User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2022, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Thoughts?
Haha! I love when you guys do, "thoughts?"!!
Old 06-09-2022, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And Chris thought it safe to say Stevie couldn't play piano.
I think everyone knows that but $tevie.
Old 06-09-2022, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And Chris thought it safe to say Stevie couldn't play piano. Chris may get replaced by Sheryl Crow!
Or worse—Stevie and Neil will play a little duet on the piano on the next FM tour (minus John and Chris) called “Don’t Dream It’s Songbird.”
Old 06-10-2022, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think everyone knows that but $tevie.
I wish someone could take her back in time, to...say 1974, and show her what $he's become. $he's lost all touch with reality. Crazy as a loon.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree with her. It's been a couple decades since I've PLAYED while doing coke(I still play, but no longer with the coke guy!), but I always thought it made me better. Especially when you're doing it with a band mate(and in our case, keeping it from the other two band mates - giving each other that knowing wink during a song). god I miss those days!

AND....I definitely play better with a couple stiff drinks inside me. I used to play with a non drinking drummer, and he'd always say, "Man, I gotta tell you, most people only THINK they play better with a few drinks, but you really do play better!"

Don't judge......
Cocaine is a stimulant and releases tons of dopamine in the brain. It makes the body more alert and sensitive to its senses. Multiple studies have shown cocaine makes people perform better and even drive better. Playing keyboards would be no different. Even Don Henley said during the peak of the Eagles success they believed cocaine was one of the reasons for their success because it extended their creativity.
Having said that cocaine is the devils drug. Its never satisfying and as soon as you take a bump you are already planning your next bump and its an endless cycle. When abused it takes over completely. Studies have shown that when given to monkeys, the monkey will eventually choose cocaine over food when given the choice. Then when all you think about is getting high destroys everything in your life.
Alcohol on the other hand gives the body fake or false impressions. People think they do things better like driving, etc and every study shows alcohol impacts all bodily functions. But when used with cocaine, it brings the body down from being too high. Long story short, its not surprising Chris would say cocaine and champagne made her play better. There is some truth to that.
What I got a kick out of was how she rationalized her and Stevie's intake compared to the guys. Everyone knows Stevie and Mick were the biggest partiers. Chris made me laugh when she said her and Stevie "only" did spoons while the guys had their stuff in Heineken beer caps on stage. The spoon may contain a little less coke but how often are you using the spoon? The guys may have used the beer cap the entire show yet Stevie ran back stage and did 10 spoons

In my party days I loved coke and white wine. The coke made you too wired and a nice glass of wine calmed you while making it more intense. In those days I could spin on the dance floor better than any Stevie. And just like Stevie, I left the dance floor after every song to head to the bathroom

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-10-2022 at 07:05 AM..
Old 06-10-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

In my party days I loved coke and white wine. The coke made you too wired and a nice glass of wine calmed you while making it more intense. In those days I could spin on the dance floor better than any Stevie. And just like Stevie, I left the dance floor after every song to head to the bathroom
This explains a lot about you, now.
Old 06-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Cocaine is a stimulant and releases tons of dopamine in the brain. It makes the body more alert and sensitive to its senses. Multiple studies have shown cocaine makes people perform better and even drive better. Playing keyboards would be no different. Even Don Henley said during the peak of the Eagles success they believed cocaine was one of the reasons for their success because it extended their creativity.
Having said that cocaine is the devils drug. Its never satisfying and as soon as you take a bump you are already planning your next bump and its an endless cycle. When abused it takes over completely. Studies have shown that when given to monkeys, the monkey will eventually choose cocaine over food when given the choice. Then when all you think about is getting high destroys everything in your life.
Alcohol on the other hand gives the body fake or false impressions. People think they do things better like driving, etc and every study shows alcohol impacts all bodily functions. But when used with cocaine, it brings the body down from being too high. Long story short, its not surprising Chris would say cocaine and champagne made her play better. There is some truth to that.
What I got a kick out of was how she rationalized her and Stevie's intake compared to the guys. Everyone knows Stevie and Mick were the biggest partiers. Chris made me laugh when she said her and Stevie "only" did spoons while the guys had their stuff in Heineken beer caps on stage. The spoon may contain a little less coke but how often are you using the spoon? The guys may have used the beer cap the entire show yet Stevie ran back stage and did 10 spoons

Fascinating. You just explained my favorite two things. For me, I've never had a coke problem, because I'm CHEAP. I'm glad it costs as much as it does. Having a friend with a coke problem would be my only problem. Fortunately I only bump(pun) into that friend about once a month(if that).

Coke and red wine here. Actually, any booze, but red wine is my favorite. The drier the better. So dry, it's like a punch in the face.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fascinating. You just explained my favorite two things. For me, I've never had a coke problem, because I'm CHEAP. I'm glad it costs as much as it does. Having a friend with a coke problem would be my only problem. Fortunately I only bump(pun) into that friend about once a month(if that).

