Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Set list changes in Australia

They replaced Monday Morning with Blue Letter and man of the world was added without replacing anything

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-11-2019, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
They replaced Monday Morning with Blue Letter and man of the world was added without replacing anything
hahahahaha you do know it's middle of August and not April 1st, right?

Monday Morning was long dropped and not replaced. there is no Blue letter or Man of The World. they are cowards.

the only thing that was added back in is long dropped Split Enz I Got You - dropped in the US because audiences didn't care for it, and added back in now cos it was actually a hit down under, local hero Neil etc etc.... so guess they figured they'd try again.

so now they are not doing measly 19 songs but back up to 20.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fleet...-1b9f9de0.html

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-11-2019, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow correction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Monday Morning was long dropped and not replaced. there is no Blue letter or Man of The World. they are cowards.

the only thing that was added back in is long dropped Split Enz I Got You - dropped in the US because audiences didn't care for it, and added back in now cos it was actually a hit down under, local hero Neil etc etc.... so guess they figured they'd try again.

and....................... wonders never seize! at the 2nd Perth show, apparently local hero Finn now got to sing lead in almost half of the set - 10+ songs, vs 7 each Stevie and Chris. if Lindsey had so many more than Stevie, she would have given him a few more heart attacks before ever allowing something like that to actually happen.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-11-2019, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and....................... wonders never seize! at the 2nd Perth show, apparently local hero Finn now got to sing lead in almost half of the set - 10+ songs, vs 7 each Stevie and Chris. if Lindsey had so many more than Stevie, she would have given him a few more heart attacks before ever allowing something like that to actually happen.
There was actually an insta story on the Fleetwood Mac News page that actually captioned them as "Crowded House". I guess it's good they are acknowledging it now? LOL
Old 08-11-2019, 08:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

...Geez. The link you posted is the setlist for the show on the 9th, op is referring to the show on the 11th.

Attached is a pic of the setlist that night that someone posted. No videos posted yet but it looks legit. They didn't play Blue Letter and Man of the World on the 9th, they were added on the 11th.

Monday Morning was not "long-dropped" either. They played it intermittently. They just did it at Wembley in June. You can check the artist statistics panel on Setlist.fm to see for yourself. Blue Letter is currently in its place in the setlist.

not sure what's with all of the aggressive hyperbole in this post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 68801568_744867099302302_6434588929055260672_n.jpg (57.0 KB, 20 views)

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)

Last edited by Netter75; 08-11-2019 at 08:08 PM..
Old 08-11-2019, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
There was actually an insta story on the Fleetwood Mac News page that actually captioned them as "Crowded House". I guess it's good they are acknowledging it now? LOL
heh, not surprising and apparently getting to be more and more accurate by the gig.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if Monday Morning was replaced with Blue Letter because Monday Morning is a Lindsey song. I always felt that shouldn't be doing his song especially after firing him. Maybe they figured it out, or maybe Lindsey's reps told the group to stop playing it. Either way, I think Blue Letter is a better choice.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-12-2019, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

the only thing that was added back in is long dropped Split Enz I Got You - dropped in the US because audiences didn't care for it, and added back in now cos it was actually a hit down under
Eat your words elle!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFCy...UQ&app=desktop
Old 08-12-2019, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

2 min 12 seconds of Blue Letter.

https://youtu.be/z6_seOMHgUY

I Got You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOGQpntB_H0

Last edited by kak125; 08-12-2019 at 01:00 PM..
Old 08-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Neil sounds really good on Man of the world, not so much on Blue Letter
Old 08-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

“Man of the World” one of my absolute favourite FMac songs.
It’s a great song with great lyrics and Peters voice is so sad and meaningful.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Ledgie

Well this IS a surprise...apparently 'Man of the world' was last played in 1969!!!It sounds and looks good: vocals suit Neil and guitar is spot on. Haven't seen/heard 'Blue Letter ' yet.....again, surprised to see this in- but ,then again, they did it in 1987/88 with a new line up. I guess it's a 'safe' sort of song to do. Interesting that the two additions are Neil on vocals....possibly because of where they are on tour now.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Man of the World" - I'm really pleased they played that. I remember Neil saying a long time ago that they had rehearsed it as well as "Hypnotised". I'm saddened but not terribly surprised to hear the muted audience reaction, though....

Did Peter ever play it live with FM? I've never heard a boot of it..
Old 08-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Eat your words elle!!!
]
haha lalready did - did you see my post titled "correction" above yours? i completely thought Hawkeye was spoofing us, it's totally so out of Mick/Stevie character!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
Well this IS a surprise...apparently 'Man of the world' was last played in 1969!!!It sounds and looks good: vocals suit Neil and guitar is spot on. Haven't seen/heard 'Blue Letter ' yet.....again, surprised to see this in- but ,then again, they did it in 1987/88 with a new line up. I guess it's a 'safe' sort of song to do. Interesting that the two additions are Neil on vocals....possibly because of where they are on tour now.
completely agree with everything you said! and yeah just read that - first time since 1969! it would be so unbelievably cool - IF the last year didn't happen. now just makes me sad and i can't even listen to it. and it's a gorgeous gorgeous song.

as someone reminded us, Neil and Mike played it at Largo in LA but audience reaction was meh so Fakewoods never put it in the set. guess now in Neil territory Neil must have some pull and they put it in.

as you say Blue Letter is a safe song Lindsey-less versions of FM tend to perform - that one was last performed in 1990 apparently, so not much of a surprise there. but Man of the World, definitely a surprise, especially since it happened at the 2nd show of the leg. completely not Mick/Stevie's normal MO.

and yeah 10 songs Neil on lead or co-lead, 7 Stevie, and 7 Christine is definitely something Lindsey would never ever be allowed to do if he was in Neil's place! not to mention his own solo songs - or even better - BuckVie? can you imagine?? he would be raked over coals even more than he has been for years now. how dare he!

Old 08-12-2019, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I vaguely kinda sorta remember once seeing/ hearing a bootleg album of an early 1975 FM show with Man of the World being performed. Lindsey must have been the one singing lead.