User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-26-2022, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thank heavens none of Lindsey’s fans act that way! You know, can do no wrong, kept the band together (except when he left), making Tango so Mick would have money, lying that Buck/Vie wasn’t a Fleetwood Mac album UNTIL he was fired, then he grew some balls and said it really was a FM album. And even then, people defended him- “well, when he was a member he HAD to lie to the fans!” My personal favorite example his fans give of what a generous person Lindsey was- when they point out the time he had a drug dealer living in an RV on his property so Mick would have access to drugs while making Tango. Wow- now that’s a friend! As opposed to, say, encouraging Mick to seek help. But no, that’s just the kind of person Lindsey was LOL!

Yeah, like you said, the fanaticism only applies to Stevie cult members.
I follow NO ONE blindly. Christine was always my favorite. But she's a company shill. Keeps Bob out of the HOF, then doesn't save Lindsey from the old goat getting him fired? She most definitely isn't Super Woman.
These are ALL highly flawed people.

But yeah, Mick is a LOSER.
Old 11-26-2022, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank heavens none of Lindsey’s fans act that way! You know, can do no wrong, kept the band together (except when he left), making Tango so Mick would have money, lying that Buck/Vie wasn’t a Fleetwood Mac album UNTIL he was fired, then he grew some balls and said it really was a FM album. And even then, people defended him- “well, when he was a member he HAD to lie to the fans!” My personal favorite example his fans give of what a generous person Lindsey was- when they point out the time he had a drug dealer living in an RV on his property so Mick would have access to drugs while making Tango. Wow- now that’s a friend! As opposed to, say, encouraging Mick to seek help. But no, that’s just the kind of person Lindsey was LOL!

Yeah, like you said, the fanaticism only applies to Stevie cult members.
HomerMcVie has said Lindsey's voice is shot now and has brought up Lindsey's alleged beating of CAH in that he denounced it; definitely not a Lindsey worshipper, but I've seen HM appreciate Lindsey's artistry. HomerMcVie, I've always seen as a diehard Christine fan.

Bwboy, have you ever had any criticism of Stevie Nicks? I've seen you excuse her stale setlists by saying COVID's still here so she doesn't rehearse that much and that's not true. She rehearsed one month before this last tour and even rehearsed in between legs.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 11-26-2022 at 01:54 PM..
Old 11-26-2022, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
HomerMcVie has said Lindsey's voice is shot now and has brought up Lindsey's alleged beating of CAH in that he denounced it; definitely not a Lindsey worshipper, but I've seen HM appreciate Lindsey's artistry. HomerMcVie, I've always seen as a diehard Christine fan.

Bwboy, have you ever had any criticism of Stevie Nicks? I've seen you excuse her stale setlists by saying COVID's still here so she doesn't rehearse that much and that's not true. She rehearsed one month before this last tour and even rehearsed in between legs.
Thank you. Lindsey has long been my second favorite, and honestly, HE'S THE REASON they rose to such heights. They couldn't have done it without his vision.

BW refuses to own his Chiffon gown, but the truth is so obvious to all of us.

You said that $tevie "rehearsed between legs". I'll bet it's not the first time!
(I know, I'm 12)

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 11-26-2022 at 06:05 PM..
Old 11-26-2022, 07:26 PM

I love Mick! I think he's a fantastic drummer. In 2018 he rocked the house. He's an important personality to the band and put some great FMac incarnations together.

When I listen to the full catalog, I realize just how good McVie/McVie/Fleetwood are!! No matter what was thrown at them comp wise, they could hang and get the job done in an interesting and moving way. Mick is why we have a history of this band and why it's kept going for so long. I recently listened to his drumming on Heroes and it's just fantastic.

Am I disappointed that he sold out to Nick$ mgmt. Of course. But I don't think anyone had a choice because of how powerful her cult has/had become.

I'm grateful to get a long beautiful history of albums, concerts and shows. And yes, $tevie Nicks, ruined the band.
Old 11-26-2022, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn’t really mean to excuse her stale setlist, but I guess I did. I saw it more as a possible explanation, rather than an excuse.

I have very critical thoughts of Stevie. Why do I focus on other band members? Because it annoys me when some people criticize her for doing something, yet don’t say anything when Lindsey or Christine or John or Mick do it.

Example- “Stevie never gets asked the hard questions because her ‘people’ are there shielding her.” I have no problem with that, but guess what- so does Lindsey. Now how do I know this? Well, there was an interview with Lindsey right when Buck/Vie came out, where the reporter asked Lindsey why it wasn’t released as a FM album, when all the members but Stevie had worked on it. Lindsey hemmed and hawed and said something like it was always conceived as a duets album, etc and the reporter pressed him on that and that was when Lindsey’s publicist/agent/whatever stepped in and told the reporter the interview would be terminated if he continued with that line of questioning. Compare that to an interview in Out magazine where the reporter asked her about the rumours that someone used to blow coke up her *beep* and Stevie shot him down with her silence, but continued the interview. If someone intervened on Stevie’s behalf, the reporter didn’t bother to share that, but I believe he would have if it had happened. He said it was uncomfortable LOL.

