The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't see this thread until just now. I recently joined and thought I'd "officially" say hi. I'm from Austin, Texas, although I just moved here so I don't really feel like a Texan yet. I went from a casual listener to a Mac fan in my mid-teens, but I'm still short of 30 so I really wasn't around for their glory years. I'm hoping to see them in Houston and catch the Sound City doc at SXSW, fingers crossed.

I've visited the Ledge before, most often to stare at photos of Lindsey Buckingham.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Junior Ledgie

I too just noticed this and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Leah, 26 from just somewhere outside London. I've been lurking for a little while but thought I'd be brave and say hello.

Like a lot of people, I grew up on Rumours and can't remember a time I've not known those songs. I've always loved that album cover, and would always select it if I was asked if we wanted music on at home (the rest of the time I used to amuse myself by making roads with my parent's vinyl collection lol)

I have recently discovered the fact there are loads of other brilliant albums and songs so that's been a revelation (though I knew Rhiannon and Over My Head a bit and some stuff from pre- Stevie and Lindsey that my dad used to play). I guess I would say I've become a pretty big Stevie fan, and wondering where the hell she has actually BEEN all my life. I always knew her simply as a (wonderful) voice and from the photos on the back of Rumours and had never really seen her outside from that. I literally spent 5 days slowly working through her tag on tumblr and realised how awesome she was. Anyway. I'm very excited to see FM in September in Birmingham and wish it wasn't still February!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
I didn't see this thread until just now. I recently joined and thought I'd "officially" say hi. I'm from Austin, Texas, although I just moved here so I don't really feel like a Texan yet. I went from a casual listener to a Mac fan in my mid-teens, but I'm still short of 30 so I really wasn't around for their glory years. I'm hoping to see them in Houston and catch the Sound City doc at SXSW, fingers crossed.

I've visited the Ledge before, most often to stare at photos of Lindsey Buckingham.
Welcome aboard, my fellow Austinite! Do you have a wristband to see Sound City at SXSW, or have you found a ticket another way? I nabbed a ticket for Stevie's documentary at SXSW directly from the Paramount's website, but the Drafthouse doesn't have Sound City listed on their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettucesoap View Post
I too just noticed this and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Leah, 26 from just somewhere outside London. I've been lurking for a little while but thought I'd be brave and say hello.

Like a lot of people, I grew up on Rumours and can't remember a time I've not known those songs. I've always loved that album cover, and would always select it if I was asked if we wanted music on at home (the rest of the time I used to amuse myself by making roads with my parent's vinyl collection lol)

I have recently discovered the fact there are loads of other brilliant albums and songs so that's been a revelation (though I knew Rhiannon and Over My Head a bit and some stuff from pre- Stevie and Lindsey that my dad used to play). I guess I would say I've become a pretty big Stevie fan, and wondering where the hell she has actually BEEN all my life. I always knew her simply as a (wonderful) voice and from the photos on the back of Rumours and had never really seen her outside from that. I literally spent 5 days slowly working through her tag on tumblr and realised how awesome she was. Anyway. I'm very excited to see FM in September in Birmingham and wish it wasn't still February!!!
Welcome to the Ledge! Make yourself a home!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Supporting Ledgie

^Welcome redbird & lettucesoap!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks I do not have a wristband, to be honest I'm not expecting to get to go but my little sister loves Dave Grohl and I love Stevie Nicks and this would just be such a cool thing to do together that I don't altogether want to give up hope yet. I decided months ago that I probably wouldn't go and at the last minute am having second thoughts.

lettucesoap, welcome from me too. It's interesting how people our age can say we grew up with Rumours too, in my case it was because 90% of it was on the radio.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

I have been posting away without a proper intro!

I'm 27, girl, currently on the east coast, U.S.

I have loved Fleetwood Mac since I was 11. The Dance was playing on MTV while I was passing by to go to the kitchen. I stopped dead in my tracks and heard Silver Springs. I have been hooked ever since! I am finally going to see them in concert for the first time in June.

