Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2020, 05:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default photoshoot?

Where can i find the MC photoshoot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I just quoted the points I had an issue with.

I don’t think that’s weird or revealing at all. In fact, thinking it’s weird or revealing ignores their history. If Mick wanted to put Buckingham Nicks in the band after hearing the guitar solo to “Frozen Love,” how is it weird or revealing that he’d want a legendary Hall of Fame guitarist who had a long history with Stevie, having been involved in some fashion on all her solo albums, and who even co-wrote a Fleetwood Mac song?!? Fleetwood Mac needed a world class guitarist, Tom Petty had just died...Pretty obvious.

Justifying lies? Rationalizing behavior? At worst, Mick was being political. It’s just a band, Mick’s band at that, and it was easy to see this coming a mile away. If they didn’t want to work with him, so be it. Lindsey’s hardly the first guy to get sacked from a rock band. J. Geils got fired from the J. Geils Band.

I thought Lindsey was in trouble in June, 2017, with his Classic comments, so I guess I wasn’t especially shocked. I also saw trouble brewing when Mick and Stevie met in Italy and listened to what was obvious to me an intention to revisit earlier material, while Lindsey was talking up a new solo album.

The one fact both sides agree on is that the tour negotiations were brutal. Maybe they decided to fire him during the negotiations, maybe there was still lingering bitterness during MusiCares and something set it off, but it was obviously a miserable time for them (see the photo shoot). However, and this is the key point, I don’t think any of them went into negotiations with the intention of firing Lindsey. I don’t think there was a grand conspiracy. I think they simply got sick of dealing with it.

And, I don’t especially feel sorry for Lindsey. I get that it was awful for him, but in the grand scheme of life, he’s still a rock legend worth tens of millions, still able to make and play music for a solid fanbase, and has a happy family life. What exactly did he lose?

The gist of the call was to convey to Mike that Lindsey was out of the band and that the job was his for the taking. Regardless of how it was phrased, Lindsey would still have been out of the band and Mike would still have taken the gig. Mike also says he’s still on board for whatever whenever (if ever) they get back together. Mike knows Stevie and Lindsey. I’m sure he wasn’t surprised at the breakdown (no pun intended).
Old 12-09-2020, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What song did she sing with Lindsey on guitar?
Stevie's 2015 Dedication to Lindsey:
"Without Lindsey, this song could never have been played because I could only play it once. He took it and made it into the song that it is today."

He'd be justified to play it in his solo set.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I just quoted the points I had an issue with.

I don’t think that’s weird or revealing at all. In fact, thinking it’s weird or revealing ignores their history. If Mick wanted to put Buckingham Nicks in the band after hearing the guitar solo to “Frozen Love,” how is it weird or revealing that he’d want a legendary Hall of Fame guitarist who had a long history with Stevie, having been involved in some fashion on all her solo albums, and who even co-wrote a Fleetwood Mac song?!? Fleetwood Mac needed a world class guitarist, Tom Petty had just died...Pretty obvious.

Justifying lies? Rationalizing behavior? At worst, Mick was being political. It’s just a band, Mick’s band at that, and it was easy to see this coming a mile away. If they didn’t want to work with him, so be it. Lindsey’s hardly the first guy to get sacked from a rock band. J. Geils got fired from the J. Geils Band.

I thought Lindsey was in trouble in June, 2017, with his Classic comments, so I guess I wasn’t especially shocked. I also saw trouble brewing when Mick and Stevie met in Italy and listened to what was obvious to me an intention to revisit earlier material, while Lindsey was talking up a new solo album.

The one fact both sides agree on is that the tour negotiations were brutal. Maybe they decided to fire him during the negotiations, maybe there was still lingering bitterness during MusiCares and something set it off, but it was obviously a miserable time for them (see the photo shoot). However, and this is the key point, I don’t think any of them went into negotiations with the intention of firing Lindsey. I don’t think there was a grand conspiracy. I think they simply got sick of dealing with it.

And, I don’t especially feel sorry for Lindsey. I get that it was awful for him, but in the grand scheme of life, he’s still a rock legend worth tens of millions, still able to make and play music for a solid fanbase, and has a happy family life. What exactly did he lose?

