User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well.... first off, neither Lindsey nor Stevie was even in Fleetwood Mac in 1968, or even close to it. They joined in 1975. So no one in the band (ie, not Mick, not Christine, not John) had any problems with Lindsey going back to 1968. Only Stevie knew him as far back as 1968, so if there was toxicity, it was between HER and HIM, not the BAND. So, again, this supports that the person with a problematic relationship with Lindsey is Stevie, NOT "the band".

At any point in her relationship with Lindsey, Stevie could have walked away. There are interviews with her going back to the early days of FM in which she says that although her relationship with him had issues, she CHOSE to stay in it because they were professionally a duo, had made an album, and were in the process of making a second album as a duo. She has flat out stated for decades of interviews that her desire for success overrode her personal issues with him. This continued after they joined FM. She has stated hundreds of times that she decided that SHE would "not be the one who broke up this band" by leaving. Whether she was hoping HE would eventually leave, who knows. Ironically, that is exactly what happened. He left and she stayed back in the late 80s.... and the band was NOT nearly as successful and when he was in it.

Whatever their personal issues, she continued throughout all of her career to send him her songwriting demos and ask him for feedback. Tom Petty even stated that Lindsey remained her "best producer" and told how he (Tom) would struggle to figure out what to do with some of Stevie's song demos and then she would ask Lindsey and Lindsey would say "oh do x, y, z" and Tom would hear Lindsey's ideas and think "omg, he's right, I would never have thought of that". She did it most recently (that we know of) on Soldier's Angel when she got stuck working on it with Dave and couldn't make it what she wanted it to be and called Lindsey to bail her out-- which he did, that a$$hole.

Her comment about 1968 she made after he said publicly he had no idea what her problem was with him. He also basically publicly called her Norma Desmond.... which seems to have been the final trigger which led her to say that she was tired of working with him for reasons going all the way back to 1968. The question is, WHY would she have continued working with him and all that "toxicity" until MusicCares (2018)... a full FIFTY YEARS?? Clearly, MONEY. All that Fleetwood Mac tour revenue, royalties, etc. She wasn't the star she is now for all that time.... go look at where she was and the venues SHE was playing in the late 80s and into the 90s. She was not raking it in before she got that reboot from The Dance. ka-ching ka-ching.

She was willing to keep working with him when it was financially worth it. Once she did that solo tour with The Pretenders, which she has stated herself put her into "a whole other category" she realized she could make just as much money out touring solo as with FM, and she had all the leverage she needed to push him out.
Right, and she threatened him with an autobiography.

Why hold hands, kiss, sing at, or hug in front of 15,000 concertgoers for 80 shows each tour with an "abusive" person for all that time? Did the fans really buy a ticket to watch hand holding or to get a rock show.

She's also said that the love they show on stage is real but once they leave the stage it's done and over. "We get the privilege of having our love affair every night"
Old 11-09-2022, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I dont think it was that early premeditated. She was never happy with Lindsey but Chris coming back changed the dynamic. They made an album without her and toured. Her jealousy destroyed the band. She may have put up with Lindsey's antics since the 70s but they went on without her and that was crossing the line.
Yeah, but it can't really be Fleetwood Mac with just one of the three singers. She effectively COULDN'T fire Lindsey until $he had Christine back.

But I agree, $he's not that smart.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, but it can't really be Fleetwood Mac with just one of the three singers. She effectively COULDN'T fire Lindsey until $he had Christine back.

But I agree, $he's not that smart.
But Irving is.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But Irving is.
"He may be Satan, but he's our Satan".

Don Henley, referring to Irving.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He also basically publicly called her Norma Desmond.... which seems to have been the final trigger which led her to say that she was tired of working with him for reasons going all the way back to 1968. .
Interesting. When did he say that? I was looking for that quote but didn't find anything. Found some related comments related, from anonymous fans, but nothing about Lindsey explicitly saying that.
Old 11-10-2022, 08:32 AM

Quote:

That pretty much sums it up.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

You held her prisoner for all those years.
Frontline baby!
Old 11-10-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
You held her prisoner for all those years.
Frontline baby!
It will be different, when she gets back.
Old 11-10-2022, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It will be different, when she gets back.
For Scarlett
Old 11-10-2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
For Scarlett
And Sandy Stewart
Old 11-10-2022, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Interesting. When did he say that? I was looking for that quote but didn't find anything. Found some related comments related, from anonymous fans, but nothing about Lindsey explicitly saying that.
No, he did not use those exact words..... :O

He said in several interviews after his firing that she was alone and lonely and only had her paid staff around her.

That is the story of Norma Desmond. It was a metaphor.
Old 11-10-2022, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He said in several interviews after his firing that she was alone and lonely and only had her paid staff around her.
She said the above, except the paid staff part, in her MusiCares speech too. It's on YouTube
Old 11-10-2022, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, he did not use those exact words..... :O

That is the story of Norma Desmond. It was a metaphor.
Oh ok.
For one second I imagined she said "I am big. It's the records that got small"

Old 11-10-2022, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As I've asked others before, can you post pics of your shrine? Because you're not a FLEETWOOD MAC fan. You drink the Kool-Aid. Good luck!
Homer, do you consider yourself a fan of Fleetwood Mac?
Old 11-10-2022, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Oh ok.
For one second I imagined she said "I am big. It's the records that got small"

She did.

Right after she said she was ready for her solo.