User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustWoman22 View Post
Stevie is not some ever popular icon like Mick Jagger, her career has had many highs and lows.
Bad example. She’s in the Hall twice. He’s only in once. Mick Jagger had some low points. His solo albums were forgettable.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-06-2020, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Bad example. She’s in the Hall twice. He’s only in once. Mick Jagger had some low points. His solo albums were forgettable.
Is the Hall truly representative of the diversity & talent of music? I think KISS posed that for contemplation.
Why is Cyndi Lauper not in? Why is Melissa not in? Why are Jon Landau & Irving Azoff being inducted over Diana Ross, Cher, & Tina Turner as individual solo artists?

The interesting thing about the music they played before Stevie's induction by Harry was that they played Rhiannon twice during the video package and Crying in the Night; I thought she was inducted for contributions separate from her Fleetwood Mac role. Rhiannon closed the video intro out too; it wasn't just a passing clip, it was a focus. It led me to wonder if the Hall took this seriously. Do they even know Rhiannon and Crying in the Night are songs from groups called Buckingham Nicks & Fleetwood Mac
Old 06-06-2020, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Is the Hall truly representative of the diversity & talent of music? I think KISS posed that for contemplation.
Why is Cyndi Lauper not in? Why is Melissa not in? Why are Jon Landau & Irving Azoff being inducted over Diana Ross, Cher, & Tina Turner as individual solo artists?

The interesting thing about the music they played before Stevie's induction by Harry was that they played Rhiannon twice during the video package and Crying in the Night; I thought she was inducted for contributions separate from her Fleetwood Mac role. Rhiannon closed the video intro out too; it wasn't just a passing clip, it was a focus. It led me to wonder if the Hall took this seriously. Do they even know Rhiannon and Crying in the Night are songs from groups called Buckingham Nicks & Fleetwood Mac
I have always had a mixed oppinion on her induction as a solo act. Her 80's albums were successful ( though each one after Bella Donna sold less copies then the previous LP) but her last "hit" was in 1989. Nothing she put out from 94- now had the amount of success her 80's LP's did. I feel like the FM brand has really helped her solo career even when the albums didn't sell (Exception being maybe the Street Angel Tour).

To me the RRHOF is a joke because their rationale behind who gets inducted and who doesn't and the x members of certain bands that are excluded are questionable. ( Why the hell is Bill Champlain and Jason Scheff not in as members of Chicago? They had hits with them in the 80's and had long tenures in the band)

I can't help but feel like her induction was a calculated move by Irving as like a big F- U to Lindsey and a way to justify his firing by proving she is the bigger star then him. Cyndi, Tina and Pat have either sold more albums, won Grammy's sold more concert tickets are icons in the gay comunity and have done numerous things to helo the LGBTQ community etc. WTH is the criteria to get in if those stats alone don't seem to be enough.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 06-06-2020 at 02:07 PM..
Old 06-06-2020, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Cyndi, Tina and Pat have either sold more albums, won Grammy's sold more concert tickets are icons in the gay comunity and have done numerous things to helo the LGBTQ community etc. WTH is the criteria to get in if those stats alone don't seem to be enough.
Cher too. Of course Madonna got in her first year of eligibility. Remember when Stevie slammed Madonna for kissing Brit & Christina at the VMAS: "I thought it was the most obnoxious moment in
television history" - Stevie. Wonder if she would say that in 2020? Hopefully her view has progressed and become the right one.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is induction into the rrhof really going to be the barometer for how much of an icon someone is?? Like someone else pointed out here, her albums continued to sell less after Bella Donna. Also, 2/3 of the hit songs from that album were bolstered by duets with male artists. Stevie is also not necessarily a worldwide phenom, she is mostly known in the US, Aus/NZ (the only time she toured EU as a solo artist was for OTSOTM), Mick Jagger indisputably is. Also, most people associate her as the face of FM, because they mainly associate her with FM besides maybe 4 songs.