Coke and red wine here. Actually, any booze, but red wine is my favorite. The drier the better. So dry, it's like a punch in the face.
Me, You, and Chris should hang out sometime. I don't do it anymore but we each loved the feel of fermented grapes and other stuff.
I love the story of Chris telling when she owned a house in the Hollywood Hills in 1978 and her backyard and a pool over looking the valley. They had parties and blasted the new Steely Dan album. I think this is the one with "Colombian Gold" in it. She said her music would echo through the canyon. OMG, I want to be at this party!!!!!

Never had a problem with it but there was a time in my life when it was fun. But soon that turns into staying up all night and ruining the day. I never wanted to become "My third day up....his second nighter" kind of person. I was young and dumb but had fun
High in my life
obsessive was my love
worth it was my time
you are fading out

Have fun, tell the world!
Old 06-10-2022, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Me, You, and Chris should hang out sometime. I don't do it anymore but we each loved the feel of fermented grapes and other stuff.
I love the story of Chris telling when she owned a house in the Hollywood Hills in 1978 and her backyard and a pool over looking the valley. They had parties and blasted the new Steely Dan album. I think this is the one with "Colombian Gold" in it. She said her music would echo through the canyon. OMG, I want to be at this party!!!!!

Never had a problem with it but there was a time in my life when it was fun. But soon that turns into staying up all night and ruining the day. I never wanted to become "My third day up....his second nighter" kind of person. I was young and dumb but had fun
High in my life
obsessive was my love
worth it was my time
you are fading out

I'd give anything to be at that party in the HH.

I never wanted to be that guy, either. Worst one ever....I was 22 or so, playing with my band, with "the other guy", and he invited me to a party after our show. There were probably 20 people there, with a dozen trays of blow making the rounds. I mean, you could literally do a line every 5 minutes, all night long, if you wanted to. Well, it had become around 10AM, and I literally felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest. I was shaking. It was time to go home! I had about an hour drive home, and halfway there, I look in the mirror, and I had these huge coke rings around both of my nostrils! But that was the hardest I ever hit it. And realized that that was too much!

Know what I really have zero desire to ever do again? Trip. I've been offered several times in the past few years, and I just have no desire to do that stuff anymore. Because it lasts TOO LONG. It's the SYW of drugs. If they could invent a 2 hour experience, I might be down with it. But there are too many Silver Girls in that 8 hour experience.
Old 06-10-2022, 01:58 PM

Quote:

It was Steely Dan's Gaucho, and I believe it was actor Tony Newly's house before she purchased the home. It had horned speakers out by the pool and the set up in the Den.

And I want to come to the party, too.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It was Steely Dan's Gaucho, and I believe it was actor Tony Newly's house before she purchased the home. It had horned speakers out by the pool and the set up in the Den.

And I want to come to the party, too.
You are invited. Just bring your top hat and scarf
Old 06-10-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
You are invited. Just bring your top hat and scarf
I'll bring a cup of sugar from Beach Boy's mother Audrey. Oh wait, that was her other house.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

In the end, didn’t Mick, Stevie and Chris all end up with holes in their noses of various size? You may only do a tiny spoon but it adds up.
Old 06-11-2022, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafield View Post
In the end, didn’t Mick, Stevie and Chris all end up with holes in their noses of various size? You may only do a tiny spoon but it adds up.
I believe $tevie was the only one who was ever told, "stop this or you're going to die".
Old 06-11-2022, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I believe $tevie was the only one who was ever told, "stop this or you're going to die".
Not only that but it took over her life. She was a big star but did not care about the quality of the product she was putting out. Besides spending a million on coke (that was her quote from People 1998), she also wasted so much money renting recording studios that she never showed up in, paying people to wait all day when she would show up late at night, could not show up for recording a video, ditched her own tour rehearsals to party with Tom in Australia, etc. It controlled her life in a way that the only thing that mattered was getting high. Everything else including her career did not matter.
When she released that video package many years ago she commented on her videos and it was painful for her to watch because she saw herself high. She said something like "why could I not lay off the coke and tequila for a few days before shooting this video" IMHO the only video she looks high in is I Cant Wait but she knows the story behind each video. But the worst part of all this is during the 1980s when concert videos sold and her 1981 solo concert was a HBO smash and sold in stores, her Wild Heart show professionally shot was scrapped. She looked too high. Her RAL show she looked so bad she had to reshoot close ups. Most rock stars who had drug addictions did not let it affect their stage performances but Stevie could not. Didn't Tom Petty who eventually died of a drug overdose say that he was just waiting for the call that she was going to die on the road and it would not surprise him. In late 1985 when RAL was released, Stevie was hanging out with the Wilson sisters on Heart's tour in AZ and CA. One of the Wilson sisters wrote in a book that they too indulged in lots of coke in the mid 80s. Stevie took them to her AZ house and they partied. They were seasoned rockers and partiers but were in shock how much Stevie could partake.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-11-2022 at 03:14 AM..