Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-01-2022, 06:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Statement from Lindsey:
Christine McVie’s sudden passing is profoundly heartbreaking. Not only were she and I part of the magical family of Fleetwood Mac, to me Christine was a musical comrade, a friend, a soul mate, a sister. For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey. Like I hadn’t JUST forgiven him for “she burned her bridges,” then he came up with fragile. It was frustrating because it wasn’t clear how he meant it, number one. And two, because whatever fragility she had he didn’t need to talk about it in the press. What a character.
Isn't it weird that they have him as a character on SNL?
Old 12-01-2022, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Statement from Lindsey:
Christine McVie’s sudden passing is profoundly heartbreaking. Not only were she and I part of the magical family of Fleetwood Mac, to me Christine was a musical comrade, a friend, a soul mate, a sister. For over four decades, we helped each other create a beautiful body of work and a lasting legacy that continues to resonate today. I feel very lucky to have known her. Though she will be deeply missed, her spirit will live on through that body of work and that legacy.
Beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 12-01-2022, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Although Chris was the eldest and it was showing, it sounds like this must have been something relatively sudden. It's a sad moment for us but I'm thankful she went swiftly.

You've got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
And it's so hard
The memory can't be erased

A sad time for John.
yes he is the one i am thinking about today. all the others have made their little statements, letters etc and John won't do that. I hope he is ok. I hope her brother and nephew gave him enough time to maybe even get there and be with her. I honestly never thought she would be the 1st to go, even though she was the oldest. i'm still so devastated.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I’m still trying to locate my feelings. I’m still in shock. I kid you not when I say I was just thinking the other night that she might leave us soon—and then quickly I covered it up with other thoughts.

The only song I wanted to listen to was “Only Over You”, the alternate version on the Mirage Deluxe. I did and heard her voice differently. Her plaintive ache, the elegiac tone of her voice, took on new meaning. If I’d heard the acoustic version of “Friend,” I would have lost it.

Like many of you, I have thought about her everyday for decades. What do we do with this absence?
I have to also say, I had a feeling for awhile now that something bad was going to happen. I finally got my fleetwood mac tattoo a few months ago and i told my boyfriend it's because i 'wanted to get it now while they're all still alive.'

I have lived my whole life adoring this band. this really is difficult to process.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:35 PM

Hi Lis, I actually thought about you and Marty yesterday. It's really been a long time.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hi Lis, I actually thought about you and Marty yesterday. It's really been a long time.
I know, it has been. It was weird, as soon as i found out, i texted marty. and he immediately told me he'd come to check out the ledge, and told me how to get on in case i wanted to post something. and now i am finding some comfort being here with people who also adored her. people who get it.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I have to also say, I had a feeling for awhile now that something bad was going to happen.
Yes, this year it has felt like that queasy lull as an inevitable storm builds in the distance.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have to also say, I had a feeling for awhile now that something bad was going to happen. I finally got my fleetwood mac tattoo a few months ago and i told my boyfriend it's because i 'wanted to get it now while they're all still alive.'

I have lived my whole life adoring this band. this really is difficult to process.
It’s so hard to process. For the past few months I’ve also had that same dreadful feeling that something like this was going to happen soon. I think it started when we lost Brett - he was a little younger than the Rumours 5 and it made me realize that they aren’t superhumans who are going to live forever.

I’m curious what tattoo you got. I’m thinking of getting one now in memory of Christine - probably one of the birds she drew in the Kiln House album art.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
It’s so hard to process. For the past few months I’ve also had that same dreadful feeling that something like this was going to happen soon. I think it started when we lost Brett - he was a little younger than the Rumours 5 and it made me realize that they aren’t superhumans who are going to live forever.

I’m curious what tattoo you got. I’m thinking of getting one now in memory of Christine - probably one of the birds she drew in the Kiln House album art.
I got a little penguin with a red scarf, standing over the letters FM . It's not too big. tomorrow i will see if I can figure out how to add a picture...

I love the Kiln House art idea.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not surprised that so many people are honoring and praising Christine. I'm surprised that people I admire and didn't know were fans of her were paying tribute to her as well.

As much as so many of us have rightfully taken shots at Mick over the years, I feel for him because I know he is hurting. Same goes for John, Lindsey and Stevie. Billy did so much work with her before he joined the band and I'm sure it's hit him hard too especially with the health scares that he's had.

She lived a full and wonderful life and gave us so much. I guess we all wouldn't be so sad if she didn't mean as much to us as she did.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Billy did so much work with her before he joined the band and I'm sure it's hit him hard too especially with the health scares that he's had.
Yesterday afternoon, Billy was posting pics of Stevie, as he always does, and I asked him if he even knew that Christine had passed away. I guess he didn't. A couple hours later he posted about Christine.
Old 12-02-2022, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, it has been. It was weird, as soon as i found out, i texted marty. and he immediately told me he'd come to check out the ledge, and told me how to get on in case i wanted to post something. and now i am finding some comfort being here with people who also adored her. people who get it.
I’m feeling that, too. Here more than anywhere else are people who understand my shock and grief. Thank god for this community. Without it, I’d feel alone right now.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I’m feeling that, too. Here more than anywhere else are people who understand my shock and grief. Thank god for this community. Without it, I’d feel alone right now.
You are definitely, "Not alone" my dear friend. And looking at the world reaction(s). It's been so appropriate.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She was a trailblazer for women in rock by her actions not her theatrics.
An excellent way to describe her contributions.