The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 03-29-2022, 12:44 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 12,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Picture it...…
A small intimate theater with Christine front and center with special guests who worked on her solo album play her hits.

OR
Special guest Stevie Nicks. Plays a much larger venue because of chiffon heads. The crowd goes wild when Stevie takes the stage and her performance gets the lion share of the applause. People throw stuffed animals and flowers on stage for Stevie. She does 3 songs with Chris on stage and leaves. Part of the audience bolts from the theater after Stevie's exit.

I prefer option 1.
cannot agree more. this is about Christine taking her name and her significance in FM back. not about handing it even more to someone else.

that said, maybe we should check with fans who were at Lindsey's Soundstage show. because Stevie was a special guest there, and that seems pretty obvious was because of Lindsey's insecurity as a solo act at the time, after almost 15 year gap of not doing anything solo. maybe Christine is just as insecure. however i really don't wish that for her for her possibly last ever event or tour.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-29-2022, 02:01 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i cannot believe you are advocating this while saying you care about Christine.
It was part of her history, like it, don't like it. But, having the guests that were there with her during her journey is appropriate in my opinion. Do I like what Stevie has turned into? Hell no, but she is a part of Christine's career. As is: Lindsey, Mick, John, Billy, Clapton, Winwood, Sharp, Ferone, etc etc. They should honor her by participating if she had a one off show.

Her Fleetwood Mac hits especially Lindsey and Stevie. I have no problem with any of them guesting for a one off. I didn't say they would tour with her.

And yes BBoy Billy would certainly be welcome in my "mind's eye fantasy."
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-29-2022, 02:15 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,089
Default

It may be part of her history but her presence would ruin the show. No one disputes she was part of a fantastic legacy. That has nothing to do with a potential solo concert by Chris. A solo concert by Christine McVie is the rarest bottle of wine in the world. Why would you want to eat McDonalds with it? Savor it. Let it be the entire focus to the last drop. This is not 1984. This is the end. Let Chris have her night.

To let Stevie suck all the oxygen out of such a treasure and rare show is nothing short of scandalous. I bet even Stevie would feel uncomfortable about it. Chris and Stevie never wrote songs or music together like Lindsey, Billy, Todd, etc. They did nothing creatively together. Stevie only provided a few back up vocals when they weren't editing her out of songs like Dont Stop, Think About Me and Hold Me
Let the creative ones share the stage. There is no room for cow bell in any of Chris's songs
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-29-2022 at 02:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-29-2022, 03:16 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It may be part of her history but her presence would ruin the show. No one disputes she was part of a fantastic legacy. That has nothing to do with a potential solo concert by Chris. A solo concert by Christine McVie is the rarest bottle of wine in the world. Why would you want to eat McDonalds with it? Savor it. Let it be the entire focus to the last drop. This is not 1984. This is the end. Let Chris have her night.

To let Stevie suck all the oxygen out of such a treasure and rare show is nothing short of scandalous. I bet even Stevie would feel uncomfortable about it. Chris and Stevie never wrote songs or music together like Lindsey, Billy, Todd, etc. They did nothing creatively together. Stevie only provided a few back up vocals when they weren't editing her out of songs like Dont Stop, Think About Me and Hold Me
Let the creative ones share the stage. There is no room for cow bell in any of Chris's songs
Again, I talking about special guests for one song. Cow bell could be used for So Excited.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-29-2022, 03:21 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,591
Default

Let her and Lindsey do BuckVie II.

F*ck FM. Let em stick the old goat where the sun don't shine...
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 03-29-2022, 03:36 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Let her and Lindsey do BuckVie II.

F*ck FM. Let em stick the old goat where the sun don't shine...
hahaha I've been waiting for you to get here!!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-29-2022, 03:40 PM
bwboy's Avatar
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It was part of her history, like it, don't like it. But, having the guests that were there with her during her journey is appropriate in my opinion. Do I like what Stevie has turned into? Hell no, but she is a part of Christine's career. As is: Lindsey, Mick, John, Billy, Clapton, Winwood, Sharp, Ferone, etc etc. They should honor her by participating if she had a one off show.

Her Fleetwood Mac hits especially Lindsey and Stevie. I have no problem with any of them guesting for a one off. I didn't say they would tour with her.

