The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-02-2004, 11:37 PM
BrokenWing's Avatar
BrokenWing BrokenWing is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scranton, Pa., USA
Posts: 52
Question Pre-Rumours songs in Rumours-era shows?

Curious question--does anybody know which pre-BN Mac songs, apart from the well-documented Oh Well and Hypnotized, were performed at early BN-era shows? I saw an old review someone posted on the Rumours forum that mentioned Station Man and Spare Me A Little Of Your Love, but was that it?

Eileen
__________________
"I turn the light out on my life ~ So you don't have to sacrifice ~ The bliss of all your ignorance"
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 07-03-2004, 12:50 AM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWing
Curious question--does anybody know which pre-BN Mac songs, apart from the well-documented Oh Well and Hypnotized, were performed at early BN-era shows? I saw an old review someone posted on the Rumours forum that mentioned Station Man and Spare Me A Little Of Your Love, but was that it?
Lots & lots, & luckily lots & lots are on tape, including The Green Manalishi, Rattlesnake Shake, Oh Well, Station Man, Tell Me All the Things You Do, Sunny Side of Heaven, Spare Me a Little, Believe Me, Hypnotized & Why. There apparently were others, but these are actually on tape & therefore provide solid evidence.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-06-2004, 10:17 AM
chiliD's Avatar
chiliD chiliD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In the backseat of a Studebaker
Posts: 9,702
Default

Just recently on another board, someone semi-confirmed that they also played:

Bob Welch's "Angel" (Christine on vocals) and Danny Kirwan's "Child Of Mine" (Lindsey on vocals).

I said "semi-" because I'd previously heard that they played both of those tunes with Stevie handling lead vocals on both.

But, this confirmation sounds a bit more realistic. The person who originally told me about these tunes probably couldn't take his eyes off of Stevie so when she sang the harmonies, he probably assumed she was singing lead.

There's a little nagging vague recall in the back of my mind that they played "Black Magic Woman" (Lindsey vocal) in 1975 when they played Anaheim Stadium and opened for Loggins & Messina/Rod Stewart & Faces.
__________________
Among God's creations, two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes in order not to be separated from the man.---Andres Segovia
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,310
Default Station Man and Hypnotized

I have a CD boguht in Spain, kind of a bootleg with part of a concert from the white album days. Station Man and Hypnotized were included.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I have a CD boguht in Spain, kind of a bootleg with part of a concert from the white album days. Station Man and Hypnotized were included.
Spare me a little is also in that CD, but not Rattlesnake Shake. I've never heard a Rattlesnake Shake version of the Rumours lineup, and as long as I remember, Mick didn't mention that song in his book, about being playing by the Rumours lineup.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-13-2006, 08:34 AM
chiliD's Avatar
chiliD chiliD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In the backseat of a Studebaker
Posts: 9,702
Default

I witnessed it a number of times. Sadly, up to now, there hasn't been any recordings circulated of them playing it.
__________________
Among God's creations, two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes in order not to be separated from the man.---Andres Segovia
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-29-2004, 12:39 PM
fleetfootmike's Avatar
fleetfootmike fleetfootmike is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Just recently on another board, someone semi-confirmed that they also played:

Bob Welch's "Angel" (Christine on vocals) and Danny Kirwan's "Child Of Mine" (Lindsey on vocals).

I said "semi-" because I'd previously heard that they played both of those tunes with Stevie handling lead vocals on both.

But, this confirmation sounds a bit more realistic. The person who originally told me about these tunes probably couldn't take his eyes off of Stevie so when she sang the harmonies, he probably assumed she was singing lead.

There's a little nagging vague recall in the back of my mind that they played "Black Magic Woman" (Lindsey vocal) in 1975 when they played Anaheim Stadium and opened for Loggins & Messina/Rod Stewart & Faces.
Got a pointer to the 'other board' posting in question, Steve?
__________________
Fleetfoot Mike - http://www.fleetfootmike.net/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-29-2004, 01:04 PM
fleetfootmike's Avatar
fleetfootmike fleetfootmike is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Lots & lots, & luckily lots & lots are on tape, including The Green Manalishi, Rattlesnake Shake, Oh Well, Station Man, Tell Me All the Things You Do, Sunny Side of Heaven, Spare Me a Little, Believe Me, Hypnotized & Why. There apparently were others, but these are actually on tape & therefore provide solid evidence.
I have "Jumping At Shadows" on a rather low quality boot labelled "San Diego '75".
__________________
Fleetfoot Mike - http://www.fleetfootmike.net/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-07-2006, 04:09 AM
fleetfootmike's Avatar
fleetfootmike fleetfootmike is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 125
Default

