The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2020, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To me the most interesting thing to witness out of all of the 2018/2019 drama was:

1. Almost instant, blind vilification of Lindsey by a huge chunk of folks who acted as if they were just waiting to have a reason to finally be happy he is out of the band, why that is I don’t really understand.

2. The amplification of all things related to Lindsey’s behavior and events 40 years ago while at the same time ignoring John McVies abusive alcoholism as well as the collective drug and party culture that affected every member of the band. Ken C’s recent remarks about Lindsey having the audacity to work on tusk tracks at home, but failing to mention how Stevie worked on Sara with Tom M. In an all together separate session. The shear amount of double standards and attempts to revise history is pretty shocking by fans and band members.

3. Magically, overnight there were legions of fans who were predominantly fans because of the ‘75 lineup, magically had an affection for every incarnation of the band and then used this as an excuse to feed into Micks “we’ve always had a revolving line up so this is business as usual” defense.

4. There was a time when fans could objectively look at the past knowing what we do know and come to the conclusion that NONE of them were saints on any level. Yet, with the events of 2018/2019 Some fans and folks like Ken C. have decided to paint this picture that everyone else was a saint to work with and it was always Lindsey being the difficult one.

5. Folks love to pour on the love for the Tango In The Night album, but turn a complete blind eye to the fact that big bad Lindsey had to work with Christine McVie to single handedly piece that entire album together with mick the drunk hanging out in a trailer in Lindsey’s driveway and Stevie being almost entirely absent due to her own addiction struggles. But let’s talk about Lindsey backing out of the tour because that’s low hanging fruit and ignore the premise that there wouldn’t of been any tour at all without the darn album. Again, the cherry picking is pretty staggering in this new era to portray Lindsey.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-23-2020 at 10:45 PM..
Old 01-28-2020, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it fits with the larger zeitgeist of polarization. The world has devolved into camps, with no possible in-between. You're either "for" or "against" and once you pick your side, you pick your facts to support the position you've taken. Politics, social culture, whatever it is, everyone nowadays picks a side and ignores anything that doesn't fit that view. Sad.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it fits with the larger zeitgeist of polarization. The world has devolved into camps, with no possible in-between. You're either "for" or "against" and once you pick your side, you pick your facts to support the position you've taken. Politics, social culture, whatever it is, everyone nowadays picks a side and ignores anything that doesn't fit that view. Sad.
It is sad. It reduces the complexity of life to a meme. Things are almost never so absolutist black and white. They’re gray. Maybe that’s why we all like those jazzy-hippie songs Bob Welch produced with Fleetwood Mac—they adumbrate the complexities of life in sound. Thoughts?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-29-2020, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
To me the most interesting thing to witness out of all of the 2018/2019 drama was:

1. Almost instant, blind vilification of Lindsey by a huge chunk of folks who acted as if they were just waiting to have a reason to finally be happy he is out of the band, why that is I don’t really understand.

2. The amplification of all things related to Lindsey’s behavior and events 40 years ago while at the same time ignoring John McVies abusive alcoholism as well as the collective drug and party culture that affected every member of the band. Ken C’s recent remarks about Lindsey having the audacity to work on tusk tracks at home, but failing to mention how Stevie worked on Sara with Tom M. In an all together separate session. The shear amount of double standards and attempts to revise history is pretty shocking by fans and band members.

3. Magically, overnight there were legions of fans who were predominantly fans because of the ‘75 lineup, magically had an affection for every incarnation of the band and then used this as an excuse to feed into Micks “we’ve always had a revolving line up so this is business as usual” defense.

4. There was a time when fans could objectively look at the past knowing what we do know and come to the conclusion that NONE of them were saints on any level. Yet, with the events of 2018/2019 Some fans and folks like Ken C. have decided to paint this picture that everyone else was a saint to work with and it was always Lindsey being the difficult one.

5. Folks love to pour on the love for the Tango In The Night album, but turn a complete blind eye to the fact that big bad Lindsey had to work with Christine McVie to single handedly piece that entire album together with mick the drunk hanging out in a trailer in Lindsey’s driveway and Stevie being almost entirely absent due to her own addiction struggles. But let’s talk about Lindsey backing out of the tour because that’s low hanging fruit and ignore the premise that there wouldn’t of been any tour at all without the darn album. Again, the cherry picking is pretty staggering in this new era to portray Lindsey.
Couldn’t agree more. I have had people attack me for my support of Lindsey saying that his supporters are cult like members. I don’t get how anyone with even an ounce of intelligence cannot see the blatant hypocrisy with both why he was fired by the band ( tour delay of which Nicks is guilty of herself in 2012) as well as the he was difficult or we had come to an impasse when we all know that there have many times other members pulled **** they should have gotten the boot.

