Old 08-21-2019, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default “It’s a Love Story Really...”

Here’s a vom-inducing feature from THE GUARDIAN:

“It’s a Love Story Really: Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks on Wooing Neil Finn”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...-fleetwood-mac
Old 08-21-2019, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks is also a longtime fan of Finn’s. Back in the 1980s she would make up her own harmonies to Don’t Dream It’s Over when it was played on MTV.

well that means he should check her back catalogue carefully, as she likely has ripped off his song and made money off it, like she did with Little Red Corvette. Prince was gracious about and let her get away with it. She also got away with writing Wild Heart over Lindsey's track for Can't Go Back and claiming on the album credits she was the sole writer of music and lyrics. She tried it with Mark Knopfler's music, writing She Loves Him Still over his song but he WOULDN'T let her get away with (until all these years later and with him fully credited as writing the music) and of course she tried it again when she wrote lyrics over Tom's track for Runaway Train and gave it to FM as her own until he too called her out.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-21-2019 at 09:35 PM..
Old 08-22-2019, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't forget Prettiest girl in the world written over a Susanna Vega song. Can't remember the title, but I have the MP3 of it somewhere where she is playing the song and singing along with it.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-22-2019, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Don't forget Prettiest girl in the world written over a Susanna Vega song. Can't remember the title, but I have the MP3 of it somewhere where she is playing the song and singing along with it.
It wasn't Susanna Vega. It was the song titled: "My Name Is Luca."
Old 08-22-2019, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If these shows are tonight and tomorrow, why is Mick still pumping press for them or for the band in general? Neil is probably about ready to split after the Australian dates. I'm sick of media coverage that says exactly the same thing as the last two years' worth of interviews and articles - "what a beautiful story" and "here we are, ready to play our hearts out for you, our dear fans" and "let's not talk in detail about the negative stuff - I'll have another ghostwritten book for you to enjoy in a year or two, and it'll be filled with all sorts of juicy horseshat."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-22-2019, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It wasn't Susanna Vega. It was the song titled: "My Name Is Luca."
Isn't that a Suzanne Vega song?
Old 08-22-2019, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If these shows are tonight and tomorrow, why is Mick still pumping press for them or for the band in general? Neil is probably about ready to split after the Australian dates. I'm sick of media coverage that says exactly the same thing as the last two years' worth of interviews and articles - "what a beautiful story" and "here we are, ready to play our hearts out for you, our dear fans" and "let's not talk in detail about the negative stuff - I'll have another ghostwritten book for you to enjoy in a year or two, and it'll be filled with all sorts of juicy horseshat."
Yep. Nothing about the new lineup is interesting. Nothing is generative. Nothing is worth reporting. Just the bull that Mick hopes will get the masses in seats. So dull. So callous.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, It was Suzanne Vega.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-22-2019, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=bombaysaffires;1253911]Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks is also a longtime fan of Finn’s. Back in the 1980s she would make up her own harmonies to Don’t Dream It’s Over when it was played on MTV.

Yes, I'm sure this is true. Those of us who've followed the band for decades, and could easily write a biography better than most that have been published, have never heard a word about Stevie Nicks and Neil Finn. Or Crowded House. Or Split Enz. Stevie, who didn't even know that "Black Magic Woman" was a FM tune, was a HUGE Neil Finn fan. HUGE. Great "love story."
Old 08-22-2019, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I've always wondered if she did in fact write Edge of 17 over The Police's Bring on the Night. Waddy once said in an interview that when he heard the track he thought "Wow, we really are ripping them off"...a comment he had to backtrack from when HRH got wind of it....
Old 08-23-2019, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

OMG. That article reads like a North Korean propaganda piece
I don't believe Stevie knew anything about Crowded House and did not know them from Adam. The song Don't Dream Its Over was released when she was showing up drunk for Tango sessions and then Betty Ford.
Lets do another reality check. The only reason Stevie sings it on stage with Finn is to hold the audience which is mostly made up of Stevie fans. They would be running to the restroom during the song if she did not sing it with him. Its the same reason she sings Free Fallin instead of Mike Campbell.
Another fact check: When Micks says they "could not find anyone" is total B.S. They rushed and found people really fast after Lindsey was fired. Stevie immediately brought Mike and once Billy did not work out (and Billy's tweet), Finn was almost immediately added. Mick makes it sound like they went on for months and months looking for a singer and guitarist. It some weird way, they were hired as quick as Rick and Billy.
Trying to make this destiny or some sort of lovey dovey situation is like reading how the founder of North Korea was born on a mountain with devine intervention.
Yeah ok
Old 08-23-2019, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Isn’t it about now, Mick should be talking about the chemistry between those two.....which will go on till the day they die..
Old 08-23-2019, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Isn’t it about now, Mick should be talking about the chemistry between those two.....which will go on till the day they die..
They can never let it lie at "We make great music." As much as the firing surely hurt him, Lindsey was probably pleased to have all the nonsense p.r. behind him.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
They can never let it lie at "We make great music." As much as the firing surely hurt him, Lindsey was probably pleased to have all the nonsense p.r. behind him.
I think it was before the 2013 tour, that Mick was giving his usual round of claptrap
And he kept going on about the chemistry between these two (S and L) will be there ,probably till the day they die...Unfinished chemistry...and Lyndsey had been married years..
Old 08-23-2019, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But I don’t think chemistry only means romance. Clashing in the wrong way can constitute chemistry. Mix certain elements together and you can start a fire.

Like the comment about Lindsey always trying to tone John down. Lindsey discussed the battle of going head to head until you almost think you are going to run the other person over. Then you don’t. I think that’s chemistry.

Lindsey and Christine and Lindsey and Mick have harmonious chemistry.

John and Lindsey has a chemistry born more of friction.

Lindsey and Stevie has both kinds.