Another example- “Stevie and Mick are to blame for Lindsey’s firing.” I have no problem with that statement, except it doesn’t include Christine and John. People have said they didn’t want to tour without Lindsey but they were under contract. Yes, and so we’re Mick and Stevie. The simple fact is, if Christine or John had said they wouldn’t have toured without Lindsey, then they wouldn’t have toured without Lindsey. They went along with the firing, but Stevie and Mick are the ones who seem to get the sole blame, at least among Lindsey fanatics.

Stevie wouldn’t tour if Lindsey was in the band? How about when Lindsey said he wouldn’t record with FM if Christine didn’t tour with them? Christine wanted to record but not tour, and Lindsey refused. Again, the rest of the band went along with him, so they’re just as much to blame. They knew the big money lay in touring, so in order to tour, they didn’t let Christine join them in the studio.

Criticism of Stevie? I’ve always said how much I hate When I See You Again, her remake of Crystal, and any album after the Other Side of the Mirror. I found her performance in the Mirage video to be fake and over the top, from her ‘speaking in tongues’ spectacle to the way she followed Lindsey around the stage so that she could get in every frame he was in when the camera was on him. It was gross watching her try to hog the camera.

I agree she’s shielded from the world and surrounded by yes people. I think her setlist shave been stale with two exceptions- Enchanted and Trouble in Shangri-La. Beyond stale, actually. I’ve seen her twice solo and Fleetwood Mac four times. I’ve seen Lindsey once. If ipI had known that he was going to be fired and that the pandemic was coming, I would have seen Lindsey and Christine on their tour, but who knew. If I had the opportunity to meet any of the band members, I would choose Mick in a heartbeat, because I think he would be the most talkative of the bunch. Christine might be next, but I’ve always had a feeling she isn’t crazy about talking to fans, although other people have said she’s been gracious when interacting with fans. I’d love to talk to her about her songs, though. Stevie and Lindsey, I think conversation would be very limited, as I’m not a musician so I don't think I’d have much to say to Lindsey, and Stevie just seems hot and cold and again I wouldn’t know what to say to either of them they haven’t already heard a million times. John I can’t even imagine what I’d say to him.

I’m much more familiar with Stevie’s solo music because she’s released the most solo material. I’m happy that Lindsey is becoming much more prolific than he’s ever been, but honestly, it’s too late for me. I hated Say You Will for the most part, and found the new songs on the EP and the Dance CD forgettable. That’s why I don’t care that FM hasn’t recorded anything new- seeing them live, I’d rather hear deep cuts than new songs any day from FM.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn’t really mean to excuse her stale setlist, but I guess I did. I saw it more as a possible explanation, rather than an excuse.

I have very critical thoughts of Stevie. Why do I focus on other band members? Because it annoys me when some people criticize her for doing something, yet don’t say anything when Lindsey or Christine or John or Mick do it.

Example- “Stevie never gets asked the hard questions because her ‘people’ are there shielding her.” I have no problem with that, but guess what- so does Lindsey. Now how do I know this? Well, there was an interview with Lindsey right when Buck/Vie came out, where the reporter asked Lindsey why it wasn’t released as a FM album, when all the members but Stevie had worked on it. Lindsey hemmed and hawed and said something like it was always conceived as a duets album, etc and the reporter pressed him on that and that was when Lindsey’s publicist/agent/whatever stepped in and told the reporter the interview would be terminated if he continued with that line of questioning. Compare that to an interview in Out magazine where the reporter asked her about the rumours that someone used to blow coke up her *beep* and Stevie shot him down with her silence, but continued the interview. If someone intervened on Stevie’s behalf, the reporter didn’t bother to share that, but I believe he would have if it had happened. He said it was uncomfortable LOL.

Another example- “Stevie and Mick are to blame for Lindsey’s firing.” I have no problem with that statement, except it doesn’t include Christine and John. People have said they didn’t want to tour without Lindsey but they were under contract. Yes, and so we’re Mick and Stevie. The simple fact is, if Christine or John had said they wouldn’t have toured without Lindsey, then they wouldn’t have toured without Lindsey. They went along with the firing, but Stevie and Mick are the ones who seem to get the sole blame, at least among Lindsey fanatics.

Stevie wouldn’t tour if Lindsey was in the band? How about when Lindsey said he wouldn’t record with FM if Christine didn’t tour with them? Christine wanted to record but not tour, and Lindsey refused. Again, the rest of the band went along with him, so they’re just as much to blame. They knew the big money lay in touring, so in order to tour, they didn’t let Christine join them in the studio.

Criticism of Stevie? I’ve always said how much I hate When I See You Again, her remake of Crystal, and any album after the Other Side of the Mirror. I found her performance in the Mirage video to be fake and over the top, from her ‘speaking in tongues’ spectacle to the way she followed Lindsey around the stage so that she could get in every frame he was in when the camera was on him. It was gross watching her try to hog the camera.

