The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2019, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Who Expects This Band To Carry On After This Week?

Is this the end of the line?
Old 11-10-2019, 08:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Good question. It definitely feels like the end. The last ticketed event is in Las Vegas on 11/16. The next (and AFAIK last) date for the group appears to be on 11/20, for a benefit show, during the Dreamforce 2019 conference.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It is over.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope so....enough.
Of course a lot depends on the state of Micks’ Bank balance.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder also. It's billed as the last concert, but we know how things change. I'm torn over going. I've boycotted over how Lindsey was treated, but a part of me still wants to go. So far I've just looked at tickets online. I have pushed the button yet.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 11-10-2019, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
It is over.
You were the same person who told us Iovine would present Stevie with her Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame Nomination. What do you know? Not much probably. If it were the last tour FM would have billed it as a Farewell Tour. As long as they all live and are healthy after Stevie finishes her next tour, my best guess is they will have a FM farewell tour. Hopefully will include Lindsey.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
It is over.
Oh don't say that . I'm hoping next year they'll re release Rumours in reel-to-reel tape format...

or at least the 8-track tape format.

And if we are very very lucky, we'll get Mirage Tour Laser Disc by Christmas 2020

Old 11-10-2019, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
If you’re talking about this lineup, I don’t think there’s anything else they can or need to say. They’ve been doing their Vegasy shows for about a year and a half — unless they want to continue bringing the circus to a “town near you” for years to come, or plant themselves in Vegas for a very long engagement.
Otherwise, they seem to be done. What would they do while Stevie Nicks is on the road for 2020—21?

The only thing I can think of (and I’d rather not) is Fleetwood Mac morphing yet again into another lineup — to do what, I don’t know. You need names to tour big league the way they’ve been doing for two years, so if you’re going to hire more people, you’d better find names. This band seems to have no further interest in a studio life, so all they can do is be year-round entertainers. I used to cringe when they’d saturate the market, but no more — every show they do is a supersaturation point.

Fleetwood Mac is life-supported to the boomers. “Buckingham McVie” doesn’t seem quite the right way to go out for a titan such as Fleetwood Mac. Melodic as it is, that album is kind of inconsequential, breaks no new ground, and musically retreads 1980s high points. Its a genteel little album whose purpose seems to be dipping its dainty little feetsies in a hot tub of nostalgia.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-11-2019, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hope so. they should stop tarnishing their name.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-11-2019, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One can only hope. With Stevie off on her own for a year or so (how ever long her alleged solo tour is), Mike and Neil doing their own thing. Mike also has sounded very non commital to anything further with them, John doesn't seem to be taking part in the Peter Green/Early FM gig, which is very odd imo---if and when they decide to perhaps mount something again, Christine could potentially be pushing 80. That's not gonna sound good
Old 11-11-2019, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Oh don't say that . I'm hoping next year they'll re release Rumours in reel-to-reel tape format...
Ah, the greatly speculated lost quad mix ...
Old 11-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

or at least the 8-track tape format.

And if we are very very lucky, we'll get Mirage Tour Laser Disc by Christmas 2020

Now THAT was funny
Old 11-12-2019, 11:44 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
It will be awhile before we see Fleetwood Mac again. Neil Finn is reactivating Crowded House. Mike Campbell is finishing a studio album with his band, the Dirty Knobs.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You were the same person who told us Iovine would present Stevie with her Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame Nomination. What do you know? Not much probably. If it were the last tour FM would have billed it as a Farewell Tour. As long as they all live and are healthy after Stevie finishes her next tour, my best guess is they will have a FM farewell tour. Hopefully will include Lindsey.
Please post a link where I stated that as fact. I guessed like everyone else. Please for love of God---give up on LB. I definitely know more than you but that isn't saying much.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is the end. Stevie finally got what she wanted: on one hand to get rid of Lindsey, and on the other hand to be the only lead of a band she never loved.

This is the legacy she wants for the band. She couldn't care less about FM fans.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.