User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2021, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Thumbs down Pat Benatar snubbed again

The RRHOF is a complete joke. I only one one Benatar CD but Pat was a trailblazer in rock let alone her commercial success. Her accomplishments are so vast. She should have been there before Stevie.

I know this is a little old, just been meaning to post for awhile. The Hall has no credibility. Every time the Go Gos are mentioned, its brought up they were the first female band to write all their music and play it. Total joke because they induct artists all the time like Janet Jackson who does not write music nor write her own songs. She lip syncs so she refused to perform at the ceremony years ago because she knows she would be flamed. But that is what she has done her entire career. So why do they suddenly only care about artists writing music? Nothing against the Go Gos but they had one successful first album. The second one had one hit and the third one did so bad they ended the band. Seriously people.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/enterta...c-566b38516543

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-21-2021 at 07:06 AM..
Old 05-21-2021, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Janet does write songs. Do you think Madonna and Cher(Sonny and Cher) shouldn't be in?
Old 05-21-2021, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Janet does write songs. Do you think Madonna and Cher(Sonny and Cher) shouldn't be in?
I don't want to get into a long back and forth who should be in and who should be out. I am saying Pat checks all the boxes yet gets snubbed every year. When I read and hear the reasons others are selected, its very contradictory and inconsistent.

I will say, I wish the Hall stuck to rock acts since its called the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame but that ship sailed long ago. They accept all acts
Old 05-21-2021, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't want to get into a long back and forth who should be in and who should be out. I am saying Pat checks all the boxes yet gets snubbed every year. When I read and hear the reasons others are selected, its very contradictory and inconsistent.

I will say, I wish the Hall stuck to rock acts since its called the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame but that ship sailed long ago. They accept all acts
I think Pat should be in. I also think Cyndi Lauper, Gloria Estefan, and Grace Jones should be in.

I imagine if Pat gets in, Neil Giraldo does too.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kate Bush should be in before Benatar and Nicks for that matter. She is far more influential to this day than Pat and has a much more vast and impressive body of work .She even released one masterpiece in this century . Hounds of Love may be the greatest album by a female rock artist ever.

Old 05-23-2021, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i am really appalled that Pat is not in yet. She definately should be in the Hall

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-23-2021, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think Pat should be in. I also think Cyndi Lauper, Gloria Estefan, and Grace Jones should be in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
[B]Kate Bush should be in
--------------------------------------------
Hounds of Love may be the greatest album by a female rock artist ever.
yep. and Chaka Khan.

all should have been in way before bands like Foos.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-23-2021, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Janet was great in her induction speech she called for the RRHOF to induct more women in 2020.

Where Stevie said one of the ladies from Haim need to make a solo album to get inducted Unleashed!