Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Goodbye Baby Quality

I like this song, but when I was listening to it today - I noticed a anamoly with the vocals section.
Whenever Stevie would start singing, a whirring static sound would play, and then when she stopped singing - it stopped.

Has anyone else come across this?
Old 05-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

yes i have, I am no producer or sound mixer, but I may know enough. Its just how the vocals were recorded separately, and the instrumental was recorded separately as well. When they laid her tracks over the song, it kind of eased in and thats when you hear the frequency of her mic. But I could just be making that up, anyone else???
Old 05-18-2010, 04:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

I don't like the production of the song at all, although I love the song it'self. Watch it being played in Destiny Rules dvd - that's how it should be done.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmark View Post
I don't like the production of the song at all, although I love the song it'self. Watch it being played in Destiny Rules dvd - that's how it should be done.
agreed - Stevie almost whispers the song on the studio version and it just sounds...awkward....if her full voice was on it, i'd sure love it

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
agreed - Stevie almost whispers the song on the studio version and it just sounds...awkward....if her full voice was on it, i'd sure love it
Yeah I like Lindsey's acoustic work on the dvd version as well.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Matt Baumann as an interesting description of the GB recording on the Destiny Rules facebook page in the Q&A section.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What's always bothered me is the way her voice sounds on the word "to" when she sings, "like a tunnel TO the see." Almost as though that one word was overdubbed in after.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 05-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think you could extrapolate this to the rest of SYW, in which practically all of the vocals were recorded through some kind of filter or electronic gizmo. Me no likey. Once again, I think Lindsey went a bit overboard on the production side of things; they definitely needed a third-party to kind of keep things moving in a musical direction rather than allowing it to devolve into Lindsey's bag of sound tricks. I mean, I can admire his creativity and his experimental notions, but he definitely needs to be reigned in too.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Speed?

I also think the SYW CD version is speeded up just a bit - like "Seven Wonders."
Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
What's always bothered me is the way her voice sounds on the word "to" when she sings, "like a tunnel TO the see." Almost as though that one word was overdubbed in after.
That also drives me crazy, as well as how she sings "you'll CLOSE your eyes." Sounds like she's got a hairball stuck in her throat.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Matt Baumann as an interesting description of the GB recording on the Destiny Rules facebook page in the Q&A section.
I know, CA, I thought that was interesting. I never thought of this as a particularly Stevie/Lindsey song, but I guess I was wrong. Tales of emotional moments between these too make my heart jump.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 05-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's too bad that the one person who was most active in engaging Matt many times was Sparkles McGuire. She's barely literate, vapid and appears to have the acumen of a challenged child. To add to it -her name sound like that of a stripper! Sparkles...really?

Last edited by PenguinHead; 05-18-2010 at 09:01 PM..
Old 05-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Pro Tools baby! And, Buckingham doesn't use computer equipment for recording...pshaw! Or, maybe that was just Ray and Sheryl's territory.

It's amazing to watch though. They can just sing one word and *beep* delete the old, copy and paste the new and voila! Fixed. Next.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippilil86 View Post
I know, CA, I thought that was interesting. I never thought of this as a particularly Stevie/Lindsey song, but I guess I was wrong. Tales of emotional moments between these too make my heart jump.
Yes, curious, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It's too bad that the one person who was most active in engaging Matt many times was Sparkles McGuire. She's barely literate, vapid and appears to have the acumen of a challenged child. To add to it -her name sound like that of a stripper! Sparkles...really?
Hey, I tried. I've got a few more up my sleeve to if I ever get my thoughts together. Soon....maybe this weekend I'll post again.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I know I am citing an old post, but when I look at that FB page, I don’t see a Q and A section. Can someone post a screenshot of what you click to get there, if it’s still accessible? Interested in Matt’s responses. Thank u!