User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-14-2020, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I don't see how it was fair of her to say at the PGA Festival Show that Lindsey was a coward to not to call her to join Fritz. That's slander in front of 20,000 people. Why does she have to bring him up like that? It's like just mention Robert Aguirre and how nice Robert was.
She doesn't benefit from the masses by mentioning Lindsey. She might benefit if she says she loves Lady Gaga or Drake. Then People.com will publish a story on how she said she likes those artists.
She was sued in 2018 (as a party to the group Fleetwood Mac) and her attorney or band attorney had to settle with Lindsey. They felt his termination was justified but they effed up. The lawsuit & settlement got major press coverage. Even on my local news.
Better to not say anything at all about him. She could talk about Jimmy Iovine, Lori, Sharon, & all the other collaborators she loves.
She should stop mentioning him. At all. But yet she keeps on talking on and on about him. Most of the time to slander him. Sometimes she starts complimenting him but then she can't help it and she ends up saying something nasty about him.

Because, you know, he was such a monster to her and she was nothing but a saint…. Yeah, talking about fanboy lens….
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-14-2020, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't see how it was fair of her to say at the PGA Festival Show that Lindsey was a coward to not to call her to join Fritz. That's slander in front of 20,000 people. Why does she have to bring him up like that? It's like just mention Robert Aguirre and how nice Robert was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
She should stop mentioning him. At all. But yet she keeps on talking on and on about him. Most of the time to slander him. Sometimes she starts complimenting him but then she can't help it and she ends up saying something nasty about him.
Have either of you ever seen Sonny and Cher dog one another in interviews long after their personal and professional relationships ended? And, they had a child together. Never heard Cher say bad things about Greg Allman. It’s hardly a phenomenon unique to either Stevie or Lindsey.

Quote:
Because, you know, he was such a monster to her and she was nothing but a saint…. Yeah, talking about fanboy lens….
They were both insecure spoiled rich kids who couldn’t separate their careers as musicians from their personal relationship. They WERE monsters to each other and continue to be.

My fanboy lens is Mick, John, & Christine. Don’t recall seeing John or Christine saying bad things about each other. Maybe that’s because they were both accomplished musicians before they got together romantically. Their identities as musicians weren’t wrapped up in their personal relationship. They didn’t have the “you wouldn’t be anything without me” thing that seemed to plague Stevie and Lindsey. As a result, they became good friends again over time. John helped Christine out with demo work for her 1984 album and she lent him her keyboards for his solo project.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-14-2020, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
No scouring. Saturday Night Live was mocking her 20? years ago! The fact that some of are primarily fans of THE BAND, and not her specifically, shouldn't hurt your feelings. Accept it. Accept it with a sense of humor. $he's NOT a goddess. $he's an old woman with barely any voice left.

$he's become a caricature of herself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBqB_k84Ms
She's the WORST now. I used to be the biggest fan of hers but i just can't do it anymore. She's changed, she's become a bitter old woman hanging on to her fame anyway she can . It's gross. Goat "let me see, who can I attach myself to prolong my fame and make me look relevant.... wait....who's that boy on the TV Harry Styles? Is he famous?" Karen "he's the biggest thing right now" Goat "quick get me backstage to his next show"
Old 06-15-2020, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Have either of you ever seen Sonny and Cher dog one another in interviews long after their personal and professional relationships ended? And, they had a child together. Never heard Cher say bad things about Greg Allman. It’s hardly a phenomenon unique to either Stevie or Lindsey.
Cher will talk about how his drug use doomed them from the start, but she generally describes “Gregory” as sweet.

The one thing I love about her is that, no matter what she might say about Sonny she does not really like anyone else to criticize him. That annoys her. You know what his voice was like. She does not want anyone to say that he had an awful singing voice, even though she clearly knows he did.

I wish that Stevie and Lindsay had that kind of protectiveness towards one another.

I was an English and communication major and I did a paper on Sonny’s solo album for one of my assignments. The teacher had to approve the subject before hand. He told me he would let me do it but he didn’t think I had a lot of material to work with. That made me very angry. Not everyone in the class had to be doing a paper on one of the Beatles did they? I ended up getting an a on that paper.

Sonny and Cher were the work first but I have a thing for duo in general. Jerry Lewis was an awful person but the way he admonished his own ego and took the blame for the break up with Dean Martin really moved mean. He discussed how much he loved Dean. As a writer. He had come to believe that he was the cause of most of their success and he began to write Dean’s part smaller and smaller. Dean just very coolly walked away. What a guy. Jerry eventually recognized his mistake and regret it the bitter end their relationship. I saw them have two TV reunions and I cried all the way through.

And obviously I have like 25 hours of tape devoted to Sonny’s funeral and Cher’s amazing eulogy is the highlight.

