The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-31-2020, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whatever the case SN should have just quit the kitchen if she didn't like the heat. But Mick never had the heart to say that to her.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Whatever the case SN should have just quit the kitchen if she didn't like the heat. But Mick never had the heart to say that to her.
This is what I pointed out when someone brought up Neil Young and CSNY. When he had a problem with Crosby over drug use, and felt he couldn't work with him anymore, Neil was far and away the biggest star in the group. He could easily have lobbied the others to kick out Crosby (who was becoming increasingly difficult and decreasingly creative).

Instead, Neil quit and let the others carry on without him for ten years until Crosby got clean. In so doing Neil may have left a lot of money on the table (the next two CSN albums were smash hits), but he didn't plot behind anyone's back to get someone fired. He left himself.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post

Instead, Neil quit and let the others carry on without him for ten years until Crosby got clean. In so doing Neil may have left a lot of money on the table (the next two CSN albums were smash hits), but he didn't plot behind anyone's back to get someone fired. He left himself.
$tevie would NEVER do that. Because it's ALL about her.

$he's not the boss. Yeah, right. F*cking egomaniac is what $he is.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
This is what I pointed out when someone brought up Neil Young and CSNY. When he had a problem with Crosby over drug use, and felt he couldn't work with him anymore, Neil was far and away the biggest star in the group. He could easily have lobbied the others to kick out Crosby (who was becoming increasingly difficult and decreasingly creative).

exactly.

although i initially listened to the voices saying she wanted to do that and Mick made her stay to make sure his pockets are filled as much as possible, after seeing all the happenings from the last 2 years, i don't blame it so singularly on Mick anymore. she's not the victim, she's a perpetrator. like someone said, her obsession with "haunting Lindsey forever" (after dumping him?!) was initially expressed back in 1976 with Silver Springs, and sadly for her it never went away.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-03-2020, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I do laugh when people call Stevie fans cultists when so many Lindsey fans here continue to spend countless hours posting the same pro-Lindsey, anti-Stevie arguments in every thread, coming into Stevie threads and hijacking them to talk about Lindsey. Trying to buddy up to Lindsey's wife on Twitter. It's creepy. And it completely destroyed what was once a great discussion board.
With all due respect, I think from the Twitter interaction we've had it's evident that she and I have become buddies. I'd tell you how many Tweets of mine she's liked, but I'm afraid it would just come off as bragging.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I don't like how Lindsey was treated and would never support this new "Fleetwood Mac" but this is BS. Lindsey has done plenty to deserve her cold behavior.

I've seen the MusicCares video and he mocked her while she was speaking, going as far to make the jerking off motion. It's clear as day. Enough to be booted from the band? No, but childish and disrespectful.

Before I'm labeled as a Stevie cultist, I think she has done plenty herself and she is no innocent victim. I'm one of the people in the grey area.

I do laugh when people call Stevie fans cultists when so many Lindsey fans here continue to spend countless hours posting the same pro-Lindsey, anti-Stevie arguments in every thread, coming into Stevie threads and hijacking them to talk about Lindsey. Trying to buddy up to Lindsey's wife on Twitter. It's creepy. And it completely destroyed what was once a great discussion board.
The same could be said of those who are friends with Lindsey's Ex Carol, Ken, Richard etc or anyone else who has or had anything to do with FM and or SN. They hang on every word and stir the **** anytime one of them posts something that is anti Lindsey or about FM.

As for your comments about destroying a great discussion board what is their to discuss? The band is the one who keeps trashing Lindsey every chance they get. Why you think we shouldn't be able to discuss it even it seems like rehashing is beyond me. If the band can continue to talk about it so can we.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Wrong body part.

What he lacked was balls.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
The same could be said of those who are friends with Lindsey's Ex Carol, Ken, Richard etc or anyone else who has or had anything to do with FM and or SN. They hang on every word and stir the **** anytime one of them posts something that is anti Lindsey or about FM.

As for your comments about destroying a great discussion board what is their to discuss? The band is the one who keeps trashing Lindsey every chance they get. Why you think we shouldn't be able to discuss it even it seems like rehashing is beyond me. If the band can continue to talk about it so can we.
Exactly. Why should we "move on" or "let it go" when Mick keeps trashing Lindsey at every opportunity he has or Stevie keeps mentioning him like they were best buddies? My God, I still don't get it!

As for KB, many so-called Lindsey's fans don't agree with her behavior during Lindsey's firing, so it's not like everybody likes her. Granted, those are all the shippers who think she's the reason Stevie was "forced" to give that ultimatum to Mick, when in fact she's in love with him and of course he's also still in love with her.....

I can get the shipper part. What I can't get is the hate towards someone who took good care of Lindsey when his bandametes gave him the cold shoulder. Just because master Stevie says so.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
1. Almost instant, blind vilification of Lindsey by a huge chunk of folks who acted as if they were just waiting to have a reason to finally be happy he is out of the band, why that is I don’t really understand.
It wasn’t a matter of being happy, but between the Stevie-Lindsey love-hate relationship being beaten into the ground as the band’s defining storyline and the growing reliance on prerecords, I welcomed the change, and I was happy that they brought in respectable musicians. Anyway, we got to hear Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey Buckingham rarities live in 2018 that might not have happened without the split.

