The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2021, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^They keep posting because they view themselves as defenders of the man she successfully dethroned and emasculated, which they in turn feel threatened by.
Old 07-11-2021, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
which they in turn feel threatened by.
That's a bit of a sick statement.

Stevie Nicks is no champion for feminism or justice.
There is no record or history of that.
You want someone who walked the walk see Cyndi Lauper, Cher, Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler, Madonna, or Carole King.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Stevie definitely won't be commenting to Free Britney as she gave Britney the Nicki Minaj treatment in 2003. Told her to wear some clothes and not to kiss a woman on tv.
Isn't that sort of weird of Stevie, since Stevie screwed the 1970s. Who is she to judge? She may have worn more clothes than Britney but she slept with everyone, I'm sure a lot more than Britney.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Isn't that sort of weird of Stevie, since Stevie screwed the 1970s. Who is she to judge? She may have worn more clothes than Britney but she slept with everyone, I'm sure a lot more than Britney.
I think you're forgetting that Stevie wants the world to think that she was the good girl of rock and roll in the 70s...which is hilarious. She behaved no differently than other male or female rock stars of that era. She milks the drug addiction stories for dramatic interviews but sweeps everything else under the rug.

In recent years there has been this annoying exaggeration that because she wrote songs about her ex that it somehow automatically makes her a feminist.

Last edited by BigAl84; 07-13-2021 at 02:39 PM..
Old 07-12-2021, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
^They keep posting because they view themselves as defenders of the man she successfully dethroned and emasculated, which they in turn feel threatened by.
Taking Stevie down a peg used to be a great little parlor game. But it was done in a loving spirit, and it often provided comic relief. Now it’s mostly just a jackhammer attack. I blame Trump. No, just kidding, Jondalar, I love Trump.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-12-2021, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
In recent years there has been this annoying exaggeration that because she wrote songs about her ex that it somehow automatically makes her a feminist.
Hmmm. . . good point.
Camille Paglia would say that Stevie’s sexual life, the numbers and the multiplicity, make Stevie a feminist icon. That I would buy. But Stevie has always had a streak of nutty puritanism in her: won’t take the blouse off, even when the shot doesn’t include boobs, but has two or three sexual relationships in the same short time frame (sometimes with married men), etc. She’s a puzzling contradiction. She’s a real star.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-12-2021, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think you're forgetting that Stevie wants the world to think that she was the good girl of rock and roll in the 70s...which is hilarious. She milks the drug addiction stories for dramatic interviews but sweeps everything else under the rug.

and of the 80s also. She did an interview about how on her solo tours she and the girls can't just go out to bars and whatnot because they would automatically be classified as in her words "loose, roaming women". As someone else pointed out, sleeping with at *least* 2 of the male members of the original band (I remain unshocked should something about John come to light), also road flings with later band members (Rick), shared crew members with her female band member (Curry, and whoever else), relationships with studio engineers, nearly all her producers, at least one of the heads of her record company, various solo band members, her rehab coach who was in a committed relationship (a great romance, still forbidden, still outrageous), at least 3 members of the Eagles, a one night stand on a whim with Dave...... so yeah, the Victorian blushing virgin routine is quite.....laughable.

Not to mention she said back in the Bella Donna promo days that her approach being around the Eagles was to be "very quiet and unassuming around them and trick them to death"... not very feminist a la Janis Joplin who owned her sexuality or Grace Slick for that matter
Old 07-12-2021, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
and of the 80s also. She did an interview about how on her solo tours she and the girls can't just go out to bars and whatnot because they would automatically be classified as in her words "loose, roaming women". As someone else pointed out, sleeping with at *least* 2 of the male members of the original band (I remain unshocked should something about John come to light), also road flings with later band members (Rick), shared crew members with her female band member (Curry, and whoever else), relationships with studio engineers, nearly all her producers, at least one of the heads of her record company, various solo band members, her rehab coach who was in a committed relationship (a great romance, still forbidden, still outrageous), at least 3 members of the Eagles, a one night stand on a whim with Dave...... so yeah, the Victorian blushing virgin routine is quite.....laughable.

Not to mention she said back in the Bella Donna promo days that her approach being around the Eagles was to be "very quiet and unassuming around them and trick them to death"... not very feminist a la Janis Joplin who owned her sexuality or Grace Slick for that matter
So what EXACTLY did that make her?

Old 07-13-2021, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I heard she slept with the entire 3am shift at the Waffle House. She is woman with wide canyon.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Listen, I don't care or judge her for her sex life. She behaved no differently than men in rock and roll.

I am calling out the hypocrisy of playing the innocent and/or gaslighting everyone about your behavior. Why even engage? Just make your personal life off limits. This is harder for her because she has built her reputation as a songwriter on mining her personal/romantic life. So why not just own it? She came of age in the free wheeling 60s and then into the 70s, so it wasn't like society wasn't already aware of women's sexuality. In many ways she's a product of the 50s when she was raised, and her parents' morals. She's not always as with the times as she would like to think. She's gotten more open about some stuff since her parents are gone.

But beyond her sex life, which again I don't care about, she very much catered to powerful men in her life and career, and played on her femininity and attractiveness and downplayed her ambitions to get men to help her or do things for her. This is NOT "feminist". Again, it's the hypocrisy I find annoying.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-13-2021 at 02:14 PM..
Old 07-14-2021, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No, this isn’t a site for people who love Stevie and her work. Not necessarily. It’s a site for people who are interested in Fleetwood Mac. There were 16 members of Fleetwood Mac (not counting Neil and Mike) and people interested in any of those 16 people and any combination of the same might be here. You shouldn’t expect everyone on the Fleetwood Mac site to love Stevie.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Taking Stevie down a peg used to be a great little parlor game. But it was done in a loving spirit, and it often provided comic relief. Now it’s mostly just a jackhammer attack. I blame Trump. No, just kidding, Jondalar, I love Trump.
I agree with the jackhammer. Criticism is one thing. Childish name-calling with no substantive observations to accompany it is another.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I agree with the jackhammer. Criticism is one thing. Childish name-calling with no substantive observations to accompany it is another.
It is not healthy for the board, is it, traffic here has declined alarmingly.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
It is not healthy for the board, is it, traffic here has declined alarmingly.
It's always been slow here when the band is doing nothing, which is exactly what they're doing right now. Except Lindsey.

But your suggesting "canceling" the poster is ludicrous. MOMMY, HE UPSETS ME!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 07-14-2021 at 09:44 AM..
Old 07-14-2021, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's always been slow here when the band is doing nothing, which is exactly what they're doing right now. Except Lindsey.

But your suggesting "canceling" the poster is ludicrous. MOMMY, HE UPSETS ME!
?? I don't think I suggested cancelling anyone. Although people do get banned from the forum sometimes.