The gist of the call was to convey to Mike that Lindsey was out of the band and that the job was his for the taking. Regardless of how it was phrased, Lindsey would still have been out of the band and Mike would still have taken the gig. Mike also says he’s still on board for whatever whenever (if ever) they get back together. Mike knows Stevie and Lindsey. I’m sure he wasn’t surprised at the breakdown (no pun intended).
LOL Its like trying to nail jello to a wall.
You quoted me yet completely changed what I said and took counter point. You are free to express opinions like we all do. But usually when you quote someone, you don't change what they say and base your counterpoint off what you changed about the original post.

Again, your are missing my point. YES it is revealing and funny to hire a guitarist you don't know and may have met once or twice. Are you seriously saying Stevie had nothing to do with it? She never told Mick to call Mike? She put on a Petty tribute during the Mac show as a coincidence? It was all planned by Stevie. Mick made her happy so she would stay with the band and he could make millions. Its not politics as you say. It childish diva tantrums which in turn some turned a blind eye just to get paid big bucks. Yes of course people get fired from bands all the time. But only maybe Van Halen was there a more silly termination inside a legacy band. Their touring contract was signed years in advance yet can give no clear reason other than one member wanted him out. He danced behind Stevie? OMG
I am a bit worried you cant see this and make rationalizations. I don't think we really needed Mike's interview to prove this but I will say it again.......it was REVEALING.

Revealing: An adjective.
definition: making interesting or significant information known, especially about a person's attitude or character.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-09-2020 at 06:41 AM..
Old 12-09-2020, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

PLOT TWIST - according to the VIP question and answer session before Lindsey's live stream - Mick has already discussed working with him in the future.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
PLOT TWIST - according to the VIP question and answer session before Lindsey's live stream - Mick has already discussed working with him in the future.
Lol but but .... that cannot be. The whole band was clear they don’t like to work with him anymore! It wasn’t just his ex’s tantrum backed by big money producers forcing spineless band hand! Micks in charge of the band! Spiteful ex had nothing to do with it! �� ��

Seriously though, while I’m happy for Linds that he’s talking to his old band mates despite of what they did to him and how thick Muck was laying in bs against linds during backstabber tour promotion ........ I would absolutely HATE seeing Lindsey being sucked back into FM time wasting toxicity.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 12-09-2020 at 12:25 PM..
Old 12-09-2020, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Imagine if Mick, Lindsey, Mike, and Neil went to do something together without J, C, or S. Maybe Federico and Brett as 2nd keyboard
Neil and Lindsey have a friendship with Mitch Froom in common.

Mike and Tom love(d) Lindsey. LB was on two Heartbreakers albums and Tom even said Stevie's stuff is nice but it's when she and Lindsey get together that really excites me
Old 12-09-2020, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Imagine if Mick, Lindsey, Mike, and Neil went to do something together without J, C, or S. Maybe Federico and Brett as 2nd keyboard

Mike and Tom love(d) Lindsey. LB was on two Heartbreakers albums and Tom even said Stevie's stuff is nice but it's when she and Lindsey get together that really excites me
Interesting ideas. I think they ought to all do solo albums from now on: Campbell, Mick, Christine, Lindsey, Stevie, John, Hey Now Hey Now, Brett Tuggle, Peter Michael, Bobby Martin, Lori Perry, Barbara Nicks, I mean everybody. Just go solo and show us whatcha got.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2020, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

that was actually something that occurred to me too when i heard it - Mick doesn't mind creating new music and people like Linds and Neil are always for it. when Mick first befriended Neil i was thinking that may lead to Lindsey and Neil work together... instead Neil joined Lindsey-less band as a touring contractor. who knows, it may all still come around for them working together. as long as its not a part of time-wasting outfit that is FM with SN in it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-09-2020, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lol but but .... that cannot be. The whole band was clear they don’t like to work with him anymore! It wasn’t just his ex’s tantrum backed by big money producers forcing spineless band hand! Micks in charge of the band! Spiteful ex had nothing to do with it! �� ��

Seriously though, while I’m happy for Linds that he’s talking to his old band mates despite of what they did to him and how thick Muck was laying in bs against linds during backstabber tour promotion ........ I would absolutely HATE seeing Lindsey being sucked back into FM time wasting toxicity.
Oh I hope he never agrees to a Fleetwood Mac tour ever again.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
YES it is revealing and funny to hire a guitarist you don't know and may have met once or twice.
He was ready to hire Lindsey and Stevie after hearing the solo to “Frozen Love” and meeting Lindsey once. So, yeah, I can totally believe Mick would do something like that.

