Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-03-2023, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I just heard Everywhere in a Kohl's commercial for the first time.
It's the song I hear the most now.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard Everywhere on the car radio and for the first time EVER, I liked the song. I always thought it was cheesy pop. I guess sometimes I have to lose famous people in order to like their songs better. It was the same for me with Whitney Houston. I always liked, " I Wanna Dance with Somebody," and that was it. Now I can hear any of her songs and enjoy them. This method doesn't work with every deceased entertainer though. I still despise everything I hear from Stevie Ray Vaughn.
Old 04-03-2023, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A University of Massachusetts (UMass) radio station just played in a row, Everywhere, Little Lies, Sister's of the Moon & Storms. Boy was I in seventh heaven. It was in the car (the only time I listen to the radio) and it was on one of those stations on the far left on the dial and during Sister's & Storms the sound went in and out and mixed with another radio station depending where my car was driving at the moment.
Old 04-04-2023, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I heard Everywhere on the car radio and for the first time EVER, I liked the song. I always thought it was cheesy pop. I guess sometimes I have to lose famous people in order to like their songs better. It was the same for me with Whitney Houston. I always liked, " I Wanna Dance with Somebody," and that was it. Now I can hear any of her songs and enjoy them. This method doesn't work with every deceased entertainer though. I still despise everything I hear from Stevie Ray Vaughn.
I never thought Everywhere was cheesy pop. I have thought that of Little Lies and Don’t Stop, however.
Old 04-22-2023, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m sat during this evening, tv on in the background, really quiet..
I’m searching for some new trainers …when suddenly I hear Songbird..
And there is Christine sat at a baby grand ..

It’s 2017, on a BBC programme of various clips. it’s called ..Piano greats..
She looks fabulous…long, long fringe over her eyes, and she is singing really well.
Makes me hold back a tear.
Old 04-22-2023, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I’m sat during this evening, tv on in the background, really quiet..
I’m searching for some new trainers …when suddenly I hear Songbird..
And there is Christine sat at a baby grand ..

It’s 2017, on a BBC programme of various clips. it’s called ..Piano greats..
She looks fabulous…long, long fringe over her eyes, and she is singing really well.
Makes me hold back a tear.
If I’m not mistaken, that’s the final performance of Songbird she ever did. 🥺
Old 04-22-2023, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Now that's sad. The band of my life is essentially dead now.
Old 04-22-2023, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Now that's sad. The band of my life is essentially dead now.
I’m so grateful she came back in 2014. I was in high school the night of my local The Dance tour show and didn’t go (my parents and seemingly every family member and friend they knew went) and I was certain I’d never get to see Chris in concert. That 2014 show forever lives in my head. The crowd roar when she started singing “sweeeeeet, wonderful youuuuu”….all was right with my world that night.

The good part of aging is you’re still alive. The bad part is seeing so many die. It’s hard to quantify how important these people who I’ve never been closer than several dozen yards from are and how their music forms the foundation of so many memories.
Old 04-22-2023, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m so grateful she came back in 2014. I was in high school the night of my local The Dance tour show and didn’t go (my parents and seemingly every family member and friend they knew went) and I was certain I’d never get to see Chris in concert. That 2014 show forever lives in my head. The crowd roar when she started singing “sweeeeeet, wonderful youuuuu”….all was right with my world that night.

The good part of aging is you’re still alive. The bad part is seeing so many die. It’s hard to quantify how important these people who I’ve never been closer than several dozen yards from are and how their music forms the foundation of so many memories.
Her coming back truly was the miracle that we all thought would never happen. I'd have bet my house in It, that she'd never come back.
Old 04-23-2023, 03:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hadn’t realised that…she did look a little frail, but had a wonderful smile at the end of the performance.
Old 04-23-2023, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The performance is on YouTube…
It’s a clip from the One Show…BBC
Old 04-23-2023, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This week on the Big 80s countdown. This week in 1987 Big Love was at #22 and climbing. I have not heard this on the radio for such a long time. Its almost like a lost hit of the 80s. You hear Little Lies and Everywhere all the time. I wonder why. I was never crazy about the song. Although I always loved the ending percussion with the guitar and grunting.
Spring of 1987. Take me back. Although the drama was building that changed the band forever.
Old 04-25-2023, 01:35 PM

NGBA, The Blend.

Love the studio version of this song. The live version always lacks everything I like about the original. Much like Landslide.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At a supermarket today, some eighties pop tune. Then, Say You Love Me. The store was crowded but I swear people went quiet when they heard it. By the time chorus kicked in that silence was still there—but it was the silence people listening to it. I swear. I’m not making this up.
Old 05-04-2023, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
At a supermarket today, some eighties pop tune. Then, Say You Love Me. The store was crowded but I swear people went quiet when they heard it. By the time chorus kicked in that silence was still there—but it was the silence people listening to it. I swear. I’m not making this up.
I've experience that at the LAX gate before. Music really loud, too!! It was Little Lies, and then later Edge of 17