Thanks for having me here- such wonderful discussions and people! I have been looking at the various forums, sorting posts by number of replies- it's a gold mine of info and lots of comedy (tempting to reply to years-old threads).
Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hello

Hi, I'm David. I'm a Southern California resident, an editor in his 40s, and a Penguinite since just after the Street Angel tour, when I decided to reconnect to other Mac fans. I was a big fan from Rumours through Tango in the Night, and then sorta dropped out when I didn't like the direction things were going.

I've been kicked off the board about twelve times over the years, but have always wormed my way back into the fold by promising to behave. What I love about the Ledge the most is talking to all the new fans, old fans, in-between fans, inspired fans, disappointed fans, sane fans, insane fans, calm fans, and bellicose fans. All this conversation has been a whole heck of a lot of fun for me. I'm also getting nostalgic in my old age, and hope one day to hear from the people who are long gone from here. I also miss those who have passed away.

My favorite songs:
  • Before the Beginning
  • Man of the World
  • Sands of Time
  • Dragonfly
  • The Derelict
  • Did You Ever Love Me
  • Keep On Going
  • Heroes Are Hard to Find
  • Angel (1974)
  • Crystal
  • Sugar Daddy
  • You Make Loving Fun
  • Go Your Own Way
  • That's All for Everyone
  • Honey Hi
  • Never Forget
  • One More Night
  • Hold Me
  • All Over Again
  • Temporary One
  • Red Rover
  • Destiny Rules

In every way, the family here outweirds the Fleetwood Mac family—we just never realized it before. We make them look like colorless drabs.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David, you need no introduction...you've been here "before the beginning" (like me). You just take a sabbatical every now & then when things get too irritatingly "chiffon-esque" for you.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecalmsea View Post
The Dance was playing on MTV while I was passing by to go to the kitchen. I stopped dead in my tracks and heard Silver Springs.

Thanks for having me here- such wonderful discussions and people! I have been looking at the various forums, a gold mine of info and lots of comedy (tempting to reply to years-old threads).
We have another non posting member(Dani) who discovered FM through Silver Springs from The Dance also.

It is totally ok to revive old threads with new comments. We do have a sense of humor(well, most of us) so go ahead and show us yours.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
^Welcome redbird & lettucesoap!
I welcome them also and Brandon, love your newest sig pic.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thanks for the welcomes, and hi to the other new and new-ish people!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not new, but I haven't been around in a while, so I thought I'd say hi to those I haven't spoken too yet.

I'm Chris, I'm 23 from a teeny tiny village in the north of England, not far from Leeds. I work in HR, and I live with my cat, Gypsy .

Been a Mac fan for...well...forever...although I'm primarily a Stevie solo fan and always have been (my Dad being into his guitar solos and rock songs found this utterly ridiculous!). I remember being a toddler and having Mac and Stevie cassettes that I used to play on my Fisher Price "My First Cassette Player", complete with mini-microphone.

I am a COMPLETE, self-confessed Chiffon Head, by the way....
Old 03-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
I remember being a toddler and having Mac and Stevie cassettes that I used to play on my Fisher Price "My First Cassette Player", complete with mini-microphone.
Cool story.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hello,

my name is Christian, I'm 33 years old and I'm from Heidelberg in Germany.

I became a devoted Fleetwood Mac fan in 2007. I have seen them live during the first one of their gigs in Wembley Stadium in 2009, and I am going to see them this autumn in both Paris and Stuttgart.

I love this band from the bottom of my heart. In fact, they're the only band (together with Stevie's solo work) that I can listen to every single day, on and on, again and again. I never grow tired of them. Though I have discovered them quite late, I consider them as the music of my heart and the soundtrack of my life.

My favourite songs are "Sara" and "Gypsy", my favourite albums are "Rumours" and "Tango In The Night".

I would love Fleetwood Mac to perform not only their obvious hits, but also some surprises this year. "Isn't It Midnight" would be my biggest wish...

I would also love Christine back with the band, maybe she has overcome her fear of flying...

*Stevie, you're the poet in my heart... never change... never stop...*
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hi Everyone,

I'm Emily from Ohio. I've loved the band for a long time, but have never seen them in concert. That's changing though; I'll be at the show in Columbus in April.

I found my way to The Ledge after I read Ken's book about the making of Rumours, which I loved. It is great listening to it in analog, I'm tellin ya!