Quote:
Are you seriously saying Stevie had nothing to do with it? She never told Mick to call Mike?
I already said that I could see that coming from Mick, Irving, or Stevie. They decided to fire Lindsey, Stevie was obviously distraught over Tom’s death (watch her MusiCares speech if you have any doubt about where her mindset was at the time), and Mick‘s been the driving force for keeping the band going for over 50 years. It was an obvious choice and I’d be surprised if the thought didn’t cross his mind.

Quote:
She put on a Petty tribute during the Mac show as a coincidence?
For all we know, that was one of the points of contention during tour negotiations. Which, going back to an earlier point, if Stevie wanted to do a Petty tribute even when Lindsey was still in the band, wouldn’t that make Campbell an even more obvious choice?

Quote:
It was all planned by Stevie. Mick made her happy so she would stay with the band and he could make millions. Its not politics as you say.
You see them as conspiring backstabbers and I see them, at least as far as Mick is concerned, as a band that reached its breaking point with the internal dysfunction between Stevie and Lindsey and had to go into survival mode. If what elle was told was true, that they polled promoters to see if they wanted Stevie or Lindsey, that tells me continuing with both wasn’t possible and that they went with what was best for business. If we’re being honest, they were talking about the 2018 tour back in 2015, before Lindsey ever mentioned a solo album. So, when Mick said Lindsey left, Lindsey was the one who deviated from a long agreed upon plan, regardless of the actual impact it would have had on the band.

For the record, I would have been just as happy if they had fired Stevie. I’m a fan of the Brits. So long as Mick, John, and Christine are there, I’ll be happy. Hell, I would have been just as happy if they had fired both of them and brought back Billy, Rick, and Bekka.

(Watch Team Lindsey make state fair jokes without a hint of irony.)

Mick IS political to an absolute fault. Have you read his interviews, lately? It’s gotten so bad that you almost need a Little Orphan Annie decoder ring to understand what the hell he’s talking about.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-10-2020, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I will lose all respect for him as an artist if he ever goes back.

Will he have to bow in front of $tevie, and say "yes ma'am"?

It would be f*cking ridiculous for him to go back with his tail between his legs. F*CK THAT.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I like this, although I wouldn’t mind John and Christine also being involved. Federico is good, but John and Lindsey playing off each other is golden (Down on Rodeo, Smile At You). Christine works well with Lindsey and Neil, so I think she’d possibly be someone who could add even more cohesion. Basically, the current lineup, but swapping Stevie for Lindsey, which would be absolutely killer.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-10-2020, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

It would be f*cking ridiculous for him to go back with his tail between his legs. F*CK THAT.
LOL! He’d totally go back if the opportunity ever presented itself. Wouldn’t think twice about it, wouldn’t hesitate.

One man’s pathetic embarrassment is another’s triumphant moment of healing.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-10-2020, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL! He’d totally go back if the opportunity ever presented itself. Wouldn’t think twice about it, wouldn’t hesitate.

One man’s pathetic embarrassment is another’s triumphant moment of healing.
Not shocked by this comment, considering you've been kissing the a$$ of Stevie, Mick, and Mike Campbell for the past two years.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Yup.

First, Stevie would have to hugely apologize to him which she will never do because she’s one of those who never admits that she did something wrong and always blames it on others.

And second - as long as stevie is in FM, it’s a time wasting money making machine. So I guess it depends how much Lindsey values his time and artistic legacy vs making tons of money. He can bs however much he wants that going back is about legacy of FM but that legacy has been long cemented. And a single event would do what he wants better than world tour.

As far as what went in in 2017, it seems pretty clear that Stevie was first working on Mick, and possibly went over his head very fast to IA or other management to say she’s out unless LB is out. So while Mick may have been put in front of the wall by SN and managers, he still could have said no. Contract they all signed is not a contract that SN and mgmt were pushing for. Which was pretty clear once when LB sued them.

Talking about IA, it’s been interesting and kinda funny following how much hate he and his son ( who is now managing Harry styles) are getting from Styles / 1D Stan social media.

Now while I first and foremost want him solo, and think Neils songs lately are boring, collaboration between Lindsey Neil and Christine with backing of Mick and John might be interesting, with maybe Froom producing. But should be done fast and not take years.

Last edited by elle; 12-10-2020 at 02:21 PM..