I don't think anyone would dispute that the 24K tour was a huge success, but the fact is, Stevie was largely a cult favorite for a long time before the last decade. Her appearance on AHS, and definitely the success of OWTS, and popularity with younger people is what bolstered her recent surge in popularity. It happened in the 90s and it is happening again. We shall see how long it lasts this time...
Old 06-07-2020, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Is induction into the rrhof really going to be the barometer for how much of an icon someone is??
Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Stevie Nicks, all of the Beatles, David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, Neil Young, sure...

Neal Schon an Gregg Rolie…Meh.

Tina should have been the first woman inducted twice.

Quote:
Stevie is also not necessarily a worldwide phenom, she is mostly known in the US, Aus/NZ (the only time she toured EU as a solo artist was for OTSOTM), Mick Jagger indisputably is.
But only for one, albeit major, aspect of his career.

Quote:
Also, most people associate her as the face of FM, because they mainly associate her with FM besides maybe 4 songs.
The Chain, World Turning. W/ CM: SYLM, DS, Songbird, YMLF, LL, Everywhere, HM. W/ LB: ISA, SHN, GYOW, Tusk, BL. W/ NF: SHN, GYOW, DDIO, OW. Way more than four.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-07-2020, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Stevie Nicks, all of the Beatles, David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, Neil Young, sure...

But only for one, albeit major, aspect of his career.
Why didn't you have Joan Jett or Patti Smith in that list joining Stevie's name?

I never thought of Jagger as such a failure
Old 06-07-2020, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Why didn't you have Joan Jett or Patti Smith in that list joining Stevie's name?

I never thought of Jagger as such a failure
The people I listed with Stevie were inducted multiple times, Joan Hett and Patti Smith have only been inducted once.

Mick Jagger was only successful as a member of The Rolling Stones, save for that the duet of “Dancing In The Streets” with Bowie.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-07-2020, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The people I listed with Stevie were inducted multiple times, Joan Hett and Patti Smith have only been inducted once.

Mick Jagger was only successful as a member of The Rolling Stones, save for that the duet of “Dancing In The Streets” with Bowie.
Oh, then do add Rod Stewart - Stevie's esteemed duet partner for Leather & Lace, Passion & Young Turks!
Old 07-29-2020, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Somewhat off the subject but although only the members of the megabuck lineups of Fleetwood Mac have been inducted for their work with the group, Dave Mason and Mike Campbell are both in there for their work with other bands (Traffic and the Heartbreakers respectively).
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The Chain, World Turning. W/ CM: SYLM, DS, Songbird, YMLF, LL, Everywhere, HM. W/ LB: ISA, SHN, GYOW, Tusk, BL. W/ NF: SHN, GYOW, DDIO, OW. Way more than four.
I apologize about the poor wording on my part. I meant for the most part, besides 4 songs from her solo career (L&L, EO17, SDMHA, and SB) she is mostly known for her witchy image and her FM songs. Like they said above, even in her induction video they used Rhiannon and FM/BN footage as a focal point. Most people associate her with FM.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:59 PM
UnwindedDreams
This message has been deleted by UnwindedDreams.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I apologize about the poor wording on my part. I meant for the most part, besides 4 songs from her solo career (L&L, EO17, SDMHA, and SB) she is mostly known for her witchy image and her FM songs. Like they said above, even in her induction video they used Rhiannon and FM/BN footage as a focal point. Most people associate her with FM.
Got it. Although, I still randomly hear TTM and ICW, too.

I still think it’s funny that her first three solo albums had Top 5 hits, but she couldn’t crack the Top 10 when she got back with Fleetwood Mac on “Mirage” and TITN.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-19-2020, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I still think it’s funny that her first three solo albums had Top 5 hits, but she couldn’t crack the Top 10 when she got back with Fleetwood Mac on “Mirage” and TITN.
Stevie wrote only one of those top 5 hits ("Stand Back"). Except as co-writers, FM didn't use outside songwriters.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Stevie wrote only one of those top 5 hits ("Stand Back"). Except as co-writers, FM didn't use outside songwriters.
Cough...cough...cough...Blue Letter...cough...cough...cough.

THE Stephen Hopkins