The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Despite how valid the Lindsey/Stevie feud has been, a small part of me still thinks this entire drama is one huge PR stunt staged by managers with the hope of launching another "The Dance" style REUNION. But, now a pesky little heart attack has left everything in limbo.

Picture it, Lindsey is tired of playing the same old rinse, wash, repeat set list with Fleetwood Mac. He needs a break, but doesn't want to throw away his cash cow forever. Stevie and Mick, ever the cash grabbers, can't stand to just sit home. Stevie's friend Mike, who has just lost his cash cow (Tom Petty), needs to keep busy. Mick's friend Neil (who had two hit songs over 30 years ago) just needs some money. Enter management--let's stage yet another "feud" within a band already known for drama. Lindsey gets a break for solo material from "the small machine", Mick and Stevie get to keep touring and throw in some pre75 tunes, a couple of sidemen make some money----PRESTO! Everyone is happy.

Fast forward to 2022. It's time for a DANCE STYLE REUNION that will double as a FAREWELL TOUR with the 5 members of the Rumours lineup. We can have long, teary eyed speeches about forgiveness, how we are "destined to be in a band together", etc... You know the routine, you've bought tickets to this sh*t show for years.

THEN.........a pesky little heart attack leaves everything in question.

Last edited by WatchChain; 11-18-2019 at 11:22 PM..
Old 11-20-2019, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The thought occurred to me, too, last year. But then I figured that nobody in Fleetwood Mac has the acting chops to be able to maintain this “story” for nearly two years. I go back to Lindsey’s video with the interviewer last year—his pained, confused look and the slight lump in his throat when he was positing possible motives on Stevie’s and Mick’s part weren’t acting. Which leads to the unlikely scenario that Lindsey was never clued in to this stunt.

More: A PR stunt requires PR. Since last year’s brief round of interviewing, there’s really been no additional PR about the split-up.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-20-2019, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I go back to Lindsey’s video with the interviewer last year—his pained, confused look and the slight lump in his throat when he was positing possible motives on Stevie’s and Mick’s part weren’t acting.
You break my heart.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:24 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Despite how valid the Lindsey/Stevie feud has been, a small part of me still thinks this entire drama is one huge PR stunt staged by managers with the hope of launching another "The Dance" style REUNION. But, now a pesky little heart attack has left everything in limbo.
As twisted as all that would've been... I wish that it were true. (sans the heart trouble of course)
Old 11-21-2019, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You break my heart.
Well, you know, I didn’t break up the group. I wanted them all to die entangled in one another’s arms, laid out on a mattress in a photo shot by Annie Leibovitz.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-25-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Well, you know, I didn’t break up the group. I wanted them all to die entangled in one another’s arms, laid out on a mattress in a photo shot by Annie Leibovitz.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am still reading and enjoying GET TUSK and can’t help but think that that a lot of what happened in 2017/2018 is par for the course with how dysfunctional all five members are. It’s like...of course, just another storyline in their soap opera. Not everyone will agree and of course we’ll never know for certain but reading this book answers my questions about why John never took Lindsey side. I had no idea how hurt he was at times during the making of Tusk. And Mick wasn’t always happy either. And we know all five members never completely let anything go.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I am still reading and enjoying GET TUSK and can’t help but think that that a lot of what happened in 2017/2018 is par for the course with how dysfunctional all five members are. It’s like...of course, just another storyline in their soap opera. Not everyone will agree and of course we’ll never know for certain but reading this book answers my questions about why John never took Lindsey side. I had no idea how hurt he was at times during the making of Tusk. And Mick wasn’t always happy either. And we know all five members never completely let anything go.
They are five very dysfunctional people — downright antisocial and pathological when they don’t get their way. And I think that dysfunction even predates the Buckingham Nicks years. Consider Danny’s behavior (one example among many) at that one show he refused to play, after which he came backstage to criticize the performance. Fleetwood Mac has been peopled with high-maintenance bitches since the beginning.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2019, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They are five very dysfunctional people — downright antisocial and pathological when they don’t get their way. And I think that dysfunction even predates the Buckingham Nicks years. Consider Danny’s behavior (one example among many) at that one show he refused to play, after which he came backstage to criticize the performance. Fleetwood Mac has been peopled with high-maintenance bitches since the beginning.
I always thought the dysfunctional behavior of Danny, Jeremy and Peter was consequence of LSD. Just my perception. The turmoil of the Rumours lineup is another story, and of course a different reason, that changed thru the time. Love(/hate?), money, ego.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're right. They're FIVE dysfunctional people, not FOUR and Stevie, like many posters would love to emphasize here.

No matter what era you choose, there were always crazy times among them.

I'm sure Lindsey was/is hurt about many things the other four did to him too.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.