Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood will be on The Today Show from Australia tomorrow

https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/sta...83948863279104
Old 08-29-2019, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He's still the only one out doing press for this tour.... Stevie has remained hidden away since telling untruths on American tv before the tour, and I don't think I've seen or heard Chris being interviewed anywhere either. Just good ole Mick, If you believe your truth, why hide away??
Old 08-29-2019, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
He's still the only one out doing press for this tour.... Stevie has remained hidden away since telling untruths on American tv before the tour, and I don't think I've seen or heard Chris being interviewed anywhere either. Just good ole Mick, If you believe your truth, why hide away??
With the extent to which he stretches the truth and changes the narrative....I think his credibilty is shot....regardless of the forum with which he chooses to express his opinion. Stevie drove this chasm and now stepped away (post that "awesome" CBS interview), and Mick and the band let her. If you look at previous tours, the only person who has never really done press was John. Mick, Stevie and Lindsey, and then Christine for OWTS were front and center. This should have been a banner year for FM as a band, and with Stevie getting RRHOF on top...wind at their backs. This is a shameful way for this band to go out. But Mick can keep spinning it. Maybe NF will actually hire him for CH. One can only hope.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope one of our Aussie members who caught his interview will post something to let us know what he said....or links to watch it.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found this article but wish I could find the video.

They should have, could have, and kind of did break up a couple of times over the past 50 years.

Fleetwood Mac, the band that formed in London in the late 1960s and has been through dramas, divorces, affairs and rumours that have tested all involved, most recently the sacking of a key member from their most successful era, Lindsey Buckingham. He was spectacularly let loose and replaced by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' Mike Campbell and Crowded House main man, Neil Finn.

I've had the pleasure of speaking to the band many times over the years and was anxious to get the lowdown on the latest line-up from at the helm of the band that bares his name, Mick Fleetwood.

It seems the majority of Mac fans the world over are giving the new line-up the thumbs up. It's certainly been a rocky road over the past 50 years, with 18 members passing through the ranks, coming and going for one reason or another.

"There's been some pain involved, you know, getting to where we are and still are. You become aware of all of that and you become very aware of it that people are still enjoying what we do and, as my father would say, that it's all been worth a damn."

"For my conscience, that's a good thing to remember," Fleetwood laughed.

His father's advice has certainly helped Mick calm the waters and fuel the fires to keep his beloved band afloat even in difficult times, even when faced with the prospect of replacing musical director Lindsey Buckingham.

Fleetwood said the conversation, while difficult, was one that simply had to happen. "None of us were happy."

"His talent is a given, as you're well aware, on stage. You can't continue doing something if you're really not happy about what's going on. And that's how we leave it, with the integrity for both Lindsey and ourselves," Fleetwood said.

With goodbye to Lindsay, it was hello to Mike Campbell and Neil Finn. There was so many love and respect between the band members, it really is beautiful to see such harmony on stage.

"Not the irony but the lovely part of that was all around his talent. The ladies, Stevie, Christine, they're the singers, so there were some ideas they will remain nameless. I have to say that in the back of my mind was always this lovely gentleman known as Neil Finn."

According to Fleetwood, Stevie "insisted" the band do a Split Endz song 'I Got You' and Crowded House's signature song 'Don't Dream It's Over.'

But Fleetwood observed they were spoiled for choice. "The original list of what we were doing, including songs from Tom and including more songs - it would be like a Bruce Springsteen concert, five years in the making!"

I told Fleetwood I was there last night with my 24-year-old son, who wasn't the youngest guy in the room and I certainly wasn't the oldest. So what is it about this music that makes it transcend generations?

"I think it's a fascination with looking at something that for sure has survived. But there's a humour about everything that we're doing. And a reaching out for something that is, as I said before, worth a damn.

"The audiences have been great all over the world. And we're grateful."

Fleetwood Mac finished their Sydney shows last night and are now heading to Melbourne for shows at Rod Laver Arena. There are still some tickets available through Ticketek.

https://9now.nine.com.au/today/fleet...0-4f147b6e2f04
Old 08-30-2019, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here it is - sorry i tried to embed but it's not working

https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/sta...96140451680256
Old 08-30-2019, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's my take away from the interview:

1. The interviewer should have just bowed to Mick at the beginning, middle and end, then kissed his feet.........he was soooo sugary sweet and gushing. Clearly he wasn't the person to ask some difficult questions, not that he would have been allowed to.

