User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow. and there's that sad negativity again. assuming the worst about people. implying that his wife doesn't love him, and that she must be just a gold-digger with him for his money. this sadly seems to be news to you but when your loved one is in pain you stand by them and defend them just as she and their kids did.

how misogynistic of you.
Yeah those kids just have been proud to see their Mom calling Mick a motherfu#@er on Instagram.
Old 12-07-2020, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
awww... so you're saying you're not an adult with your own mind to decide how you want to behave? You're just a sheep who follows blindly what others do? Got it.

If you're smart enough to see that the behavior is wrong when others do it, you are smart enough not to emulate it.

Don't preach unless you're willing to be the change you want to see.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
awww... so you're saying you're not an adult with your own mind to decide how you want to behave? You're just a sheep who follows blindly what others do? Got it.

If you're smart enough to see that the behavior is wrong when others do it, you are smart enough not to emulate it.

Don't preach unless you're willing to be the change you want to see.
Aww…So you’re saying you can dish it out, but can’t take it?

ETA: Don’t expect other posters to stop posting comments because you don't like them.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 12-07-2020 at 08:39 PM..
Old 12-07-2020, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Aww…So you’re saying you can dish it out, but can’t take it?
Nope. I can keep dishing it and I can keep taking it.

You're the one blaming your own behavior on the 'bad example' set by others.

Simply asking if you recognize it's bad behavior, why you choose to copy it? And if you knock others for doing it, you are also knocking yourself for doing the same thing.

Most people just jerk off in private.

ETA: I didn't ask anyone to stop posting. I asked them to stop b*tching about content they don't agree with.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 12-07-2020 at 08:44 PM..
Old 12-07-2020, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Yeah those kids just have been proud to see their Mom calling Mick a motherfu#@er on Instagram.
Their youngest is almost 17. Are you ever around teenagers? And, somehow I doubt they were all very prudish when discussing what band did to Lindsey at their home.

Or you think Micks kids of similar age as Lindsey’s youngest are hugely bothered by him going around proudly prancing on social media wearing a beanie saying the same wording on it?

Really don’t get why such hate and misogyny towards KB from SN fans who are not even shippers.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-07-2020, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Their youngest is almost 17. Are you ever around teenagers? And, somehow I doubt they were all very prudish when discussing what band did to Lindsey at their home.
I dunno. What song did she sing with Lindsey on guitar?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2020, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Doesn't his wife act as his business guide? She was sure in a foul-mouthed funk when he got fired and she lost the crack at some millions.
His fans weren’t happy when the band he shaped for 40 years fired him either and, as far as I know none of his fans are sharing any of his millions. Many music journalists have also decried what happened. Surely they can’t all be sleeping with Lindsey.

Being in a foul-mouthed funk over his treatment, reflects a sense of ethics, justice, propriety, conscience, and morality more than greed.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Or you think Micks kids of similar age as Lindsey’s youngest are hugely bothered by him going around proudly prancing on social media wearing a beanie saying the same wording on it?

Really don’t get why such hate and misogyny towards KB from SN fans who are not even shippers.
I bet they WERE proud. I was proud of her. I fell in love with her for the first time in 20 years. I thought, “that gal loves more than pears.”
Old 12-08-2020, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
His fans weren’t happy when the band he shaped for 40 years fired him either and, as far as I know none of his fans are sharing any of his millions. Many music journalists have also decried what happened. Surely they can’t all be sleeping with Lindsey.

Being in a foul-mouthed funk over his treatment, reflects a sense of ethics, justice, propriety, conscience, and morality more than greed.
Well, we know two people that were happy.

Oops, I forgot about Karen. Make that three.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Getting back to the thread topic... I'd love to see what Mike, Christine, Stevie and Neil could put together. I wouldn't expect a full album at this stage of the game, but an EP seems entirely doable.
Old 12-08-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Beautifully stated. Words like ethics, justice and morality really hit home with me. You've renewed my sense of how dishonorable Stevie Nicks is as a person to engineer something completely self serving like this. It did not benefit the band, nor the musicians in it. Anger gives way to revulsion.
Old 12-08-2020, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Does it really matter? It’s semantics, which this board painfully pisses over. Lindsey was out of the band. Mike would have joined regardless. He surely knew by Hawaii. He could have backed out and the band could have gotten Rick Vito or maybe gone for someone like Jeff Beck. Who gives a crap?