Ah well. We here are looking at a number of eulogies in our near future aren’t we?

The thing is, at some point be it Cher or Lucille Ball, the bitterness falls away. It doesn’t get more childish overtime. Not usually.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:32 PM

^^ You better edit that Lindsay!!

Now, I want a paper on Matthew Rhys!! xoxox
Old 06-15-2020, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She doesn't benefit from the masses by mentioning Lindsey. She might benefit if she says she loves Lady Gaga or Drake. Then People.com will publish a story on how she said she likes those artists.
She was sued in 2018 (as a party to the group Fleetwood Mac) and her attorney or band attorney had to settle with Lindsey. They felt his termination was justified but they effed up. The lawsuit & settlement got major press coverage. Even on my local news.
Better to not say anything at all about him. She could talk about Jimmy Iovine, Lori, Sharon, & all the other collaborators she loves.
what did she say exactly??
Old 06-15-2020, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
what did she say exactly??
At the PGA Concert?
If you're asking about that, she was speaking before Landslide - maybe.

She said there's someone here tonight that lives or works here in Palm Springs, who invited me to join Fritz because Lindsey was too much of a coward to call me. She said Bobby's full name. I think she raised her knee to her elbow to pose as the famous Thinking Person Statue.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
She's the WORST now. I used to be the biggest fan of hers but i just can't do it anymore. She's changed, she's become a bitter old woman hanging on to her fame anyway she can . It's gross. Goat "let me see, who can I attach myself to prolong my fame and make me look relevant.... wait....who's that boy on the TV Harry Styles? Is he famous?" Karen "he's the biggest thing right now" Goat "quick get me backstage to his next show"
That's exactly what $he's doing. Clinging to anything that makes her appear to still be relevant. That $he's had a hit since the 80's... And I'm sure $he has no idea who these people are, until her yes family tells her.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At the PGA Concert?

She said there's someone here tonight that lives or works here in Palm Springs, who invited me to join Fritz because Lindsey was too much of a coward to call me. She said Bobby's full name. I think she raised her knee to her elbow to pose as the famous Thinking Person Statue.
ah....thanks for filling me in!

What a doosh.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At the PGA Concert?

That’s it?

Pretty benign. Lindsey called Fleetwood Mac a dysfunctional family when I saw him in 1993. Remember, he wasn’t in the band anymore at the time. He also said some negative things about Billy and Rick over the years.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-17-2020, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Applaud bullying and slander if you want.

What's the point of bringing Lindsey's name up? To get enjoyment from the crowd?

It decreased Bobby Aguirre's moment of appreciation.

If she's got a memory vault of "evil" done by Lindsey, I wish she'd share it. As you said, Cher was open about Sonny.
Tina was open about Ike. Carole was open about Gerry. Madonna was open about Sean.

So far from Stevie, I've heard he couldn't work in the service industry, he left their home a mess, was a stoner, and a coward.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey basically said that Stevie was jealous that he has a family on national television.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-18-2020, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Basically said"...

Interview with Stevie during Unleashed Tour:

"He's married, he's happy, he has three beautiful children that I love. You know, he's found a good, happy, calm, safe place — but who Lindsey and I are to each other will never change."

Still, she said, "It's over. It doesn't mean the great feeling isn't there, it must mean that ... you know, we're beauty and the beast. It means that the love is always there but we'll never be together, so that's even more romantic."

Asked when she knew the romance was really over, Nicks said, "The day his first child was born. I knew that was it ... that was the definitive thing."
Old 06-18-2020, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Basically said"...
Okay, full, long-winded quote:

“I think, you know, sometimes she might find it difficult that I was lucky enough to find my soulmate late in life and had my first child when I was 48 and have three beautiful children and that was something that she never did. You know, she’s basically living her professional life...So I don’t know if that plays into it or not. I honestly don’t know.”

ETA: https://youtu.be/3HZUDrSX1x8

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 06-18-2020 at 09:35 AM..
Old 06-18-2020, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Okay, full, long-winded quote:

“I think, you know, sometimes she might find it difficult that I was lucky enough to find my soulmate late in life and had my first child when I was 48 and have three beautiful children and that was something that she never did. You know, she’s basically living her professional life...So I don’t know if that plays into it or not. I honestly don’t know.”

ETA: https://youtu.be/3HZUDrSX1x8
I don't think that quote made it to the TV airing. That may've been an online exclusive.

Was what he said mean? Doesn't that align with the spirit of the 2009 quote from Stevie I shared?

I was at MusiCares at Radio City and Stevie talked about how she doesn't have anybody late at night after shows in response to Dave Navarro talking about loneliness after concerts in a MusiCares montage played on the screens.

Were you one of Fleetwood Mac's attorneys in Lindsey's lawsuit against them?
You could probably get a job as Stevie's publicist!