I think what it comes down to is that some of the SN fans are so obsessed with her and nothing not even quotes from the horses mouth will change their thinking on how she is perfection and Lindsey is nothing and guilty of everything. It is pointless to argue with them because their minds are made up. One of my friends said I hope they never serve on a jury.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Couldn’t agree more. I have had people attack me for my support of Lindsey saying that his supporters are cult like members. I don’t get how anyone with even an ounce of intelligence cannot see the blatant hypocrisy with both why he was fired by the band ( tour delay of which Nicks is guilty of herself in 2012) as well as the he was difficult or we had come to an impasse when we all know that there have many times other members pulled **** they should have gotten the boot.

I think what it comes down to is that some of the SN fans are so obsessed with her and nothing not even quotes from the horses mouth will change their thinking on how she is perfection and Lindsey is nothing and guilty of everything. It is pointless to argue with them because their minds are made up. One of my friends said I hope they never serve on a jury.
Funny that they think we are part of a cult when no matter what Stevie does or says, she will always be flawless to them. They know Lindsey did absolutely nothing to deserve her cold behavior and yet she’s still (still!) their perfect Sister of the Moon

I know SN fans who tried to escape and cursed her existence for like 10 minutes, but at the end.... that’s what I call a cult!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I know SN fans who tried to escape and cursed her existence for like 10 minutes, but at the end.... that’s what I call a cult!
Now I know what Stevie Nicks and Michael Jackson have in common.
Old 01-30-2020, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Michael didn't like aging guitarists. He liked budding ones. Really really budding ones.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Funny that they think we are part of a cult when no matter what Stevie does or says, she will always be flawless to them. They know Lindsey did absolutely nothing to deserve her cold behavior and yet she’s still (still!) their perfect Sister of the Moon

In the interest of not doing what the SN cult does, let's be honest and say neither of the two is a saint. We all know that over the past 50 years the two of them have done sh&tty things to each other...so yeah he surely has done stuff to piss her off JUST AS she's done plenty of things to piss him off. THAT is what so f'ed up about all this.... the worst of that stuff was years ago when they both really engaged in things that set the other one off. After all these years they developed a system for dealing with it all which was basically never talking to each other, not staying in same hotels, having an entourage around Stevie that kept everyone away from her, sending Karen over to deal with Lindsey banging on the dressing room wall because her music was too loud, etc. Then go onstage, pretend (she being the biggest promoter of this) and then leave in separate SUVs to separate hotels and never interact.

All of which circles back and undermines the Chiff logic about what went on for her to insist on his firing. Because she was only having to deal with him for like 4 hours a day at best. And what new behavior could be worse than any of either of their past behavior?? He ranted about why Rhiannon was played at MusicCares?? Like, really???
Old 01-30-2020, 02:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
They know Lindsey did absolutely nothing to deserve her cold behavior
I don't like how Lindsey was treated and would never support this new "Fleetwood Mac" but this is BS. Lindsey has done plenty to deserve her cold behavior.

I've seen the MusicCares video and he mocked her while she was speaking, going as far to make the jerking off motion. It's clear as day. Enough to be booted from the band? No, but childish and disrespectful.

Before I'm labeled as a Stevie cultist, I think she has done plenty herself and she is no innocent victim. I'm one of the people in the grey area.

I do laugh when people call Stevie fans cultists when so many Lindsey fans here continue to spend countless hours posting the same pro-Lindsey, anti-Stevie arguments in every thread, coming into Stevie threads and hijacking them to talk about Lindsey. Trying to buddy up to Lindsey's wife on Twitter. It's creepy. And it completely destroyed what was once a great discussion board.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I don't like how Lindsey was treated and would never support this new "Fleetwood Mac" but this is BS. Lindsey has done plenty to deserve her cold behavior.

I've seen the MusicCares video and he mocked her while she was speaking, going as far to make the jerking off motion. It's clear as day. Enough to be booted from the band? No, but childish and disrespectful.

Before I'm labeled as a Stevie cultist, I think she has done plenty herself and she is no innocent victim. I'm one of the people in the grey area.

I do laugh when people call Stevie fans cultists when so many Lindsey fans here continue to spend countless hours posting the same pro-Lindsey, anti-Stevie arguments in every thread, coming into Stevie threads and hijacking them to talk about Lindsey. Trying to buddy up to Lindsey's wife on Twitter. It's creepy. And it completely destroyed what was once a great discussion board.
well, now, let's not cherry pick our facts.

