The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood joining Crowded House?

apparently, newly reforming Crowded House will need to find a drummer. sounds like a perfect gig for Mick.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-20-2019, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
apparently, newly reforming Crowded House will need to find a drummer. sounds like a perfect gig for Mick.

He’ll do anything if the price is right..!!
Old 08-20-2019, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have preferred he had just done that than ruin the band's legacy. To transition from a fake Fleetwood touring band to record or tour with Crowded House would be an unbelievable betrayal.

Well, no betrayal is unbelievable now.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I would have preferred he had just done that than ruin the band's legacy. To transition from a fake Fleetwood touring band to record or tour with Crowded House would be an unbelievable betrayal.

Well, no betrayal is unbelievable now.
He seems to live a rather grandiose lifestyle and therefore "regularly" files for bankruptcy. Lindsey has kept him gainfully employed over the years when FM was on the back burner., and let him live in his driveway when he was in a bad way...Lindsey's health issues aside, I am pretty sure he's not calling up MF asking him to play on his next album, should there be one (am so hopeful there is). Being CH new drummer makes a ton of sense. Mick needs to be kept up in the lifestyle he's accustomed too.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
He seems to live a rather grandiose lifestyle and therefore "regularly" files for bankruptcy. Lindsey has kept him gainfully employed over the years when FM was on the back burner., and let him live in his driveway when he was in a bad way...Lindsey's health issues aside, I am pretty sure he's not calling up MF asking him to play on his next album, should there be one (am so hopeful there is). Being CH new drummer makes a ton of sense. Mick needs to be kept up in the lifestyle he's accustomed too.
Christine has bailed him out on plenty of occasions as well-- $100k here, $100k there.... One can feel pretty confident he's unlikely to have ever paid any of it back -- or even offered to (which Chris would probably have turned down, telling him no need to pay it back) but at least offering to pay it back would be the classy thing to do.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

But Mark Hart was the keyboardist ? Unless I'm mistaken the CH drummer still exists?
Old 08-26-2019, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
But Mark Hart was the keyboardist ? Unless I'm mistaken the CH drummer still exists?
I think they didn’t have a drummer for a while now.

Yeah Mitchell Froom will be the keyboardist in this new version.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-28-2019, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think they didn’t have a drummer for a while now.

Matt Sherrod is still very much the drummer and a member of the band, unless you've heard otherwise?