User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2020, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
And you are entitled to call out stuff that is wrong, obsessive, abusive, toxic, or unhinged.
Oh, just go back to your Lindsey dart board.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh, just go back to your Lindsey dart board.
Yea. "The mitzo" who says Lindsey has no fans. Yet there were people from South America and Asia on the stream last night.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Yea. "The mitzo" who says Lindsey has no fans. Yet there were people from South America and Asia on the stream last night.
$tevie drones push numbers.

That's their thing.

That's all they've got.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That's all they've got.
And that's all they want... Plus Neil Finn, Elsa Lanchester and Boris Karloff!
Old 12-06-2020, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
$15, LOL.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
$15, LOL.
Wow, that's foul. Do you even realize that $15 is a hardship for people now?
Old 12-06-2020, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, that's foul. Do you even realize that $15 is a hardship for people now?
He/ she doesn't care.

BTW, you know that $tevie is THE MOST POPULAR MEMBER.... YOU KNOW THAT, RIGHT? I'm sure her tickets would have been at least $100. Probably double or triple that!

$tevie is the MOST POPULAR!!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?
Old 12-06-2020, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He/ she doesn't care.

BTW, you know that $tevie is THE MOST POPULAR MEMBER.... YOU KNOW THAT, RIGHT? I'm sure her tickets would have been at least $100. Probably double or triple that!

And the iconic Chris Isaak, Vanessa Carlton, and Leann Rimes could have charged $40 more than Lindsey and their streams would have crashed way sooner!!!

So Lindsey, step it up
Old 12-06-2020, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL, GbV charged $25, which also went to charity when they did a streaming show earlier this year. Of course, they had the foresight to film the show first and then stream it through a service.

Quote:
Well, I mean, in the past month, one of them released a live set with deep cuts that was filmed in arenas, shown in theaters, and is being shown on PBS while the other Zoomed a short, predictable set with karaoke backing tracks from his living room and experienced technical difficulties. But that’s the price for art, right?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-06-2020, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
LOL, GbV charged $25, which also went to charity when they did a streaming show earlier this year. Of course, they had the foresight to film the show first and then stream it through a service.

Well, I mean, in the past month, one of them released a live set with deep cuts that was filmed in arenas, shown in theaters, and is being shown on PBS while the other Zoomed a short, predictable set with karaoke backing tracks from his living room and experienced technical difficulties. But that’s the price for art, right?
Right. Why bother doing show actually live when you can prerecord it right? Well if that’s your preference you can watch yesterday’s live show prerecorded today. Sounds like you are confused about whether you want karaoke or not 😂. Clearly you always want opposite from what Lindsey is doing! 😆

So you are saying instead of recording and touring new album LB should have recorded a BuckVie tour and Anthology tour, both with tons of rarities and new songs, screen them in theaters and put them on tv, then process to sell online? While I wouldn’t mind having those live shows, he already did that in the past. It’s regurgitation or stuff already done few years ago.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-06-2020, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Right. Why bother doing show actually live when you can prerecord it right? Well if that’s your preference you can watch yesterday’s live show prerecorded today.
If you can explain the practical difference, I’d love to know. Either way, it’s a 100% live show that people pay to stream and is shown at a specific time. Would it have been different in any meaningful way to most people? Would it have changed anyone’s perception of Lindsey as an artist? It certainly would have been better than watching Lindsey brooding or fans being upset because of technical difficulties.

Quote:
Sounds like you are confused about whether you want karaoke or not.
Do you even know what karaoke is?

Quote:
Clearly you always want opposite from what Lindsey is doing!
No, I want him to actually be what he purports to be, you know, like Richard Thompson. Lindsey talks about pushing artistic boundaries and then does a setlist like that. I mean, what better opportunity to debut a new song off his forthcoming album? He has six solo albums, seven Fleetwood Mac albums, and songs from soundtracks, surely there’s a deeper cut than “Stephanie”. (BTW, while I realize he did that on OMS, it’s still weird that Stevie recently released a live version of “Crying In The Night” and he opted to do “Stephanie.”)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-06-2020, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you can explain the practical difference, I’d love to know. Either way, it’s a 100% live show that people pay to stream and is shown at a specific time. Would it have been different in any meaningful way to most people? Would it have changed anyone’s perception of Lindsey as an artist?
do you even know what "live" means?

show is either live or pre-recorded. (and you could get both with Lindsey yesterday.) when it's live it is raw and you get glitches and warts. you get the reaction in the moment. you know, stuff that people usually complain about with LB - that he's a perfectionist and control freak. apparently not anymore - not nearly as much as some others.

Quote:
I mean, what better opportunity to debut a new song off his forthcoming album? He has six solo albums, seven Fleetwood Mac albums, and songs from soundtracks, surely there’s a deeper cut than “Stephanie”.
haha changing topics i see. you know that i've been complaining about this on social media all day. but that' a different topic that belongs in LB forum where we're been discussing it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-06-2020, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

** also, why even discuss Lindsey solo stuff in the 2018-19 band forum?

#rhetoricalquestion

Old 12-06-2020, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do you even know what karaoke is?

(BTW, while I realize he did that on OMS, it’s still weird that Stevie recently released a live version of “Crying In The Night” and he opted to do “Stephanie.”)
The use of "even" highlights the animus!

Weird would be appopriate to use, if it's also weird that Stevie talks about Lindsey in majority of recent interviews.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
do you even know what "live" means?

show is either live or pre-recorded. (and you could get both with Lindsey yesterday.) when it's live it is raw and you get glitches and warts. you get the reaction in the moment. you know, stuff that people usually complain about with LB - that he's a perfectionist and control freak. apparently not anymore - not nearly as much as some others.
Again, though, the difference between a show recorded live in the living room and streamed a few hours later and something streamed live in the moment isn’t that big of a difference, one most people wouldn’t notice or care about. It was good for hype, but that’s about it.

Quote:
haha changing topics i see.
You’re the one who went to “So you are saying instead of recording and touring new album LB...” which was completely irrelevant to anything in conversation.

Quote:
you know that i've been complaining about this on social media all day. but that' a different topic that belongs in LB forum where we're been discussing it.
I don’t follow you on social media, however, it’s funny that you defend him not having “recorded a BuckVie tour and Anthology tour, both with tons of rarities and new songs, screen them in theaters and put them on tv, then process to sell online” because that would have been a “regurgitation or stuff already done few years ago“ when he’s done all of these songs on his tours from 2011-18.

THE Stephen Hopkins