Did you watch the video? If so, you would have seen that Mick AND Christine made faces, smirked, rolled their eyes and then STARTED WALTZING while Stevie spoke. It was after they began dancing that LB jokingly gestured to John that the two of them could dance as well.

Funny how no one calls out MICK or CHRIS's behavior in this, just Lindsey's. That's the exact sort of bias that comes from the SN tribe (of which I was a member for DECADES).

If Lindsey's behavior during her speech merits actually firing from the band, Mick and Christine should be right out on the sidewalk with him. They aren't. So why is that????
Old 01-30-2020, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Did you watch the video? If so, you would have seen that Mick AND Christine made faces, smirked, rolled their eyes and then STARTED WALTZING while Stevie spoke. It was after they began dancing that LB jokingly gestured to John that the two of them could dance as well.

Funny how no one calls out MICK or CHRIS's behavior in this, just Lindsey's. That's the exact sort of bias that comes from the SN tribe (of which I was a member for DECADES).

If Lindsey's behavior during her speech merits actually firing from the band, Mick and Christine should be right out on the sidewalk with him. They aren't. So why is that????
It obviously was not just the Musicares incident. It was probably the last straw after decades of stuff. Most of which may look like nothing, but Stevie, with her obvious issues (borderline personality or whatever), will probably always overreact to just about anything.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In the interest of not doing what the SN cult does, let's be honest and say neither of the two is a saint. We all know that over the past 50 years the two of them have done sh&tty things to each other...so yeah he surely has done stuff to piss her off JUST AS she's done plenty of things to piss him off. THAT is what so f'ed up about all this.... the worst of that stuff was years ago when they both really engaged in things that set the other one off. After all these years they developed a system for dealing with it all which was basically never talking to each other, not staying in same hotels, having an entourage around Stevie that kept everyone away from her, sending Karen over to deal with Lindsey banging on the dressing room wall because her music was too loud, etc. Then go onstage, pretend (she being the biggest promoter of this) and then leave in separate SUVs to separate hotels and never interact.

All of which circles back and undermines the Chiff logic about what went on for her to insist on his firing. Because she was only having to deal with him for like 4 hours a day at best. And what new behavior could be worse than any of either of their past behavior?? He ranted about why Rhiannon was played at MusicCares?? Like, really???
Agree with all of this. Lindsey wasn't and will never be a saint. But what about talking like adults (like Lindsey wanted to since Azoff told him Stevie didn't want to be on the same stage with him ever again)?

I guess that's a bit too civilized for someone like Stevie....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post

Stevie has done plenty to receive the same kind of behavior from Lindsey, and yet, he still "loves them all".
I've seen the Musicares video too and Lindsey starts goofing around AFTER Mick and Christine make funny faces. So it's not as clear as day. Like, seriously? This has been discussed like a thousand times.

And please, there are plenty of Stevie's fans who refer to Lindsey's fans as "cultists". Plenty. Maybe your area is so grey that you can't see it clearly….

Quote:

Why is that? Because for Stevie (and her cult) there has always been about Lindsey, and only Lindsey….
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh for goodness sake, once and for all....
SHE got rid of him, she got him fired, end of ...kaput ...all her doing.

She has born a grudge or whatever for years, years, years.
And has waited and waited, till the scales tilted in her favour..

She finally got rid of him, when really he was of no use,( to her) as Fleetwood Mac was not going to make any new music, from her LA tower, she had decreed it.
Once Buckvie was released that was the final nail in his coffin, ...Christine returning was a major catalyst to Lindsey’s demise....

There’s really not much more to say , you can argue any possible reasons behind her actions..... but the fact is she done the deed.
The gal’s guilty.....
(even I can see that as a true Mac fan, neither Lindsey or Stevie fan, I love them both)
Old 01-31-2020, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Oh for goodness sake, once and for all....
SHE got rid of him, she got him fired, end of ...kaput ...all her doing.

She has born a grudge or whatever for years, years, years.
And has waited and waited, till the scales tilted in her favour..

She finally got rid of him, when really he was of no use,( to her) as Fleetwood Mac was not going to make any new music, from her LA tower, she had decreed it.
Once Buckvie was released that was the final nail in his coffin, ...Christine returning was a major catalyst to Lindsey’s demise....

There’s really not much more to say , you can argue any possible reasons behind her actions..... but the fact is she done the deed.
The gal’s guilty.....
(even I can see that as a true Mac fan, neither Lindsey or Stevie fan, I love them both)
YEP! Her cult just can't accept that $he could do something so mean and downright evil. Ungrateful pos, she is.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Apart from the face jobs you mean?
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.