him in the hotel?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

*dies*

What hotel was that??? If it was the Renaissance, I'm freakin out!!! We looked, but never did see.....

Oh, and I had pictures too, but I'll keep 'em to myself. They stink compared to these and Pattie's pics.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Ledgie

DavidM, I did not talk with him at the hotel. I generally try not to bother celebs when they are at dinner or getting some rare alone time. I felt bad enough about taking the photo! I should have just said "hi", but that's life!

MondayMorning: It was not at the Renaissance, so no need to freak out! LOL
Old 10-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Absolutely GREAT pics Deluge...I am envious! well done...
Old 10-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Cool

That was the ONE mistake you made. You should asked for a photo with him! I'd kill myself if I'd gotten that close to Bucky and never got a photo snapped WITH him.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Ok, thanks. Btw, we won't mention to my husband that we stayed there and paid that kind of $$$ instead of staying at a Holiday Inn Express because I just knew Linds would be there...and he wasn't. Ooops.

Incredible pictures, by the way! Loved them! I wish I'd been braver with my camera--I saw the "ushers" getting on people about cameras/phones, so I didn't take as many shots as I would've like to have taken.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
DavidM, I did not talk with him at the hotel. I generally try not to bother celebs when they are at dinner or getting some rare alone time. I felt bad enough about taking the photo! I should have just said "hi", but that's life!

Fair enough. I can understand your position.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great photos!! I love the one in the limo - he looks so reflective. Oh and I love the laying down on the stage one...so gret! Thanks for sharing those!!

I'm getting really excited for Denver