Revisiting this thread two years down the line:

Does anyone (David) have a note of which boot actually has a Rumours-era "Rattlesnake Shake" on it?
__________________
Fleetfoot Mike - http://www.fleetfootmike.net/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-07-2006, 10:17 AM
chiliD's Avatar
chiliD chiliD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In the backseat of a Studebaker
Posts: 9,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfootmike View Post
Revisiting this thread two years down the line:

Does anyone (David) have a note of which boot actually has a Rumours-era "Rattlesnake Shake" on it?
A "second" from me...I've never seen any boots with Lindsey's take of "Rattlesnake Shake" (although I've seen them play it in person a number of times)...and I sure would like to have one. {hint, hint}
__________________
Among God's creations, two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes in order not to be separated from the man.---Andres Segovia
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-07-2006, 03:04 PM
fleetfootmike's Avatar
fleetfootmike fleetfootmike is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 125
Default

With you *all* the way, there, mate

It's going in our setlist as soon as I do
__________________
Fleetfoot Mike - http://www.fleetfootmike.net/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-20-2006, 09:45 PM
PenguinHead's Avatar
PenguinHead PenguinHead is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 4,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
A "second" from me...I've never seen any boots with Lindsey's take of "Rattlesnake Shake" (although I've seen them play it in person a number of times)...and I sure would like to have one. {hint, hint}
A third from me. At what shows did the Rumours band play Rattlesnake Shake? I still don't believe it...until I hear it. It's news to me. I can see them possibly performing it around 1975...but by 1977 they seemed to phasing out most of the pre-Stevie/Lindsey stuff.
__________________
Life passes before me like an unknown circumstance
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-21-2023, 10:04 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
Curious question--does anybody know which pre-BN Mac songs, apart from the well-documented Oh Well and Hypnotized, were performed at early BN-era shows?
Eileen
Was Tusk the last tour where they included pre-BN songs? I mean during Rumours lineup, cause later there is I loved another woman, sung by Vito and Oh Well by Billy. I think they also included Rattlesnake Shake.
__________________

Last edited by Villavic; 08-21-2023 at 10:36 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-21-2023, 08:03 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 16,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Was Tusk the last tour where they included pre-BN songs? I mean during Rumours lineup, cause later there is I loved another woman, sung by Vito and Oh Well by Billy. I think they also included Rattlesnake Shake.
Not Pre B/N. But they also did sing Tear It Up. Which I believe was on Mick's I'm Not Me.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-22-2023, 06:43 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 6,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Was Tusk the last tour where they included pre-BN songs? I mean during Rumours lineup, cause later there is I loved another woman, sung by Vito and Oh Well by Billy. I think they also included Rattlesnake Shake.
Not really. Oh Well was performed on the Mirage tour. Their next tour in 1987 included 3 pre-Buck/Nicks songs, a Buckingham Nicks song, and 2 solo Nicks songs.

Its insane to think that a Buckingham Nicks song was performed without Lindsey but never performed when only Lindsey and Stevie fronted the band for over a decade without Chris.
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-22-2023 at 04:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Bob Brunning Sound Trackers Music Series Hardcover 6 Book Lot Pop, Metal, Reggae picture

Bob Brunning Sound Trackers Music Series Hardcover 6 Book Lot Pop, Metal, Reggae

$79.99



Bob Brunning Sound Trackers Music Series Hardcover 6 Book Lot Pop, Metal, Reggae picture

Bob Brunning Sound Trackers Music Series Hardcover 6 Book Lot Pop, Metal, Reggae

$56.99



Bob Brunning Sound Trackers 1970s Pop Hardcover Book Import picture

Bob Brunning Sound Trackers 1970s Pop Hardcover Book Import

$19.99



Brunning, Bob : Sound Trackers: Reggae Paperback Expertly Refurbished Product picture

Brunning, Bob : Sound Trackers: Reggae Paperback Expertly Refurbished Product

$3.55



1960s Pop - Hardcover By Brunning, Bob - GOOD picture

1960s Pop - Hardcover By Brunning, Bob - GOOD

$6.50




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved