User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-04-2022, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL it is pretty darn catchy! I was torn between Lindsey Loons and Lindsey Loonies, but both are accurate.
I'm not a Lindsey Loon. He's not my favorite member. But I know right from wrong, and am not afraid to throw a flag on a play that was terribly wrong. Old Goat f*cked up and got him fired, and the band allowed it, out of greed $he's become a terrible person. And so have they.

Have Mitzo order you one of her Lindsey dart boards. Maybe you can start a league.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Respectfully bwboy, that's not a good reason and I don't believe that's true. Mike and Neil started rehearsing with the band in March of 2018. The tour started in Oct. 2018. It was possible to rerecord old songs including Second Hand News, Sara, and Oh Diane as well as even 2 new songs. Stevie probably didn't want to do it because it wouldn't "sell."
Thanks for the correction, I knew the tour started in October but I guess I’d forgotten or didn’t realize they started rehearsals in March. Yes, they definitely could have rerecorded classic songs during that time- the biggest advantage would have been exposing the audience ahead of time to the deeper cuts they ended up dropping, such as Hypnotized and Storms. I really wish they had kept those songs in the set for the whole tour.

In 2019, I saw Fleetwood Mac in the first week of November and Lindsey the night after Thanksgiving, and both concerts were unbelievable! Just fantastic! I would have seen Lindsey this tour except for Covid and he didn’t play anywhere near me this time, unfortunately.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the correction, I knew the tour started in October but I guess I’d forgotten or didn’t realize they started rehearsals in March. Yes, they definitely could have rerecorded classic songs during that time- the biggest advantage would have been exposing the audience ahead of time to the deeper cuts they ended up dropping, such as Hypnotized and Storms. I really wish they had kept those songs in the set for the whole tour.
I also think they figure the original recordings are perfect as they are. But, I would've liked a rerecording. I do think the album tracks you mentioned were on the 50 Years compilation that accompanied the tour. I know Man of the World, Black Magic, and Tell Me were on it.
Also, they would've had to do some adjustment to Stevie and Chris' voices in the rerecording!
Old 01-05-2022, 08:47 AM

Quote:
LOL my ticket said Fleetwood Mac for the 2019 tour.

Imagine a band with Christine McVie, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, and Stevie Nicks being called Fakewood Mac. Wonder what you call the touring lineup of Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Bekka Bramlett, Billy Burnette, and Dave Mason? Now there’s the REAL Fleetwood Mac right there LOL
Of course your ticket said Fleetwood Mac. You gotta sell that cover band!!

The other line-ups you speak of wrote and recorded music together. Just my stance. If Fakewood makes music, I'll reconsider my stance.

btw, Lindsey loon is awesome!! Was that really you, Mitzo?

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-05-2022 at 10:20 AM..
Old 01-05-2022, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I take full credit for first using the term "Lindsey Loons" here. I was really onto something.
Quote:
LOL it is pretty darn catchy! I was torn between Lindsey Loons and Lindsey Loonies, but both are accurate.
In an interview last year, Stevie called them, "Lindsey Trolls."
Old 01-05-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
In an interview last year, Stevie called them, "Lindsey Trolls."
Haha!! I love that too. But Lindsey Loons wins!!
Old 01-05-2022, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Haha!! I love that too. But Lindsey Loons wins!!
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/loon
loon noun (1)

\ ˈlün \
Definition of loon (Entry 1 of 2)
1: LOUT, IDLER
2chiefly Scotland : BOY
3a: a crazy person
b: SIMPLETON
loon noun (2)

Definition of loon (Entry 2 of 2)
: any of several large birds (genus Gavia of the family Gaviidae) of Holarctic regions that feed on fish by diving and have their legs placed far back under the body for optimal locomotion underwater

Noun (2)

Did you know?
There are a number of theories about the origin of loon as it refers to a crazy person, its most common current meaning. One is that it comes from loony, meaning "crazy." But based on currently available evidence, loony is a late 19th-century alteration of lunatic that didn't come into use until decades after the meaning of loon in question. (It's still possible that loony influenced the development and spread of this meaning of loon.) Another guess is that this loon is from the avian loon, inspired either by the bird's maniacal cry or its displays to distract predators, such as skittering over water with its neck crooked. This is certainly possible, and is the origin story favored by some. But the story our dictionaries favor is a bit more quotidian: the current use of loon developed from earlier uses, primarily in Scottish and other northern dialects of British English, of loon to refer to a lout (an awkward, brutish person) or idler (someone who is idle, lazy, or inactive). While that loon, which is from Middle English loun, never spread to British English more broadly, immigrants from the regions where it was used had a significant influence on American English, and it's not far-fetched to posit that their loon developed into the distinctly American use of the word to refer to daffy people.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-06-2022, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Or ..”loon pants”.. short for balloon pants.
In the early 70s they were an even wider version of bell bottoms..
Loved by hippies
(Often in velvet)…
Old 01-06-2022, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Or ..”loon pants”.. short for balloon pants.
In the early 70s they were an even wider version of bell bottoms..
Loved by hippies
(Often in velvet)…
Bell loon blues!