The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-10-2022, 11:34 AM
bwboy's Avatar
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,388
Default Songbird now on Amazon

Amazon has Songbird available for order now- it will be released on June 24. Looks like the booklet has an interview with Christine. I imagine the first question will be “Who came up with these songs for a career retrospective?” LOL!

I’m going to buy it. I wasn’t a Judds fan, but Naomi’s death reminded me to appreciate any output Christine can put out at this point in her life.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 05-10-2022, 01:10 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,921
Default

https://www.amazon.com/Songbird-Solo...s%2C112&sr=8-1
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-10-2022, 01:10 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,921
Default

^^ There's the link if anyone wants it.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-10-2022, 01:12 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,921
Default

https://www.amazon.com/Songbird-Solo...s%2C110&sr=8-1


Sorry one for album, and one for CD.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-11-2022, 07:58 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,089
Default

I saw this the other day but I have not yet committed but will end up buying it. I love the booklet interview LOL

I love all her songs so you cant really go wrong although some of them would not be my choices. But sometimes its important to explore songs that are not your all time favorite.
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-11-2022, 09:07 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I saw this the other day but I have not yet committed but will end up buying it. I love the booklet interview LOL

I love all her songs so you cant really go wrong although some of them would not be my choices. But sometimes its important to explore songs that are not your all time favorite.
Same here. I wasn't about to set myself up for disappointment, so I look forward to these "remix" versions.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-11-2022, 01:30 PM
bwboy's Avatar
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I saw this the other day but I have not yet committed but will end up buying it. I love the booklet interview LOL

I love all her songs so you cant really go wrong although some of them would not be my choices. But sometimes its important to explore songs that are not your all time favorite.
I’m with you and jbrownsjr on this one, and I’ve decided to order my copy. This may sound weird, but Naomi Judd’s death has changed my perspective on performers, especially ones I grew up with. And I wasn’t even a fan of the Judds, but I am a fan of Christine, or at least her music, so I want to let Christine and her record company know I want to buy her record, and to keep the products rolling. Besides, I don’t even recognize most of the songs on the upcoming cd, so this will be like new material for me anyway.

And if Christine wanted to go on a small, intimate tour to support this album, I would go to it, even though she’s in her 70s and can’t sing anywhere like she used to. My comments can be squeezed in between comments by other people saying she should retire, that she shouldn’t tour anymore, etc LOL.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-11-2022, 01:51 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I’m with you and jbrownsjr on this one, and I’ve decided to order my copy. This may sound weird, but Naomi Judd’s death has changed my perspective on performers, especially ones I grew up with. And I wasn’t even a fan of the Judds, but I am a fan of Christine, or at least her music, so I want to let Christine and her record company know I want to buy her record, and to keep the products rolling. Besides, I don’t even recognize most of the songs on the upcoming cd, so this will be like new material for me anyway.

And if Christine wanted to go on a small, intimate tour to support this album, I would go to it, even though she’s in her 70s and can’t sing anywhere like she used to. My comments can be squeezed in between comments by other people saying she should retire, that she shouldn’t tour anymore, etc LOL.
A big pre-order list really promotes the album as it enters the charts high. Remember Buck/Vie debuted in the top 20 because of all the pre-orders
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-11-2022, 06:31 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
A big pre-order list really promotes the album as it enters the charts high. Remember Buck/Vie debuted in the top 20 because of all the pre-orders
Yep….I ordered mine!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-12-2022, 01:11 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,921
Default

I ordered 25,000 so it goes to #1. Then I'll return them.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-12-2022, 02:19 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I ordered 25,000 so it goes to #1. Then I'll return them.
$tevie does that for her own albums! You shtick stealer!
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-14-2022, 04:15 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$tevie does that for her own albums! You shtick stealer!
I think Celine Dion's last album went to #1 then it was the only album to fall off the chart after week 1. I had heard somewhere that all the promo stuff was returned and that pushed the sales to almost nothing.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-14-2022, 04:23 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think Celine Dion's last album went to #1 then it was the only album to fall off the chart after week 1. I had heard somewhere that all the promo stuff was returned and that pushed the sales to almost nothing.
Wow! And unlike $tevie, Celine can still sing, right?
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-14-2022, 04:58 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Wow! And unlike $tevie, Celine can still sing, right?
I believe so.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-14-2022, 08:50 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I believe so.
As always, I guess there's no accounting for taste.

Bah....Baaaaaaahhhhhhh.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Bekka Bramlett I Got News for You  (CD)  picture

Bekka Bramlett I Got News for You (CD)

$22.41



PAUL CRAFT brother jukebox Chris Wayne JOE WEST Blue Cowboy  BEKKA BRAMLETT CD picture

PAUL CRAFT brother jukebox Chris Wayne JOE WEST Blue Cowboy BEKKA BRAMLETT CD

$24.99



John Oates - Mississippi Mile CD - Mike Henderson, Bekka Bramlett, Sam Bush picture

John Oates - Mississippi Mile CD - Mike Henderson, Bekka Bramlett, Sam Bush

$7.30



I Got News For You -Bekka Bramlett CD Aus Stock NEW picture

I Got News For You -Bekka Bramlett CD Aus Stock NEW

$26.42



Music Through Heartsongs Songs Based Poems Mattie JT Stepanek by Billy Gilman CD picture

Music Through Heartsongs Songs Based Poems Mattie JT Stepanek by Billy Gilman CD

$4.19




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved