User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I don't think they would ever go back to that stupid place, even though some fans will believe it as true (yes, they will). :
Im choosing to be an optimist and agree with you.

If he is shelving already done solo album for some imaginary FM reunion bs, then he didnt learn anything from the past, and I believe hes way smarter than that - and also, in that case, for a man who claims how hes looking forward towards the future rather than dueling on this past, he would be completely full of it and completely stuck in the past. I believe hes way better than that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-11-2021, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think there was little mention of the album because he probably has to re-align with the label for what they want to do post-covid. It's also very possible that reprise/warners or whoever he was initially with, voided their contract or deal due to covid delays. If that happened, he would have to shop around for another label.

If he's still on the hook to deliver that album, he probably can't start taking tracks off of it for a potential Buckingham McVie project if the album has already been approved by the label as is.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have no problem with Lindsey returning to FM, with or without Stevie. I kind of think that maybe Lindsey would rather have his songs on an album that sold well than became a cult favorite, you know what I mean? A Fleetwood Mac album will sell better than a Lindsey Buckingham record. And a Fleetwood Mac song may get more airplay than a Lindsey Buckingham song. Not a top ten hit, I mean FM will never get one of those again, but still get more airplay, which in theory would lead to more sales. Just a thought- so many people talk about Lindsey wanting to preserve the legacy of FM, but I’m sure he would like to preserve his own legacy as well, and maybe part of that is being able to embrace being a part of FM again, in some form. BTW, I know Buckingham/McVie sold pretty well and surprised a lot of folks in the industry, which was awesome. I still think it would have sold even more if it had been called a FM album, though. I really think just the name factor of FM sells records. And while I don’t think sales has ever been a driving force behind Lindsey’s work, don’t music artists ultimately want their work to be heard by as many people as possible? That’s not a bad thing to want.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
My god though, so many Stevie references and the spectre of Stevie. First time I have ever heard Lindsey link Go Insane to Stevie and then again Big Love. He was really working hard to make it clear what a lifelong impact she has had on him.
Yep. He bemoans the mass audience for fixating on the Enquirer aspects of Fleetwood Mac at the expense of the music, but he brings up the Stevie Nicks relationship crap more than anyone. Lindsey has been doing that for twenty years. He seems preoccupied with her and her legacy more than his own. Cant he sit an interview without talking about her or Rumours success?

Quote:
And now let's get to the Mick love affair - He actually said "Mick's intuition for what is truthful is beyond reproach." It seems to me that the two of them are for sure planning something.
I guess I agree. It would seem to be the most likely explanation for their comments. My Mick Alert gauge is climbing.

He and Mick ought to actually listen to some of the 1980 live tracks on the last two deluxe releases just to get their mojo back and then go record together. Drop the art and self-consciousness and just slam their respective balls together. They used to thats fully one-third of Tusk.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-11-2021, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I thought it was strange that there was no plug of the upcoming album.

Then. A strange fear gripped me. And I thought: oh no, what if its on hold (again (for the fourth time) to cater to FMs plans?

I was u fair above about the interview some was new to me. Like the intro to Dont Look Down. Fascinating.
that was fascinating - i had no clue that was Gluck!

frankly, that was the only new thing in that interview, as far as Lindsey goes. i did enjoy listening to what Nile had to say, and it was definitely nice to hear how much someone of his caliber admires and appreciates LB and his work.

would be great for them to have a meal and jam together, one day.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-11-2021, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I have no problem with Lindsey returning to FM, with or without Stevie. I kind of think that maybe Lindsey would rather have his songs on an album that sold well than became a cult favorite, you know what I mean?
So worldwide public humiliation is okay???

If Lindsey thinks that acceptable, well, that just sick. Nuts. What the hell happened to "the Tusk guy"? The Tusk guy would have told them to shove it!

I'd have rented billboards all across the country, with a pic of $tevie on it, with a big red "NO" symbol across her face. Signed, "Love, Lindsey".
Old 05-12-2021, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So worldwide public humiliation is okay???

If Lindsey thinks that acceptable, well, that just sick. Nuts. What the hell happened to "the Tusk guy"? The Tusk guy would have told them to shove it!

I'd have rented billboards all across the country, with a pic of $tevie on it, with a big red "NO" symbol across her face. Signed, "Love, Lindsey".
Worldwide public humiliation? I dont think Lindsey has any reason to feel humiliated. I think generally, people thought he got a raw deal. If Lindsey decides to rejoin FM, or be a special guest on an album or tour or whatever, thats his choice. If he can forgive and move on, good for him. In the long run thats the healthiest thing, mentally and physically.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
If he can forgive and move on, good for him. In the long run thats the healthiest thing, mentally and physically.
The same can be said for a good old punch to the face, running your keys down the side of their car, and hiring a billboard.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
His eyes look different, a little wonky... Botox?? eye lift??
That's what I thought.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-13-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
That's what I thought.
Chemical peel?
Old 05-13-2021, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the eyes have that "pulled a little tight" look which could be surgery OR botox.
The forehead is unnaturally smooth, which could be also botox.
His whole face seems smoother, which really does look like a chemical peel.
Whichever it is, he's done some "work" either temp or perm to his face. More interesting LB behavior.

And I agree about talking about Stevie.. or anything from Rumours or Tusk.. he needs to rewrite his script...this one's old and moth-eaten. Now it needs to be moth balled.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Chemical peel?
Those aren't always for cosmetic reasons. My drummer's dermatologist insisted that he do one. I guess if you've had any skin cancers on your face, that it helps to peel that top layer of skin.

But they didn't make him do Botox!

If you can afford it and it makes you feel good, go for it!
Old 05-14-2021, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Those aren't always for cosmetic reasons. My drummer's dermatologist insisted that he do one. I guess if you've had any skin cancers on your face, that it helps to peel that top layer of skin.

But they didn't make him do Botox!

If you can afford it and it makes you feel good, go for it!
I have some circle around my eyes.
Old 05-14-2021, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
A few random things that came to me reading through this thread and listening to the podcast.

The producer who worked for about a week on Tango in the Night was Jason Corsaro. He was the Recording Engineer on some of the 80's Chic albums, along with their offshoot The Power Station. He also had engineering credits on 80's megahits from Robert Palmer and Steve Winwood. He had done limited producing at that point and I think after about a week was swallowed alive by Lindsey...

The podcast was pretty good. I did hear a bit of rasp at times in Lindsey's voice, particularly at the end of sentences, but that could be anything from allergies, to a cold, talking a lot, even some recent singing.

My god though, so many Stevie references and the spectre of Stevie. First time I have ever heard Lindsey link Go Insane to Stevie and then again Big Love. He was really working hard to make it clear what a lifelong impact she has had on him. Of course he made sure to mention that Dreams was two repetitive chords that would not have breathed if it was not for his construction of the song. Always a little reminder to her that the success of her early songs depended upon him and without those early songs - Rhiannon, Dreams. Sara, etc., the massive solo career that she built may have never come to be.

And now let's get to the Mick love affair - He actually said "Mick's intuition for what is truthful is beyond reproach"

It seems to me that the two of them are for sure planning something. The lack of mention of any upcoming solo work or acknowledgment of a completed album or even a backlog of unreleased material, tells me there is a hold in Lindsey's mind on labeling his upcoming work.

Lindsey is a grown man and his desires and wants may be very different than the fanbase here, and it seems clear his Fleetwood Mac legacy is now very important to him even if that runs counter to what his ardent supporters may want and feel.
Thanks for the Jason Corsaro info!