User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
My take only - Stevie just isn’t that big of a draw and hasn’t been for years. She has had jumps in popularity with the younger crowd over the last decade but I seriously doubt some teens or early 20’s girls who are in love with Stevie giving it to Lindsey in a 26 year old Silver Springs clip on TikTok are going to shell out the kind of money she’s asking for tickets. At least not in mass quantity.

A Springsteen concert in comparison is a spectacle. An event. A marathon where you are likely to get a selection of different songs either not played recently or ever before, and an energy level that is topped by very few (read: any) “classic” acts. He has a fanatic fan base that follows him year after year.

Stevie is popular, yes. She is the main draw in Fleetwood Mac, yes. But she’s overexposed and just not the kind of act that can pull in the numbers to fill out an arena tour unless she’s paired with another act (hence why the thing with The Pretenders did well - Stevie’s a greater draw, but The Pretenders are a big enough draw to fill out the gaps).
I remember all those cult members claiming she didn't need the Pretenders to sell tickets when we all know she did. I've said it before and I'll say it again. She cannot sell out arenas on her own name alone. She needs a strong opening act. Vanessa Carleton isn't going to cut it.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Birmingham and New Orleans have now been cancelled.
Who is sick with covid-19?
Old 04-04-2023, 08:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Just found out OKC show is cancelled! Rats! I do hope they overcome this Covid mess. I've lost numerous relatives.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Who is sick with covid-19?
They haven't said who it is.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:54 PM
Ledgie

She cancelled Birmingham (4/5), Oklahoma City (4/11) and New Orleans (originally scheduled 4/2 and then rescheduled to 4/15, but now cancelled).

Why is Stevie *cancelling* these shows and not rescheduling? I feel like if ticket sales were not strong, she may not feel so motivated to reschedule rather than cancelling. It will be interesting to see how the May 2023 solo shows go.

Notably: when Springsteen had to cancel multiple concerts due to illness in the band, he rescheduled. He did not cancel.

AND: The Billy Joel and Stevie Nicks concert in Arlington scheduled for Saturday, April 8 is being postponed until next year, March 9, 2024. That’s a long time from now. My guess is the joint stadium shows have different contractual requirements for rescheduling than the solo shows. But that’s just a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Birmingham and New Orleans have now been cancelled.

Last edited by deluge; 04-04-2023 at 09:07 PM..
Old 04-05-2023, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, Stevie has only played 3 concerts this year. She has the whole month of April off. She has solo dates in May, June, and December. Will she aadd more arena shows?
Old 04-05-2023, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When average/back of the house seats are nearing 200.00 each in secondary and tertiary markets, her ticket sales have not been great. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was a factor behind the cancellations.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
When average/back of the house seats are nearing 200.00 each in secondary and tertiary markets, her ticket sales have not been great. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was a factor behind the cancellations.
Low ticket sales are definitely the reason those shows weren’t rescheduled.
Old 04-05-2023, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Could the weather be impacting ticket sales? Lots of rain, snow, and severe weather across big swaths of the country quite late into the season. It’s been an extended and severe winter.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-05-2023, 09:06 PM
Ledgie

I think that’s a stretch. And my short answer is no. At least not in markets like Atlanta (weather hasn’t been a factor). And especially taking account other artists have had strong ticket sales in markets where Stevie seems to be struggling with ticket sales. Weather isn’t the variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Could the weather be impacting ticket sales? Lots of rain, snow, and severe weather across big swaths of the country quite late into the season. It’s been an extended and severe winter.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Vegas was about 40% sold days before the show. Weather was 65 and sunny.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Vegas was about 40% sold days before the show. Weather was 65 and sunny.
How was Bonnie's concert? Was it in a cool venue?
Old 04-06-2023, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She deserves the low ticket sales .That is way too much money to watch a nearly 75 year old woman croak or shout out some truncated oldies with some painfully slow spins thrown in on occasion.

Old 04-06-2023, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
She deserves the low ticket sales .That is way too much money to watch a nearly 75 year old woman croak or shout out some truncated oldies with some painfully slow spins thrown in on occasion.
As well as Free Fallin, Rock and Roll, and For What It's Worth! Keep the covers coming Stevie!
Old 04-06-2023, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
100% Sorry not sorry.