I could see it being Mick’s idea, I could see it being Irving’s idea, and I could see it being Stevie’s idea. Again, who cares? After the decision to was made to fire Lindsey, Mike Campbell was the obvious choice. Lindsey was fired and Stevie was obviously distraught over Tom’s death, so who to get to be the new guitarist? C’mon, it’s not rocket science. Total no-brainer. He has a significant history with the band’s biggest star, was a member of one of the most beloved bands ever, and was unexpectedly available.

Why is that hard to believe? Sure, they knew a lot of the same people, but their professional paths never crossed, unless you count “Freedom,” which is kind of a stretch. As for not remembering the exact number of times, face it, it’s not like sobriety was ever a priority with those guys and they meet lots of people whenever they’re out in the world. Part of the territory of being a rock star. Again, pissing over semantics. He got the point across that he didn’t personally know Mick.
You quoted me yet completely changed what I said in your response.

I did NOT say it was HARD to believe Mick never met or barely Met Mike. I said it was revealing since they were not close or barely knew each other that Mick would ask him to join Fleetwood Mac.

The answer to your first question: YES it does matter. Why do you want to justify Mick's lie. Why are you rationalizing Stevie's behavior?
That was the entire reason for me posting about Mike's interview. He shares details that prove the ridiculousness of Mick. You brush it over "does it really matter."
YES it does. Why cant he just say the truth? Stevie controls the band of who is fired and who is hired.
Yet you quoted several lines of my posting rationalizing everything Mick said or did based on his lies.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I dunno. What song did she sing with Lindsey on guitar?
That was not his youngest who sang. Also, the singer’s school choir was the performer. She was one of a group of kids who sang it. There is no reason to think she had any involvement in choosing the song. And she and her mother have both been supportive of Lindsey throughout this.

When she helped make his Cranberry juice video, she commented, “He’s back bitches” and in my imagination the statement was directed at specific people, not only the world at large.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You quoted me yet completely changed what I said in your response.
I just quoted the points I had an issue with.

Quote:
I did NOT say it was HARD to believe Mick never met or barely Met Mike. I said it was revealing since they were not close or barely knew each other that Mick would ask him to join Fleetwood Mac.
I don’t think that’s weird or revealing at all. In fact, thinking it’s weird or revealing ignores their history. If Mick wanted to put Buckingham Nicks in the band after hearing the guitar solo to “Frozen Love,” how is it weird or revealing that he’d want a legendary Hall of Fame guitarist who had a long history with Stevie, having been involved in some fashion on all her solo albums, and who even co-wrote a Fleetwood Mac song?!? Fleetwood Mac needed a world class guitarist, Tom Petty had just died...Pretty obvious.

Quote:
The answer to your first question: YES it does matter. Why do you want to justify Mick's lie. Why are you rationalizing Stevie's behavior?
Justifying lies? Rationalizing behavior? At worst, Mick was being political. It’s just a band, Mick’s band at that, and it was easy to see this coming a mile away. If they didn’t want to work with him, so be it. Lindsey’s hardly the first guy to get sacked from a rock band. J. Geils got fired from the J. Geils Band.

I thought Lindsey was in trouble in June, 2017, with his Classic comments, so I guess I wasn’t especially shocked. I also saw trouble brewing when Mick and Stevie met in Italy and listened to what was obvious to me an intention to revisit earlier material, while Lindsey was talking up a new solo album.

The one fact both sides agree on is that the tour negotiations were brutal. Maybe they decided to fire him during the negotiations, maybe there was still lingering bitterness during MusiCares and something set it off, but it was obviously a miserable time for them (see the photo shoot). However, and this is the key point, I don’t think any of them went into negotiations with the intention of firing Lindsey. I don’t think there was a grand conspiracy. I think they simply got sick of dealing with it.

And, I don’t especially feel sorry for Lindsey. I get that it was awful for him, but in the grand scheme of life, he’s still a rock legend worth tens of millions, still able to make and play music for a solid fanbase, and has a happy family life. What exactly did he lose?

Quote:
That was the entire reason for me posting about Mike's interview. He shares details that prove the ridiculousness of Mick. You brush it over "does it really matter."
The gist of the call was to convey to Mike that Lindsey was out of the band and that the job was his for the taking. Regardless of how it was phrased, Lindsey would still have been out of the band and Mike would still have taken the gig. Mike also says he’s still on board for whatever whenever (if ever) they get back together. Mike knows Stevie and Lindsey. I’m sure he wasn’t surprised at the breakdown (no pun intended).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-09-2020, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick's band? Yeah right! The boss is the one who says $he's not the boss. Mick is a pathetic LOSER.

Ask Irving -on a polygraph- who is the boss.