And yes BBoy Billy would certainly be welcome in my "mind's eye fantasy."
I see your point and agree with you. It sounds like a few folks think any sort of concert or event should be only what they want, and not necessarily what Christine or other folks want. I mean, I dislike Eric Clapton quite a bit, but in no way would I say he should not be in a tribute concert for Christine. I’m able to separate my feelings from the situation. No one person, not Stevie or Eric or Steve Winwood or anyone else is capable of sucking the air out of the room for any sort of event that would celebrate Christine McVie! And if you really think that’s the case, that says a lot about what you think of Christine’s music, and Christine herself.

BTW I love how I just got so wrapped up in this crazy scenario where I’m debating with people about a tribute concert that hasn’t even been scheduled LOL! But no one can take away from Christine’s talent, and her stage presence is endearing and I think seeing her interact with various guests would be incredible! I’ve decided I would absolutely see her in concert if she came within 4 hours, and hand on my Bible, if there were some sort of one night only tribute concert with her in England or Hawaii or California, I would probably go to it, and I wouldn’t give AF who was performing with her.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-29-2022, 03:58 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
hahaha I've been waiting for you to get here!!
I was out collecting tin cans for $tevie.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-29-2022, 04:41 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Let her and Lindsey do BuckVie II.

F*ck FM. Let em stick the old goat where the sun don't shine...
A-men brother
Even before Lindsey's firing, Stevie disrespected the Mac's legacy by making up fake reasons not to record with the group. Then she melted down they did it without her. People that want to hear Stand Back, you will get your chance at one of her solo shows. If Heaven and Earth meet and Chris does even 1 live show, please let her shine in her own glory.
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-29-2022, 04:42 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Again, I talking about special guests for one song. Cow bell could be used for So Excited.
So Excited has a complicated beat. I doubt she could do it.
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-29-2022, 04:59 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
A-men brother
Even before Lindsey's firing, Stevie disrespected the Mac's legacy by making up fake reasons not to record with the group. Then she melted down they did it without her. People that want to hear Stand Back, you will get your chance at one of her solo shows. If Heaven and Earth meet and Chris does even 1 live show, please let her shine in her own glory.
$he's the worst thing that ever happened to them. Especially once $he became A LEGEND(in her own tiny brain).
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 03-29-2022, 05:10 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 8,311
Default

Yay.

More Stevie bashing.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 03-29-2022, 05:43 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,591
Default

Yeah. We don't like her!
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-29-2022, 06:06 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 8,311
Default

It just sucks that we can’t get through a conversation like this without trashing Stevie or waxing poetic about LBCM. There can never just be a simple conversation about Christine. It always has to become some type of weird proxy debate in the Stevie-Lindsey feud. It’s exhausting.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 03-29-2022, 06:21 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It just sucks that we can’t get through a conversation like this without trashing Stevie or waxing poetic about LBCM. There can never just be a simple conversation about Christine. It always has to become some type of weird proxy debate in the Stevie-Lindsey feud. It’s exhausting.
Well, if we can side step Stevie bashing for a second.

1. What do you think this album/tour is going to be?

2. Wouldn't it be cool to do a tribute to a legend like Christine and have the special guests of her life join her for a song? (Thinking in the set up of PG Tribute)
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Billy Burnette – Billy Burnette - 1980 Columbia #NJC-36792 White Label Promo LP picture

Billy Burnette – Billy Burnette - 1980 Columbia #NJC-36792 White Label Promo LP

$9.99



$5 BUY 5 LP GET  VG+ OR BETTER BUILD CREATE YOUR OWN VINYL RECORD LOT picture

$5 BUY 5 LP GET VG+ OR BETTER BUILD CREATE YOUR OWN VINYL RECORD LOT

$5.00



Burnette, Billy : Are You With Me Baby CD picture

Burnette, Billy : Are You With Me Baby CD

$5.89



Billy Burnette - Gimme You - Columbia Records picture

Billy Burnette - Gimme You - Columbia Records

$3.59



BILLY BURNETTE - Gimme You (NFC 37460, Promo) - 12

BILLY BURNETTE - Gimme You (NFC 37460, Promo) - 12" Vinyl Record LP - EX

$11.02




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved