Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2024, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine's former home is now an event/retreat space

Check this out:
https://www.thequaives.com/
Old 01-29-2024, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice! They did something like that with the Oliviers’ stately home, Notley Abbey in Buckinghamshire. Apparently, there’s good money in such special event facilities.

Is this one pronounced CAVES, KWAVES, or KEEVES?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-29-2024, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I am so glad so many will get to experience all of its luxury. What a great way to start a new life than be married at the place Chris lived and mostly built (back).
Old 01-29-2024, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Nice! They did something like that with the Oliviers’ stately home, Notley Abbey in Buckinghamshire. Apparently, there’s good money in such special event facilities.

Is this one pronounced CAVES, KWAVES, or KEEVES?
Pretty sure it’s Kwaves

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-29-2024, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will be visiting the UK in the summer. I wonder what the cost of a nightly stay at Christine's former home is. I can imagine the price is astronomical.

It looks like Wickhambreaux is only 14 miles from the city of Margate. I wonder if, during her years of seclusion, Christine hung out in Margate often. Did she do her shopping there? I would love to know what her daily life was like while living in Wickhambreaux.

Are there any Brits on this message board?
Old 01-29-2024, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I wonder what the cost of a nightly stay at Christine's former home is. I can imagine the price is astronomical.
I propose we all pool our resources and host an inaugral Night of A Thousand Christines there. There'll be karaoke and non-stop C. McVie worship, and of course plenty of wine.

David can play us a medley of his interpretations of the late songbird's oeuvre, and if we all chip in we can fly Villavic in from Peru to give hourly readings of Chris-related passages from his Mick books.

Save the date!
Old 01-29-2024, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I propose we all pool our resources and host an inaugral Night of A Thousand Christines there. There'll be karaoke and non-stop C. McVie worship, and of course plenty of wine.

David can play us a medley of his interpretations of the late songbird's oeuvre, and if we all chip in we can fly Villavic in from Peru to give hourly readings of Chris-related passages from his Mick books.

Save the date!
This sounds like BIG FUN!!

I would love a first annual "Night of 1000 Christines" - complete with copious amounts of wine, cigarettes, and piano singalongs.

I would also fly in comedienne Sandra Bernhard to perform the live rendition of her Christine McVie Monologue complete with "Songbird" and Sloppy Toms for everyone.

"Hey Sandy, did I ever tell you about the time that Stevie almost put out my eye with one of the fringes from her shawl as she was twirling madly...?"

I have to get my outfit ready!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yH0Ft22t1E
Old 01-30-2024, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post

Save the date!
Count me in. I have dibs on Oh Daddy performing it in my cape and accordion.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I will be visiting the UK in the summer. I wonder what the cost of a nightly stay at Christine's former home is. I can imagine the price is astronomical.

It looks like Wickhambreaux is only 14 miles from the city of Margate. I wonder if, during her years of seclusion, Christine hung out in Margate often. Did she do her shopping there? I would love to know what her daily life was like while living in Wickhambreaux.

She may well have visited the seaside town of Margate that is going through a resurgence ….there is a Tate gallery, there.
But I think Canterbury with its 1400 year old Cathedral, is where she would visit.
Archbishop Thomas Becket was assassinated in the Cathedral by four knights acting on behalf of King Henry 2nd in 1170…
It is a very popular City to visit with the Pilgrims Way ending at Canterbury.

I would think it’s pronounced Kwaves

Last edited by sue; 01-30-2024 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: Adding
Old 01-30-2024, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Back in the day i think there was someone who posted here that they'd seen/approached Chris in a supermarket there...I think she was in the pasta sauce aisle lol. She got an autograph. People also saw her occasionally in the pub she frequented near her house...what the hell was the name, the Rose something? I wish we knew more of what she was up to in those days. I did get messages ages ago from someone who heard townsfolk talking in that pub about how Ed had moved out in early 2000. I guess people who lived there knew things from time to time about her life. There was obviously a period where she didn't get out much... and she said she didn't have any friends there. She only knew her brother and SIL. Very isolating.

--Lis
Old 01-30-2024, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, the local pub is called The Rose..it was mentioned in some of the articles detailing the sale of her estate.

I remember way back when those photos of Christine walking her dog in 2010 surfaced. It was like seeing a ghost from the past because nobody saw or heard of her since the press she did for In The Meantime in 2004.

Every time I play Steely Dan records I think of her because at some point in time, I think during the press interviews for In The Meantime, she mentioned she enjoyed cooking while jamming out to Steely Dan.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-30-2024 at 10:38 AM..
Old 01-30-2024, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I hope she didn’t visit too often….Margate is a complete sh!thole
Really not her kind of place.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-30-2024, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Yes, the local pub is called The Rose..it was mentioned in some of the articles detailing the sale of her estate.

I remember way back when those photos of Christine walking her dog in 2010 surfaced. It was like seeing a ghost from the past because nobody saw or heard of her since the press she did for In The Meantime in 2004.

Every time I play Steely Dan records I think of her because at some point in time, I think during the press interviews for In The Meantime, she mentioned she enjoyed cooking while jamming out to Steely Dan.
Thanks for the info...i remember those dog-walking pics, so many people didn't believe that was really her. weird. like she should walk around in stage clothes and make up with her hair done at every moment. people do age and dress comfortably in real life.

She loved Steely Dan. Gaucho was her favorite album by them.

--Lis
Old 01-30-2024, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Thanks for the info on Margate. We're doing a self-guided tour of the UK in the summer -- I'll cross Margate off the list of cities to stop in.
Old 01-31-2024, 03:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I think sh!thole is a bit strong …Margate in recent years has had a lot of public money spent on rejuvenating the town.
It has The Turner gallery (not Tate as I said earlier) ..
However I doubt Christine would have spent much time there..I agree.
Maybe call in for fish and chips and walk along the prom with them..lovely.