2. I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND the comment that "we weren't happy." Everyone but Stevie was. So either Mick was lying before when he constantly claimed what a family they were and how they loved each other, or he's lying now about not being happy. Either way, BIG F***ING LIAR MICK.

3."That's how we leave it with both integrity for Lindsay and us..." WTF????? They slammed Lindsay claiming no one in the band likes him, they lie about his solo tour planning, they ghost him and treat him like garbage, the don't contact him after his heart attack. They've lost their integrity to many FM fans, like it or not.

4. Christine was part of the planning to get Neil Finn?????????? I thought she didn't know about any of this until it was done, and the time line shows that they had the replacements ready to go almost immediately. Again, BIG F***ING LIAR MICK.

That's all for now................
Old 08-30-2019, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Here's my take away from the interview:

1. The interviewer should have just bowed to Mick at the beginning, middle and end, then kissed his feet.........he was soooo sugary sweet and gushing. Clearly he wasn't the person to ask some difficult questions, not that he would have been allowed to.

2. I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND the comment that "we weren't happy." Everyone but Stevie was. So either Mick was lying before when he constantly claimed what a family they were and how they loved each other, or he's lying now about not being happy. Either way, BIG F***ING LIAR MICK.

3."That's how we leave it with both integrity for Lindsay and us..." WTF????? They slammed Lindsay claiming no one in the band likes him, they lie about his solo tour planning, they ghost him and treat him like garbage, the don't contact him after his heart attack. They've lost their integrity to many FM fans, like it or not.

4. Christine was part of the planning to get Neil Finn?????????? I thought she didn't know about any of this until it was done, and the time line shows that they had the replacements ready to go almost immediately. Again, BIG F***ING LIAR MICK.

That's all for now................

I also love the line about how Lindsey's talent ONSTAGE is not in dispute. Uh... what about his talent in the studio? You know, making you all those critically acclaimed albums and hit singles??
Old 08-30-2019, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post

thanks for posting the link!

Stevie sounds awful, and on The Chain it appears she has been coaching Neil to be more like LB, in his delivery of the lines and the whole turning to look at her in the same way LB did. Gross.

When you make your career about your relationship with someone, and all your songs are about them, and people come to see you sing with that person, and then they are gone, you can NOT recreate that dynamic with someone new whom you just met and with whom you've never worked before.

Yet she seems to determined to make it so. Speaks to her total lack of imagination and creativity. Can't you find ways to do those songs that aren't about the personal relationship but just about the quality of the song? Apparently not. It just reveals the whole thing for the giant pantomime that it is and has been forever. If that's the bit Lindsey was unhappy with, I have to side with him on this, even if he was an a-hole behind the scenes in fighting against the whole charade. At least he had integrity.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What I donÂ’t get...Buckingham Mcvie release their album of that name in June 2017....so must have been happy during that time, Mick and John are on that album so theyÂ’re presumably happy to perform during 2017 with Lindsey.
Less than a year later, January 2018, Lindsey is sacked.

Fleetwood gives the reason (well at least todayÂ’s reason)...that no one was happy.
This is a load of b*ll*cks

Christine at least must have been happy she toured with Lindsey upto July 2017.
So WTF happened between August 2017 and December 2107....
.......Stevie gave Mick the Ultimatum, me or him.....
NOT , well we were all unhappy, and it couldnÂ’t continue load of rubbish.
Old 08-30-2019, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Is this the whole segment?
Old 08-30-2019, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Mick Fleetwood doesn't know what integrity means! He's a douchebag! I've lost all respect for the remaining members of this band. I wonder if Stevie is sucking Mick's dick again? Licking his wooden balls?! They are truly a disgusting lot. Stay far away Lindsey! Never Go Back Again! I'll continue to support LB, but the other ones can **** off!
Old 08-30-2019, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
What I donÂ’t get...Buckingham Mcvie release their album of that name in June 2017....so must have been happy during that time, Mick and John are on that album so theyÂ’re presumably happy to perform during 2017 with Lindsey.
Less than a year later, January 2018, Lindsey is sacked.
Basic tracks were recorded in 2014.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Basic tracks were recorded in 2014.
Christine said in an interview from this year that she really loves Lindsey. I guess her love for Stevie, fame, and fortune was bigger.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Every time I see a clip of Stevie singing GYPSY recently with all that weird hand jive & the "hey hey baby" I. JUST. CRINGE. Uggh!