I agree she’s shielded from the world and surrounded by yes people. I think her setlist shave been stale with two exceptions- Enchanted and Trouble in Shangri-La. Beyond stale, actually. I’ve seen her twice solo and Fleetwood Mac four times. I’ve seen Lindsey once. If ipI had known that he was going to be fired and that the pandemic was coming, I would have seen Lindsey and Christine on their tour, but who knew. If I had the opportunity to meet any of the band members, I would choose Mick in a heartbeat, because I think he would be the most talkative of the bunch. Christine might be next, but I’ve always had a feeling she isn’t crazy about talking to fans, although other people have said she’s been gracious when interacting with fans. I’d love to talk to her about her songs, though. Stevie and Lindsey, I think conversation would be very limited, as I’m not a musician so I don't think I’d have much to say to Lindsey, and Stevie just seems hot and cold and again I wouldn’t know what to say to either of them they haven’t already heard a million times. John I can’t even imagine what I’d say to him.

I’m much more familiar with Stevie’s solo music because she’s released the most solo material. I’m happy that Lindsey is becoming much more prolific than he’s ever been, but honestly, it’s too late for me. I hated Say You Will for the most part, and found the new songs on the EP and the Dance CD forgettable. That’s why I don’t care that FM hasn’t recorded anything new- seeing them live, I’d rather hear deep cuts than new songs any day from FM.
I've met them all, several times actually and I can tell you from experience that Mick is a dick. He's arrogant and dismissive except if he thinks you work for the press and/or radio station and promote the band. Only than he is nice.
Stevie has/had a great sense of humor, Christine is/was very nice and lovely to talk to, Lindsey is/was very talkative and sweet and John is/was fun to be around especially because of his dry sense of humor. He's the one that made the remark "It's not a bloody fashion show" when Stevie had been shopping in Paris.

I have to admit that I have no idea what they're like now because I met them all in the 80's, beginning of the 90's.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-27-2022, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I've met them all, several times actually and I can tell you from experience that Mick is a dick. He's arrogant and dismissive except if he thinks you work for the press and/or radio station and promote the band. Only than he is nice.
Stevie has/had a great sense of humor, Christine is/was very nice and lovely to talk to, Lindsey is/was very talkative and sweet and John is/was fun to be around especially because of his dry sense of humor. He's the one that made the remark "It's not a bloody fashion show" when Stevie had been shopping in Paris.

I have to admit that I have no idea what they're like now because I met them all in the 80's, beginning of the 90's.
So you met the drugged up versions?
Old 11-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Well, just goes to show what I know LOL. For some reason that surprises me about Mick and John. Maybe I was thinking since the other three get the bulk of adoration from the fans, that maybe Mick would appreciate the fans who make an effort to speak to him. John, well he’s a bit of an enigma to me, but that’s nice to hear you enjoyed speaking to him.

Just curious, how have you had the opportunity to meet them? Backstage passes? Meet and greets?
Old 11-27-2022, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hung out with a woman who did catering in AZ, and catered back stage at a Stevie show. She said Stevie was horrible, and complained about everything. That nothing was good enough for her.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hung out with a woman who did catering in AZ, and catered back stage at a Stevie show. She said Stevie was horrible, and complained about everything. That nothing was good enough for her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUD7letpERA
Out of the way, The King is en route!
Old 11-27-2022, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Remember the smoking gun website that posted her 1991 backstage tour demands?
Old 11-27-2022, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUD7letpERA
Out of the way, The King is en route!
It's her world. We're just living in it.
Old 11-27-2022, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So you met the drugged up versions?
Yup. But I never noticed anything, maybe I was naive. I was quite young. They didn't act or looked like they were doped up. There was a lot of drinking going though.

You got a sweet heart
Old 11-27-2022, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, just goes to show what I know LOL. For some reason that surprises me about Mick and John. Maybe I was thinking since the other three get the bulk of adoration from the fans, that maybe Mick would appreciate the fans who make an effort to speak to him. John, well he’s a bit of an enigma to me, but that’s nice to hear you enjoyed speaking to him.

Just curious, how have you had the opportunity to meet them? Backstage passes? Meet and greets?
At first through the record company and later through JC. Also met them at a party through Dennis Dunstan. I had the right contacts back then.
Mick is only nice to you if he can get something out of it. I could be way off but that's the impression I got. He was nice when he thought I worked for the record company or radio station.
John was super nice. He even showed me a pic of his daughter Molly when she was still a baby and said she was conceived on the 5th floor of the hotel where we met

You got a sweet heart
Old 11-27-2022, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I heard some horrible backstage stories about Stevie too but not when I was around. That was later, in the late 90's and 2000's. I heard that she had totally changed into a diva with bells on. Was even called the B word.

You got a sweet heart