That said, it seemed like he stopped trying to appease Stevie and stopped playing along with the Stevie-Lindsey storyline after Christine returned. He also seemed to have a chip on his shoulder during the Classic shows and promotions. It’s like he forgot or maybe never realized that there’s no such thing as an equal partnership in a band where one member has sold 30 million albums independent of the band and is considered an icon.

Quote:
2. The amplification of all things related to Lindsey’s behavior and events 40 years ago while at the same time ignoring John McVies abusive alcoholism as well as the collective drug and party culture that affected every member of the band.
I agree, however John’s alcoholism didn’t have long term implications on the band’s ability to function. John and Christine were able to move on from it and continued to have a great working relationship as well as a good friendship.

Quote:
Ken C’s recent remarks about Lindsey having the audacity to work on tusk tracks at home, but failing to mention how Stevie worked on Sara with Tom M. In an all together separate session. The shear amount of double standards and attempts to revise history is pretty shocking by fans and band members.
Not the same thing at all. After the 1975 album, the writers would separately go into studios to flush out demos. For example, John worked out the bass line on “Love Will Show Us How” during the demo sessions for Christine’s 1984 album, even though he didn’t play on the album. That’s what Stevie was doing with Tom. Lindsey was recording final album tracks at home, which is what Ken and some within the band (notably John) objected to.

Quote:
3. Magically, overnight there were legions of fans who were predominantly fans because of the ‘75 lineup, magically had an affection for every incarnation of the band and then used this as an excuse to feed into Micks “we’ve always had a revolving line up so this is business as usual” defense.
I can’t speak to this, since I have always been a fan of the band as a whole. However, I remember reading lots of comments over the years, especially starting in 2009, that people were tired of the stale setlists and were going to skip shows because there was nothing new. And, while there were deep cuts in the 2018 tour, they weren’t so deep that people who were predominantly fans of the classic lineup wouldn’t have heard.

Quote:
4. There was a time when fans could objectively look at the past knowing what we do know and come to the conclusion that NONE of them were saints on any level. Yet, with the events of 2018/2019 Some fans and folks like Ken C. have decided to paint this picture that everyone else was a saint to work with and it was always Lindsey being the difficult one.
Mick, Christine, Stevie, and Ken have all sung his praises, too. Lindsey was the one who pushed the hardest in the studio, he’s the one who had the creative vision. However, I think he had difficulties compromising, and I suspect that played a part in his dismissal.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-06-2020, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Did you watch the video? If so, you would have seen that Mick AND Christine made faces, smirked, rolled their eyes and then STARTED WALTZING while Stevie spoke. It was after they began dancing that LB jokingly gestured to John that the two of them could dance as well.
Stevie has very different relationships with Christine and Mick than she does with Lindsey, and for all we know, they might have gotten heat for it, too.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-06-2020, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It’s like he forgot or maybe never realized that there’s no such thing as an equal partnership in a band where one member has sold 30 million albums independent of the band and is considered an icon.
This is true, and perhaps he did forget it. But I think he was aware of it broadly, as in interviews he would reference (and not negatively) band politics, which he acknowledged were there and should be there. I always took this to mean he understood Stevie had more power. I think he just underestimated how much more, and misjudged how readily–and to what end–she was prepared to exercise it.

Last edited by cbBen; 02-06-2020 at 05:08 PM..
Old 02-06-2020, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie is the big star in the band and he’s closer friends with her than he ever was with Lindsey. He’s not going out a limb at this point in life and risk losing a friendship and earning potential.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-06-2020, 06:48 PM
GoldDustWoman22
This message has been deleted by GoldDustWoman22.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustWoman22 View Post
Can I just point out though that Mick has gone against Stevie? It was in 2012 before Chris came back, and he literally was the biggest drama queen and wondered whether FM would ever tour again. This was not even 6 months after her mom died. Let's not pretend Mick has any actual friendship or loyalty to Stevie more than he does to Lindsey. If Lindsey was the moneymaker? His friendship to stevie would be easily tossed aside. He has zero backbone
Ding ding, ding!

Mick is just a money whore. He'd go against his Mom if he could make a buck. He's really is a piece of sh*t.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustWoman22 View Post
Let's not pretend Mick has any actual friendship or loyalty to Stevie more than he does to Lindsey. If Lindsey was the moneymaker? His friendship to stevie would be easily tossed aside. He has zero backbone
Maybe. It just seems like Mick and Stevie seem to meet up in Europe during vacations an awful lot, and Stevie has said that she and Mick are the type of friends who watch movies together or something like that. I don’t think Lindsey has the type of personality that lends itself to having that type of friendship with anyone. I don’t mean that as a criticism, it’s part of what makes him a genius at what he does.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2020, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It just seems like Mick and Stevie seem to meet up in Europe during vacations an awful lot, and Stevie has said that she and Mick are the type of friends who watch movies together or something like that.
Mick and Stevie are (or were?) one of the closest friendships in the band. They socialized together over the years. Mick was always backstage after a show or at the Supper Club at the Forum after a Stevie Nicks concert in LA. They towed around together in the late ’70s and ’80s a lot. They went to awards shows together, they did interviews together, they stayed at each other’s houses, and Mick even camp-followed the Stevie Nicks Southern California tour in 1986. It was a really close friendship—and might still be today, I don’t know.

Of course that’s not to say that he wouldn’t throw her under a bus for three quid.

moviekinks.blogspot.com