The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 09-14-2022, 11:42 AM
jmn3 jmn3 is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, Karen tells her she's a queen.
Well even Lindsey referred to her as the queen in Swan Song though I dont think it was meant very complimentary lol
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 09-15-2022, 01:13 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Well even Lindsey referred to her as the queen in Swan Song though I dont think it was meant very complimentary lol
He probably smirked after saying it, as well.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 09-20-2022, 10:52 AM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
. Remember she cuts verses from songs to give her more time to shake her head during Gold Dust Woman.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 09-20-2022, 02:44 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He probably smirked after saying it, as well.
He shouldve waltzed. No issues there.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 09-20-2022, 06:24 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
He shouldve waltzed. No issues there.
Apparently waltzing is acceptable. Smirking is not. Noted.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 09-20-2022, 08:05 PM
mikemono411 mikemono411 is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Was at the Mansfield show last night. I forgot how horrendously disorganized that venue is. Stevie put on a great show as usual, but I was in the car for two hours just waiting to get into the venue, missed Carlton's set, and "Outside the Rain." Stevie also came on a half hour earlier than usual, and cut the two 'In Your Dreams' songs because of the impending storm it seems. Her rendition of "For What its Worth" was great, and she seemed to really be enjoying herself, even saying she should "run for queen" at the end of the show LOL
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 09-20-2022, 09:15 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemono411 View Post
Was at the Mansfield show last night. I forgot how horrendously disorganized that venue is. Stevie put on a great show as usual, but I was in the car for two hours just waiting to get into the venue, missed Carlton's set, and "Outside the Rain." Stevie also came on a half hour earlier than usual, and cut the two 'In Your Dreams' songs because of the impending storm it seems. Her rendition of "For What its Worth" was great, and she seemed to really be enjoying herself, even saying she should "run for queen" at the end of the show LOL
Oh no, sorry you couldn't get in for Stevie's first song! So Landslide was the only ballad she sang at the show?
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 09-21-2022, 12:05 PM
mikemono411 mikemono411 is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Oh no, sorry you couldn't get in for Stevie's first song! So Landslide was the only ballad she sang at the show?
Indeed it was
I live just 20 minutes from Asbury Park and didn't want to go to a festival because of the crowd and Stevie's tendency to play shorter sets at festivals. Definitely should have just braved it instead of driving 5 hours to Massachusetts and then waiting in line to get in the venue for 2 hours in the car
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 09-21-2022, 12:44 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemono411 View Post
Indeed it was
I live just 20 minutes from Asbury Park and didn't want to go to a festival because of the crowd and Stevie's tendency to play shorter sets at festivals. Definitely should have just braved it instead of driving 5 hours to Massachusetts and then waiting in line to get in the venue for 2 hours in the car
That's happened to me before, too. Uhhh, and why they would start early when they see all these people still coming in???

Glad you enjoyed what you saw.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 09-21-2022, 02:03 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemono411 View Post
Indeed it was
I live just 20 minutes from Asbury Park and didn't want to go to a festival because of the crowd and Stevie's tendency to play shorter sets at festivals. Definitely should have just braved it instead of driving 5 hours to Massachusetts and then waiting in line to get in the venue for 2 hours in the car
Oh. Maybe you can see her this weekend in Bridgeport, Connecticut if that's a fair drive for you. I think that's a small festival, not as big as Asbury Park or Jazz Festival.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 09-27-2022, 11:51 AM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,842
Default

Love the twirls in Rhiannon and again more of them at the end of the song. And I love at the very end when she says: :"Halloween is coming," in a witchy voice.


Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 09-27-2022, 12:55 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Love the twirls in Rhiannon and again more of them at the end of the song. And I love at the very end when she says: :"Halloween is coming," in a witchy voice.
Nice vocal too. I like the quick twirl right before "Dreams Unwind"

Is she wearing a sheet? Those are not chiffon sleeves.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 09-27-2022, 01:37 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,570
Default

Is that Marilyn Martin back there? I love seeing Marilyn back onstage with Stevie! It’s been a long, long trail a–winding.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 09-27-2022, 05:24 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Is that Marilyn Martin back there? I love seeing Marilyn back onstage with Stevie! It’s been a long, long trail a–winding.
Yes its her. She also did the very long 24K Gold tour with Stevie in 2016 and 2017
I first saw her when she was in Joe Walsh's band in 1983. She can definitely sing but her backing vocals were too loud and did not quite fit with Joe's music IMHO of course
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 09-27-2022, 07:02 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes its her. She also did the very long 24K Gold tour with Stevie in 2016 and 2017
I first saw her when she was in Joe Walsh's band in 1983. She can definitely sing but her backing vocals were too loud and did not quite fit with Joe's music IMHO of course
The first time I saw her with Stevie (and Joe) was at Irvine Meadows in September 1983. She had a really powerful voice on If Anyone Falls there and at the LA Forum the next week. She is tiny, like a little sprite. I hear that Caroline Brooks sang on the earlier tour legs, before Stevie reached California.

At the big sold-out Forum show, Nicks grabbed a stuffed animal on the stage and propped it on Marilyns shoulder and neck. All sorts of fun stuff happened that night, and things got even more fun at the underground Supper Club beneath the arena.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Billy Burnette - Gimme You - 1981 USA Orig. Lyrics - Columbia picture

Billy Burnette - Gimme You - 1981 USA Orig. Lyrics - Columbia

$3.82



$5 BUY 5 LP GET  VG+ OR BETTER BUILD CREATE YOUR OWN VINYL RECORD LOT picture

$5 BUY 5 LP GET VG+ OR BETTER BUILD CREATE YOUR OWN VINYL RECORD LOT

$5.00



Burnette, Billy : Are You With Me Baby CD picture

Burnette, Billy : Are You With Me Baby CD

$5.98



Billy Burnette - Coming home (1992/93) - Billy Burnette CD A3VG The Cheap Fast picture

Billy Burnette - Coming home (1992/93) - Billy Burnette CD A3VG The Cheap Fast

$8.41



Billy Joe Burnette ‎– Welcome Home, Elvis Vinyl, LP 1977 Gusto NEW SEALED picture

Billy Joe Burnette ‎– Welcome Home, Elvis Vinyl, LP 1977 Gusto NEW SEALED

$15.00




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved