User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
My prediction for a full reunion, which still makes me gag...would look like this:

10 nights at the garden
10 nights at the forum
Maybe a few nights somewhere else
And that’s it.

I hope that’s all Lindsey agrees to, if anything ever comes to fruition.
I don't think Azoff would let Lindsey near Fleetwood Mac.

I'm not sure if they could do 10 nights at MSG. They only did 2 in 2019. OWTS they did 3. Maybe if they had Billy Joel on the lineup

But if they ever did a limited reunion, I think it would be in Vegas. SOOO much money there.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I don't think Azoff would let Lindsey near Fleetwood Mac.

I'm not sure if they could do 10 nights at MSG. They only did 2 in 2019. OWTS they did 3. Maybe if they had Billy Joel on the lineup

But if they ever did a limited reunion, I think it would be in Vegas. SOOO much money there.
And money would make possible anything. Even in spite of Azoff.

A Rumours lineup reunion would be a success (in terms of $). Some will love it and some will hate it anyway. But, IMHO all 3 voices are not longer good anymore. And if Christine said John is fine but a little frail to tour, little chance to see them again. Sad to say the last tour wasn't the one we wished to see, but I think now it's too late and it's over anyway.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
And money would make possible anything. Even in spite of Azoff.

A Rumours lineup reunion would be a success (in terms of $). Some will love it and some will hate it anyway. But, IMHO all 3 voices are not longer good anymore. And if Christine said John is fine but a little frail to tour, little chance to see them again. Sad to say the last tour wasn't the one we wished to see, but I think now it's too late and it's over anyway.
If John were to play live again but not do a tour, Vegas would be perfect. John just has to stay in his hotel and go down to the theater.

They could make the least expensive seat $250. Maybe go up to $1,000 for the floor. (Streisand prices) And sell out many nights.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Normally I would of said, god please not Vegas noooo. However, at this point they’ve already diluted any standards they once held themselves to. Having them jump on the bandwagon like every other aging rock band doing a Vegas stint wouldn’t really be abnormal for them at this point. They could all easily jet home to LA after every show if they didn’t want to stay in town.

I could see Lindsey being apprehensive about doing the Vegas thing, but possibly agreeing under the circumstances it’s their final performances. I still hope it never happens LOL.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Normally I would of said, god please not Vegas noooo. However, at this point they’ve already diluted any standards they once held themselves to. Having them jump on the bandwagon like every other aging rock band doing a Vegas stint wouldn’t really be abnormal for them at this point. They could all easily jet home to LA after every show if they didn’t want to stay in town.

I could see Lindsey being apprehensive about doing the Vegas thing, but possibly agreeing under the circumstances it’s their final performances. I still hope it never happens LOL.
^Stevie would definitely take the microphone off her stand at these Vegas shows. Perhaps give Lindsey a Daltrey whipping with the mic
Old 02-08-2021, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Azoff would let Lindsey near Fleetwood Mac..
why?

Azoff is driven by money. and he's also lucky Lindsey didn't sue his pants off way more than he did - considering Azoff was basically working against Lindsey while being paid to work for Lindsey.

but please, no Vegas. no cheesy Rumours 5 Mac reunion. done. retired. few years too late but done.

if there has to be mac, let's go with "ever changing new band" without SN, finally. they can record an album (with Christine) and don't have to tour. be artists that you claim you are. many artists have made the last hurrah album to wrap up their legacy.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-08-2021, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I read an interview with Lindsey where it sounded like Irving wasn't an artist's manager, much like Paul McGuinness, Guy Oseary and Jon Landau were, but a man who wants power and control.
He came to Lindsey's show and only said "the balcony wasn't full"
Lindsey seems like a client that Irving would consider an a** pain. Irving proudly stated that he told the Eagles not to play any new songs in their set (Context: 2013 Tour) Then you look at Lindsey doing 8 new songs in a set with Chris.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I read an interview with Lindsey where it sounded like Irving wasn't an artist's manager, much like Paul McGuinness, Guy Oseary and Jon Landau were, but a man who wants power and control.
He came to Lindsey's show and only said "the balcony wasn't full"
Lindsey seems like a client that Irving would consider an a** pain. Irving proudly stated that he told the Eagles not to play any new songs in their set (Context: 2013 Tour) Then you look at Lindsey doing 8 new songs in a set with Chris.
oh completely agree with all this, and yeah i read the same. but that's the thing - Azoff only looks to a bottom line, doesn't care about the art or the artist. so he doesn't go personal. that's why i was confused with your thinking that he would not let LB back to FM. he wouldn't care if that would be good for his bottom line. and right now he's really SN's manager i think, not FMs. I think Stubner is still Mick's and Christine's manager.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-08-2021, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ He had his client, Journey, do a Vegas residency!

In the FM 2019 Tour program, he was listed as like a Tour Financier or something like that. It could be the same for Stevie too. He was at her table at the HOF induction.

"He may be Satan, but he's our little Satan"