User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I think if she really, really thought she wanted to do it (and could get them to give her at least 50% of the money -- seriously) she *might* do it... and I think azoff would probably back her on that... recall he said he was 100% aligned with Stevie and always had been. (Which is why I never, ever, ever understood why LB made him his manager.) But that's just playing "what if". It won't go. Not after the response she issued to his comments, where she tiptoed right up to the line of revealing the dirty laundry she'd publicly glossed over for years (her bit about since 1968 and multiple specific incidents)...
$he would probably do it, IF $he could get 50%. JUST. FOR. SPITE. And dictate that the rest split the other 50% equally.

Can you imagine how $he'd stick it to Lindsey? "So how does that 12.5% feel, Lindsey?"

And the saddest part is, he'd probably do it for 12.5%. He's given up his manhood, as far as FM is concerned.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I'm sitting this one out and waiting for the 2027 50th anniversary tour
Old 08-26-2022, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they should …(whether they will is a different matter.).
Play 2 big farewell concerts ..out of respect for their music and their huge legacy.

As far as Mick goes, he’ll earn some readies.
Lindsey can hold onto their place in music history. And close the circle..
Chris and John can get together on a stage one last time.
And Stevie can wear something other than black….. and can sing some of her fabulous songs with her backing group that made them ..
Old 08-26-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Obviously, never say never with Fleetwood Mac, but I seriously doubt Lindsey will be back. Christine and Mick might want it, but I think Lindsey burned his bridges with Stevie and Irving. After that interview, I can’t see there being any realistic chance of him coming back.
Stop back pedaling. You've been around long enough to know these people are toxic, dis-functional and love MONEY AND FAME. That "never say Never" is what they live for.

Even if none of them can sing, they'll find a way. Incidentally, I was listening to Stevie's current live songs and wow, so bad.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Stop back pedaling. You've been around long enough to know these people are toxic, dis-functional and love MONEY AND FAME. That "never say Never" is what they live for.

Even if none of them can sing, they'll find a way. Incidentally, I was listening to Stevie's current live songs and wow, so bad.
She's sounded like that for awhile now. IMHO she's actually doing pretty good for her age but I fear age is going to change things for her shortly. Jon Bon Jovi and Don Dokken literally cant tour anymore because they cant sing period anymore. Bon Jovi pipes in lead vocals to save Jon and boy is he rough otherwise. I give Stevie props for never piping in vocals (at least no one has ever alleged that). Her concerts are 100% live which is a very rare thing these days.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She's sounded like that for awhile now. IMHO she's actually doing pretty good for her age but I fear age is going to change things for her shortly. Jon Bon Jovi and Don Dokken literally cant tour anymore because they cant sing period anymore. Bon Jovi pipes in lead vocals to save Jon and boy is he rough otherwise. I give Stevie props for never piping in vocals (at least no one has ever alleged that). Her concerts are 100% live which is a very rare thing these days.
I am friends with a goat lover and even she cringed at the show. And she's fought me for saying goat isn't the second coming. Maybe goat should sweeten the sound. Plus, she (friend) said the set list was the same ole' same ole... And to make it worse, she added Crying the show after.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-26-2022 at 10:41 AM..
Old 08-26-2022, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sitting this one out and waiting for the 2027 50th anniversary tour
Whose funeral will you be attending before then? You seem to think they're going to live forever....
Old 08-26-2022, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Whose funeral will you be attending before then? You seem to think they're going to live forever....
Thunder.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz only happens....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz when zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz it's rainin
Old 08-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It won't go. Not after the response she issued to his comments, where she tiptoed right up to the line of revealing the dirty laundry she'd publicly glossed over for years (her bit about since 1968 and multiple specific incidents)...
The question there though is, is there really dirty laundry that hasn't been put outside already?

What would sink Lindsey is if she said he was a beater in her most recent years working with him.
I think all she has on him is he probably told her her writing sucks, which everybody can see in Destiny Rules.
Old 08-26-2022, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I keep forgetting people from the Midwest don't have much of a sense of humor. That's what we call a joke
Old 08-26-2022, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I keep forgetting people from the Midwest don't have much of a sense of humor. That's what we call a joke
I have a fantastic sense of humor. You'll see, when I post your nude selfies!
Old 08-26-2022, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
At this point, just bill it as “Stevie Nicks featuring Mick Fleetwood” and leave the McVies alone.
I am choking from laughing so hard, primarily because it's true. I can't believe I am saying this, and I have thought about it in forever but this thread has made the wheels start spinning. I actually could envision a scenario where Stevie caves here. Whether she likes it or not, of all the younger generation artists she hitches her wagon to, the only one who is really out there on a global scale is Harry. She's doing the insufferable Vanessa Carlton ( I am sorry but she is TERRIBLE) a favor by letting her open for Stevie. And Haim--they are pretty niche. Chris Isaak? I like him, but not sure what he's up to. Harry is out there on his own, has a dueling residency at MSG with Billy Joel. He doesn't need Stevie--but she may need him to stay relevant, Unless of course the Rhiannon musical/movie/miniseries is really coming. I know Lindsey is the one always talking about their legacy, but I do think it matters to Stevie too. She just has a bigger platform......right now. She and Lindsey probably have more money than the rest of them, so it's not a money thing. It's a legacy and ego thing for her. And won't she love to be the bigger person and let Lindsey back after firing herself! Azoff would totally cave. He's a money grubbing w---e second only to Mick "the barista" Fleetwood. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 of them sleep in beds made of benjamins. And an FM tour--the final farewell with the rumours 5 would probably take in more money than the Classic East and West.
All this said, I think the chances are low--Christine, gotta love her, sounds awful and John--I don't think he cares! God bless him. If it were to happen, probably a bunch of stadium tours in US and Europe and they fade away.
Until then, I will be seeing Lindsey at the Paramount and trying to figure out where to see Stevie.
Old 08-26-2022, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Assuming they get over it and reunite. It would be for spring 2023. Not before, I suppose. Even if it was in the first quarter, those guys... already 70+... and those voices, I don't expect it to be a great show.

Well the Stones are on tour, and I saw some Paris videos, it was great, so everything is possible for Fleetwood Mac even at that age, but I really don't think I would enjoy it. I didn't like those voices in their latest gigs. Plus all the ugly drama we saw in 2018... Again together? Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have a fantastic sense of humor. You'll see, when I post your nude selfies!
If I have a choice, I would suggest the ones with the streamers on the tambourine if you can edit out the tape.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree that Christine and Stevie sound bad. Lindsey sounds better, but nothing like he used to.

But here’s the thing- when I saw FM in 2018 or whenever it was, and Isn’t It Midnight came on, I didn’t give a f*** that Christine’s voice was shot! It was awesome hearing one of my favorite songs live. So yeah, their voices are shot and you know what? I don’t care and I would see them again anyway, knowing this would have to be the last time I’d have the chance.