Old 08-27-2021, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey playing guitar on new Halsey song

You can listen here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdGS_nHaG7o
Old 08-27-2021, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The guitar playing is very pretty

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-27-2021, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Really like that. Glad to know Lindsey is lending his talents to other artists. Keep making music Linds. Especially with those who appreciate your talent.
Old 08-29-2021, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

love these news. nice interview with Halsey where she talks about working with Lindsey on the song, among other things. to hear her thoughts about Lindsey, start from 8:39

love that Lindsey and Trent are still in touch. collaborations like this is exactly where i love seeing LB.

and then there are some additional articles too, i figure there will be an avalanche soon -

Driven solely by Buckingham's circular acoustic fingerpicking – over which Halsey weaves a dreamy, captivating narrative that vividly pivots between weariness and gratitude – Darling certainly takes a few cues from Fleetwood Mac's immortal Landslide, but stands proudly on its own. https://www.guitarworld.com/news/hal...LD_QWsNfRuTC5I

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-29-2021, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Beautiful song and yes unmistakable …..Lindsey Buckingham on guitar. Its great reading comments about how so recognizable his guitar playing is today to the masses.

Last edited by BLY; 08-29-2021 at 07:47 PM..
Old 08-29-2021, 09:38 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
love these news. nice interview with Halsey where she talks about working with Lindsey on the song, among other things. to hear her thoughts about Lindsey, start from 8:39

love that Lindsey and Trent are still in touch. collaborations like this is exactly where i love seeing LB.

and then there are some additional articles too, i figure there will be an avalanche soon -

Driven solely by Buckingham's circular acoustic fingerpicking – over which Halsey weaves a dreamy, captivating narrative that vividly pivots between weariness and gratitude – Darling certainly takes a few cues from Fleetwood Mac's immortal Landslide, but stands proudly on its own. https://www.guitarworld.com/news/hal...LD_QWsNfRuTC5I
This is why so many of us have stayed loyal fans. Hoping/expecting something like this to drop out of nowhere. Beautiful, intricate guitar work, that is somehow subtle at the same time. Master of his craft at work playing the part of collaborator to create a great song.
Old 08-29-2021, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
This is why so many of us have stayed loyal fans. Hoping/expecting something like this to drop out of nowhere. Beautiful, intricate guitar work, that is somehow subtle at the same time. Master of his craft at work playing the part of collaborator to create a great song.
I also loved how either Halsey or the interviewer (or perhaps both) said how great it is that these legends like Lindsey are not giving up and sleeping on their past successes but keep on going and creating.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-29-2021, 06:45 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I also loved how either Halsey or the interviewer (or perhaps both) said how great it is that these legends like Lindsey are not giving up and sleeping on their past successes but keep on going and creating.
That was awesome. I wonder if Stevie will ever be played that interview? Lindsey craves collaboration and tried as hard as he could to push her to create something new he could contribute to. She never did. It’s beyond admirable what quality stuff Lindsey is able to give to music at his age (any age for that matter). That interview and what she says about him, is a great reminder to keep learning and creating, no matter what you do in life. Thanks for the link.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
That was awesome. I wonder if Stevie will ever be played that interview? Lindsey craves collaboration and tried as hard as he could to push her to create something new he could contribute to. She never did. It’s beyond admirable what quality stuff Lindsey is able to give to music at his age (any age for that matter). That interview and what she says about him, is a great reminder to keep learning and creating, no matter what you do in life. Thanks for the link.
It's a blessing that Lindsey is no longer with Irving. Irving tells his "artists" not to do anything new because the money is in selling your past glories.

It could be Irving got into Stevie's head.