User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-26-2020, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m under the impression that it was modern day postal rock (where they e-mail tracks recorded at home) made during the pandemic. I can’t see Mick and John having elaborate home recording equipment like the others would. I could be wrong.

Fair enough. Would that mean Chris owns a property in LA now....with recording capability? Indeed, where has she even been living all this time? US or UK?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 07-26-2020, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Fair enough. Would that mean Chris owns a property in LA now....with recording capability? Indeed, where has she even been living all this time? US or UK?
I think she lives in London. It doesn’t take a lot of equipment to record at home. I think that’s how she initiated recording with Lindsey back in 2013. They just sent each other files and would expand upon them.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-28-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I think she lives in London. It doesn’t take a lot of equipment to record at home. I think that’s how she initiated recording with Lindsey back in 2013. They just sent each other files and would expand upon them.
Agreed. Christine has stated in a few interviews that she has a mini home set up.

Also, I felt like the new song (FINN) sounded and felt like FMac to me. I like it the more I listen to it. The worst part of the song is Stevie's vocal entrance. Way too nasal. But, the blend of the three singers and the atmosphere is really very lovely. It left me wanting more. On my 2 Apple Home pods, I can hear Christine very clearly. Not so much on a basic computer.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 07-29-2020 at 10:42 AM..
Old 07-31-2020, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That new song is literally two overdubs away from being Fleetwood Mac. It’s in the same category as “Can’t Help Falling In Love,” “Roll With Me Henry,” “Twisted,” LBCM, and all of the GOS songs with Mick, John, and Lindsey. Fleetwood Mac enough for me.
For me, there will never be a Fleetwood Mac enough song if C-J-L-M-S are not there. That includes Behind the mask (album that I do like), Say You Will songs and Buckingham McVie (that I love too).

Of course the Early Years is another story.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
For me, there will never be a Fleetwood Mac enough song if C-J-L-M-S are not there. That includes Behind the mask (album that I do like), Say You Will songs and Buckingham McVie (that I love too).

Of course the Early Years is another story.
So if it's not the Rumours 5, it's not FM to you? Am I reading that correctly?
Old 08-01-2020, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
So if it's not the Rumours 5, it's not FM to you? Am I reading that correctly?
Not enough Fleetwood Mac. I repeat, I do like the BTM album and enjoyed the 2009 Unleashed concert. But I felt something (no need to mention what, you guys already know) was missing, both cases.

That dinner meeting at a Mexican restaurant called El Carmen (circa 1974) when L&S accepted to be in the band was a turning point and they became an unforgettable lineup. Anything that band became afterwards could no longer be the same. The Fleetwood Mac legacy became tighly tied to that lineup.

Now, the pre Rumours 5 years were another story. The previous Fleetwood Macs are different bands. Though basically I found 2 Fleetwood Macs (one with Peter, another with Chris and Bob). But I can't say more cause I've not researched enough, and I'm not enough fan of those lineups.

That's my opinion. Not an absolute truth, it's just my feeling. According to laws and facts I may be wrong, I don't know. But that is and will always be my perception and my feeling.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The question is...why doesn't it have Mick and John on it?
If its got Chris and Stevie (and Mike apparently) then surely Neil would have sought out Mick's participation at least, if not John. If the proceeds are for charity, then a track billed as by Fleetwood Mac is always going to sell more than Neil Finn (albeit with a 'featuring....' credit).
because it was done by Neil as a Neil song, but then, hey, it's easy enough to get the other vocalists to layer in some harmonies and having Stevie on especially would get it far more attention. in other words, it was not a true "collaboration" or "group effort". It's a Neil song with the girls layered in. Not saying good or bad, just not a real band effort. I didn't enjoy the later Rumours5 stuff done that way as much as the earlier stuff where they were all in studio together putting tracks down either. I think you can hear the difference when music is done piecemeal.

But I don't think this song represents any sort of indication of them doing any larger group project together. He did a charity song and thought it would help promote it better to have Stevie and Chris on it. That's it.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
because it was done by Neil as a Neil song, but then, hey, it's easy enough to get the other vocalists to layer in some harmonies and having Stevie on especially would get it far more attention. in other words, it was not a true "collaboration" or "group effort". It's a Neil song with the girls layered in. Not saying good or bad, just not a real band effort. I didn't enjoy the later Rumours5 stuff done that way as much as the earlier stuff where they were all in studio together putting tracks down either. I think you can hear the difference when music is done piecemeal.

But I don't think this song represents any sort of indication of them doing any larger group project together. He did a charity song and thought it would help promote it better to have Stevie and Chris on it. That's it.
Could be it was also something of a trial run for recording together, hence not committing to "by Fleetwood Mac" yet.