Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Is this the end of the line?
If it isn't it should be. I have a difficult time imagining that they won't milk the "Farewell Tour " teat as long as they all still draw breath though.

Old 11-13-2019, 02:34 PM

It all depends on who is alive in Summer of 2021.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Sad - but true.

Maybe it will lead to enjoying what is and what we got from that band instead of missing what isn't and what we didn't get.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It all depends on who is alive in Summer of 2021.
And who is on speaking terms.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
“Buckingham McVie” doesn’t seem quite the right way to go out for a titan such as Fleetwood Mac. Melodic as it is, that album is kind of inconsequential, breaks no new ground, and musically retreads 1980s high points. Its a genteel little album whose purpose seems to be dipping its dainty little feetsies in a hot tub of nostalgia.
You're probably right. More than anything else, "Buckingham McVie" serves as a reminder of one aspect of its participant's legacy--elegant, effervescent pop-songcraft. It is, in part, a tribute to MIRAGE and some portions of TANGO; it is also a testament to the collaborative powers of its two leads. But the overall effect of the album feels boutique-y, deliberately minor in scope and scale, as if through coy modesty two richly talented singer-songwriter-instrumentalists remind the world that they are as hooky and clever as kids 45 years younger. Stevie's refusal to participate and the remaining four's fear to call it Fleetwood Mac in her absence meant the pressure was off and they could simply play together. It's all very creative and fun, but a certain intensity is lacking.

I do think the album might also have felt more substantial had it not really been blending of two distinct projects: the first a collaboration between Lindsey, John, and Mick meant to entice Stevie to return to the studio for a suitable follow up to SAY YOU WILL; the second a near-as-Mac-as-you-can-get suite of Christine songs sans Stevie. Christine's absence on Lindsey five tracks is my only real beef with the project. That, and the "freedom in my mouth" line from the collection's otherwise best song.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
And who is on speaking terms.
Maybe Neil Finn since he's "the guy" and best singing partner for her.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, she has known the guy for a year and all of a sudden he's "the best singing partner" for her? Finn must have internally rolled his eyes so hard!

So, basically Lindsey meant nothing in her life. Not romantically and not profesionally speaking. Maybe now she will finally stop mentioning him. Finally.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Despite how valid the Lindsey/Stevie feud has been, a small part of me still thinks this entire drama is one huge PR stunt staged by managers with the hope of launching another "The Dance" style REUNION. But, now a pesky little heart attack has left everything in limbo.

Picture it, Lindsey is tired of playing the same old rinse, wash, repeat set list with Fleetwood Mac. He needs a break, but doesn't want to throw away his cash cow forever. Stevie and Mick, ever the cash grabbers, can't stand to just sit home. Stevie's friend Mike, who has just lost his cash cow (Tom Petty), needs to keep busy. Mick's friend Neil (who had two hit songs over 30 years ago) just needs some money. Enter management--let's stage yet another "feud" within a band already known for drama. Lindsey gets a break for solo material from "the small machine", Mick and Stevie get to keep touring and throw in some pre75 tunes, a couple of sidemen make some money----PRESTO! Everyone is happy.

Fast forward to 2022. It's time for a DANCE STYLE REUNION that will double as a FAREWELL TOUR with the 5 members of the Rumours lineup. We can have long, teary eyed speeches about forgiveness, how we are "destined to be in a band together", etc... You know the routine, you've bought tickets to this sh*t show for years.

THEN.........a pesky little heart attack leaves everything in question.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She said that? OMG, they sound awful.

As for FM, I think it's the end. They're all getting up there. By the time they'll get back together Christine will be pushing 80. Her voice is not what it used to be (and that's putting it mildly), Stevie sounds horrible and there's like what, 15 people on that stage? How many will there be if they get back together? 25?

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-24-2019, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t think it’s the end. I don’t know about another year and a half tour, but I think they’ll do festival shows and smaller tours. So long as Mick and Stevie are alive, it will continue.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-25-2019, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

According to Richard Dashut it is the end. He posted on FB that he has been to the Vegas show:"I will be writing soon about my last night with FM in concert and being backstage at the closing stages of their career. " He said this on the 22nd of November.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-25-2019, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I tend to agree they will find ways to do more stuff. Maybe not big gigantic tours, but shows of some kind. Mick reports that Chris is the one constantly saying "what's next? what's next?" and is fired up to work. She got her 15 years of retirement until she was bored stiff.

Stevie can't seem to stop working and her managers will prop her up and send her out there as long as there's a buck to be made. Corporate gigs are big money for little time investment so I see her still doing those. Or smaller solo tours. She likes being a LEGEND and staying somehow in the public awareness.

Mick will keep finding ways to cash in. If nothing else he'll keep playing at his restaurant and have Chris join him but that's not the same money is it?

The only one I see embracing retirement is John.

But it all depends on health. THey're all officially old now for sure.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Crew member Ali Vatter (backstage/catering coördinator? I'm not 100% sure of her job description) sorta kinda confirms this was their last tour:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5UgyBnlNC8/
"Fleetwood Mac Fall US/CAN 2019. Sad to say this could very well be the last pictures from a Fleetwood Mac tour. It’s been a crazy ride since 2013. I have changed a lot, made life long friends, and am grateful to have been able to tour with such a rad band."

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 11-27-2019, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Crew member Ali Vatter (backstage/catering coördinator? I'm not 100% sure of her job description) sorta kinda confirms this was their last tour:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5UgyBnlNC8/
"Fleetwood Mac Fall US/CAN 2019. Sad to say this could very well be the last pictures from a Fleetwood Mac tour. It’s been a crazy ride since 2013. I have changed a lot, made life long friends, and am grateful to have been able to tour with such a rad band."
Well, that's not exactly a picture from the tour. It's a picture of Stevie from that thing at the Gala.
Noone dares to confirm anything, because it's all up to the 4 of them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 11-27-2019 at 05:08 PM..
Old 11-27-2019, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what the hell.....?? that cape is GHASTLY. Dead baby heads on the shoulders and down on the bottom trim..??

although it shows her exactly where she loves to be --- in the center of attention. She won't go quietly from that.