Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Neil Finn

I have been a huge fan of Neil and Crowded House since the 80’s. It’s been my favorite band second to FLEETWOOD MAC. Neil’s vocals/productions studio wizardry always reminded me of Lindsey Buckingham. Working from home these last several months I have been listening to my very large cd collection. I have a lot off Finn stuff. It made me think how great it would have been if The latest Fleetwood Mac would have recorded some new songs last year. I don’t think we will ever get anything new from this incarnation......but over the past 40 plus years as a fan I have been proven wrong. Discuss.....
Old 05-09-2020, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't even understand how this is question. They ASSURED us they would DEFINITELY be recording new material together. Stevie in particular was emphatic about it. They didn't exactly hedge.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

$tevie refused to record with Fleetwood Mac.

WHY would $he want to record with Finnwood Mac?

The commercial gods no longer like her, so $he ain't doin' it.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$tevie refused to record with Fleetwood Mac.

WHY would $he want to record with Finnwood Mac?

The commercial gods no longer like her, so $he ain't doin' it.
Considering Mike Campbell is in the band, his production style screams Petty, and her stated dream was to be a Heartbreaker, one would think that alone would be reason enough to do it.

It would be a shame not to do an album with this lineup. Finn and Campbell have the chops to make a potentially great album.

Then again, it was a shame that we got LBCM instead of Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-09-2020, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I have been a huge fan of Neil and Crowded House since the 80’s. It’s been my favorite band second to FLEETWOOD MAC. Neil’s vocals/productions studio wizardry always reminded me of Lindsey Buckingham. Working from home these last several months I have been listening to my very large cd collection. I have a lot off Finn stuff. It made me think how great it would have been if The latest Fleetwood Mac would have recorded some new songs last year. I don’t think we will ever get anything new from this incarnation......but over the past 40 plus years as a fan I have been proven wrong. Discuss.....
i remember when first word came out of Mick friending Neil Finn, that i thought how Neil and Lindsey would get along so well, with their sensibilities, and how LB-NF collaboration might be so cool, if it's in our future.

guess instead we are getting Neil Finn arranged Mick Fleetwood songs instead. maybe a new solo Mick album is in the works?

now i'm instead looking forward to LB - The Killers collaborations, live and in studio, especially what we heard from The Killers about possible live performances. and i like that collaboration even better than LB-NF. so all good!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-09-2020, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It would give it a Stevie Nicks solo feel with Campbell and a Buckingham feel with Finn. I would love a full album from this lineup. I would give me a much better “closure” to the band. I also WOULD have seen them LIVE on the last tour if there was new music to promote.