Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mike C. / "Lockdown"

Mike plays all instruments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um2HLwseRaI
Old 07-25-2020, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I notice the official Fleetwood Mac Twitter account referred to Mike Campbell as 'Our friend'. Is he a friend of the band or a member of the band? Perhaps I'm being pedantic.

Our friend @MikeCampbellHQ wrote a fun new song called “Lockdown,” and is using it to raise money for @FeedingAmerica. Head to http://thedirtyknobs.com to see the full video, read a statement from Mike, and donate to receive a free limited edition Lockdown bandana.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 07-25-2020, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I notice the official Fleetwood Mac Twitter account referred to Mike Campbell as 'Our friend'. Is he a friend of the band or a member of the band? Perhaps I'm being pedantic.

Our friend @MikeCampbellHQ wrote a fun new song called “Lockdown,” and is using it to raise money for @FeedingAmerica. Head to http://thedirtyknobs.com to see the full video, read a statement from Mike, and donate to receive a free limited edition Lockdown bandana.
Nope, you're just being observant. Typical revelation of their ongoing publicity bs. they just don't have to try as hard anymore, now that the tour farce is over.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would say that he or Neil were never official members of the band.

That would probably require them getting a larger cut, and Mick ain't gonna go for that!
Old 07-25-2020, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Nope, you're just being observant. Typical revelation of their ongoing publicity bs. they just don't have to try as hard anymore, now that the tour farce is over.
Except for that new almost Fleetwood Mac song that Neil, Stevie, Christine, and Mike did.

Also, Neil was referenced as a member of the band at the Peter Green shindig. Mick has said that they are committed to them and the road crew people said “six principals.”

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 07-25-2020 at 03:59 PM..
Old 07-25-2020, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would say that he or Neil were never official members of the band.

That would probably require them getting a larger cut, and Mick ain't gonna go for that!

I agree unless they can manage to release one fu**ing song as this 6 piece, but they can’t accomplish even my incredibly low set expectations bar to legitimize them!

He Will Burn You Down
Old 07-25-2020, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I agree unless they can manage to release one fu**ing song as this 6 piece, but they can’t accomplish even my incredibly low set expectations bar to legitimize them!
That new song is literally two overdubs away from being Fleetwood Mac. It’s in the same category as “Can’t Help Falling In Love,” “Roll With Me Henry,” “Twisted,” LBCM, and all of the GOS songs with Mick, John, and Lindsey. Fleetwood Mac enough for me.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-25-2020, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You sincerely feel that Neil's new song sounds as FM as LBCM?

It sounds like a song by The Fray or Harry Styles to me.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes. Just as I think “Dreams” sounds as much like Fleetwood Mac as “Shake Your Moneymaker.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-26-2020, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That new song is literally two overdubs away from being Fleetwood Mac. It’s in the same category as “Can’t Help Falling In Love,” “Roll With Me Henry,” “Twisted,” LBCM, and all of the GOS songs with Mick, John, and Lindsey. Fleetwood Mac enough for me.
this is interesting. you usually insist that it's all about Mick and John for you and as long as they are there, you are there too. there's no Fleetwood or Mac on Neil Finn song but still FM for you.

Twisted is not FM.

GOS songs are with Mick and John, as are BuckVie songs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-26-2020, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this is interesting. you usually insist that it's all about Mick and John for you and as long as they are there, you are there too. there's no Fleetwood or Mac on Neil Finn song but still FM for you.

Twisted is not FM.

GOS songs are with Mick and John, as are BuckVie songs.
Neil’s song is the entire front line of the current lineup. It’s not just some random grouping of people.

If you want to get all lawyerly, is “Second Hand News,” which doesn’t have John on bass, really a Fleetwood Mac song? What about Lindsey’s “Tusk” and “Tango” songs that clearly do not have those guys? “Landslide,” “Never Going Back Again,” “Songbird,” “The World Keep On Turning,” “The Way I Feel,” and “Forever?” How far do you want to take that? And, on the flip side, is “Warewolves of London” a Fleetwood Mac song? Is “Warewolves of London” more of a Fleetwood Mac than “Second Hand News?”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-26-2020, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Neil’s song is the entire front line of the current lineup. It’s not just some random grouping of people.

If you want to get all lawyerly, is “Second Hand News,” which doesn’t have John on bass, really a Fleetwood Mac song? What about Lindsey’s “Tusk” and “Tango” songs that clearly do not have those guys? “Landslide,” “Never Going Back Again,” “Songbird,” “The World Keep On Turning,” “The Way I Feel,” and “Forever?” How far do you want to take that? And, on the flip side, is “Warewolves of London” a Fleetwood Mac song? Is “Warewolves of London” more of a Fleetwood Mac than “Second Hand News?”
cute.

i'm not talking lawyerly or objective, or by contract. i'm talking what you always claim is FM to you - Fleetwood and Mac, you usually say, as long as they are there, you'll be there, and it will be FM for you.

for me? Peter Green or Lindsey Buckingham are all that's important in Fleetwood Mac. as long as either one of them is there, i'm good. if neither is there, i couldn't care less.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-26-2020, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A song with Mick and John with at least one of the principals is the perfect, ideal measure of a Fleetwood Mac song. After that, it should have a minimum of three principals (except for the Peter Green Bluesbreaker songs, where Pete and John were enough). But, there are no hard rules. That “Blues Jam at Chess” would be a mess.

However, “Sentimental Lady,” “It Ain’t Over,” and “Twisted,” as well as “Find Your Way Back Home” are basically Fleetwood Mac songs, IMO.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-26-2020, 03:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The question is...why doesn't it have Mick and John on it?
If its got Chris and Stevie (and Mike apparently) then surely Neil would have sought out Mick's participation at least, if not John. If the proceeds are for charity, then a track billed as by Fleetwood Mac is always going to sell more than Neil Finn (albeit with a 'featuring....' credit).

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 07-26-2020, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The question is...why doesn't it have Mick and John on it?
If its got Chris and Stevie (and Mike apparently) then surely Neil would have sought out Mick's participation at least, if not John. If the proceeds are for charity, then a track billed as by Fleetwood Mac is always going to sell more than Neil Finn (albeit with a 'featuring....' credit).
I’m under the impression that it was modern day postal rock (where they e-mail tracks recorded at home) made during the pandemic. I can’t see Mick and John having elaborate home recording equipment like the others would. I could be wrong.

THE Stephen Hopkins