Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Lots of supposition! I think “All Over Again” was Christine’s own offering for the tour. I bet she relistened to Time around that point as she was reconnecting with her own musical legacy. I bet it was her idea, too, to perform “Get Like You Used to Be” in Hawaii before she rejoined. The music bug bit her again and she sifted through all her old material. Musically speaking, she’s been in a great mental space because she enjoyed writing new stuff for Fleetwood Mac or Buckingham McVie and pulling stuff out of mothballs for performance (like “Wish You Were Here”).

If Christine goes back on the road with Fleetwood or Lindsey, I bet we could hear “Sooner or Later” or “Prove Your Love” or whatever. Despite her deterioration or whatever you’d call it, she is afire again with music!
I agree 100%
Its possible after hearing it AFTER Christine played it during rehearsal that Stevie wanted to do it. But no way in hell Stevie knew anything about the song to want to do it. As I mentioned earlier, Stevie could not even name a Lindsey song, sometimes does not even know the lyrics to her own songs, etc. No way I could ever believe that the most obscure Fleetwood Mac album she wanted to do a song from it. I am a little surprised some people believe this nonsense she puts out from the stage. I also don't believe Christine does not remember which album the song came from. Total B.S. Its almost like Christine wanted to cover for Stevie's nonsense exclaiming not to know which album its from (like Stevie would know and Christine didn't) Chris just wrote it and recorded it with the band.
Sorry
I call shade

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-20-2020 at 05:42 PM..
Old 05-20-2020, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can believe that Christine might not know which album it was on. She might get things at the end confused with the compilations. She was interviewed about the later songs so much less often than the others that their chronological place in her repertoire might not be as cemented. I’m not sure I couldn’t fool her about, say, where Heart of Stone showed up.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember an interview Christine did when they were promoting TITN and she couldn’t remember the title of the big single off her solo album.

ETA: Found it

https://youtu.be/F2XPEMAPRIM

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-20-2020 at 11:41 PM..
Old 05-20-2020, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
What did you call me????
Bitch, don't f*ck with me.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I can believe that Christine might not know which album it was on. She might get things at the end confused with the compilations. She was interviewed about the later songs so much less often than the others that their chronological place in her repertoire might not be as cemented. I’m not sure I couldn’t fool her about, say, where Heart of Stone showed up.
I believe she can't remember as well.

Of course she knows what album YMLF was on, or SYLM. But some song from 30 years ago, that you never played live? You record them, and for the most part, you're done with it. I doubt that ANY member of the Time incarnation has listened to it in the last decade.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
During an off the cuff interview prior to the latest tour, yes, I would totally believe that. But they practiced for months bringing songs from every album. When it was discovered and they practiced it multiple time she clearly remembered Time when she was pulling songs off albums.
So it makes not sense to repeat on stage every night that she has no idea what album its from. I think it was banter in her joking style not to mention Time since 97% of the audience did not know about it or own a copy.
IMHO an honest statement would have been "When we were rehearsing for this tour, we dug out lots of old songs. When I played this for the band, Stevie seemed to enjoy it so we decided to turn it into a duet.. Its from the album Time (which none of you guys bought). Chris's humor there

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-21-2020 at 04:25 AM..
Old 05-21-2020, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I remember an interview Christine did when they were promoting TITN and she couldn’t remember the title of the big single off her solo album.

That’s great.

Her secretary can’t remember the title either? That’s shameful, but not everyone can be Karen Johnston, I suppose.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

When she re-joined the band, she said she left after Tango in the Night. I think it was a Guardian interview.