Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-23-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I think if it focused on 75-87, they could have a big hit with it. Have to be marketed properly with fantastic actors.

Yes not like the “actors” on Reelz Breaking up the Band.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If they go cheap, it's a HUGE EMBARASSING FLOP.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yes not like the “actors” on Reelz Breaking up the Band.
Agreed. If they go cheap, it's a HUGE EMBARASSING FLOP.[/QUOTE]

Then they should definitely put Mick in charge.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m one of those people who think a FM movie, particularly one focusing on the band from 1975-87, 1998-2021 would be pretty bad. None of the band wants a real portrayal of what they were (and/or are) actually like. Instead, it would be a dramatization that supported their own selective memories, their own revisionist narratives.

If a movie tackled what the band was actually like recording Rumours and Tusk, for example, it would be a pretty ugly movie, one worth seeing but unflattering and uncomfortable nonetheless. We’d get a window into the worst behavior typified by California pop stardom.

Now what I would love to see is a sensitive, thoughtful movie about Danny Kirwan, a movie that traces his fatherless upbringing through the blues boom and then into Fleetwood Mac, his subsequent deterioration, obscurity, and then homelessness. I think his story is a remarkable one, and it says a lot about the predicament of the artist whose very powers make them sensitive and vulnerable, whose uncanny abilities do not match the skills needed for survival in the commerce-stricken world.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I loved the Breaking Up The Band movie. It was hysterical. I have to laugh at some comments about serious actors playing Fleetwood Mac members. The Mac has insane members and the best way to portray them is with comedy. The French and Saunders skit is dead on.
Don't blame the actors for the silliness of the band members. I would much rather watch Stevie's Mexican Fajita shack and French and Saunders over some melodramatic rewriting of history. They were/are rich, spoiled egomaniacs that lived their prime in the excess of the mid to late 70s. Still fighting and still jealous of each other still to this day. Seriously. No serious drama acting is going to make them look anything other than out of control funny. Go with it.

Its not that actors. Its the people. How would you portray Stevie's insane behavior through the 80s without laughing out loud. How silly it would be even real time to have the Lindsey actor dance behind Stevie and then get fired. Its all a comical soap opera. You could be the best dramatic actor that existed and people would still laugh at your performance at the absurdity of the act.

That's what makes the Ho Ho's so brilliant. Its truth yet hysterical.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-24-2021 at 07:50 AM..
Old 08-24-2021, 10:32 AM

Well there ya go. French and Saunders are amazing talents.

And that's why it's spot on.
Old 08-24-2021, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I loved the Breaking Up The Band movie. It was hysterical. I have to laugh at some comments about serious actors playing Fleetwood Mac members. The Mac has insane members and the best way to portray them is with comedy. The French and Saunders skit is dead on.
Don't blame the actors for the silliness of the band members. I would much rather watch Stevie's Mexican Fajita shack and French and Saunders over some melodramatic rewriting of history. They were/are rich, spoiled egomaniacs that lived their prime in the excess of the mid to late 70s. Still fighting and still jealous of each other still to this day. Seriously. No serious drama acting is going to make them look anything other than out of control funny. Go with it.

Its not that actors. Its the people. How would you portray Stevie's insane behavior through the 80s without laughing out loud. How silly it would be even real time to have the Lindsey actor dance behind Stevie and then get fired. Its all a comical soap opera. You could be the best dramatic actor that existed and people would still laugh at your performance at the absurdity of the act.

That's what makes the Ho Ho's so brilliant. Its truth yet hysterical.
Yeah—spoof and humor are the way to go.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah—spoof and humor are the way to go.
$tevie would never allow it. $he'd have Irving up their asses in seconds.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She mentioned in an interview not that long ago that she was on some social media thing or other and that she started getting pinged by people who were upset about the Lindsey thing, and she claims she was simply HORRIFIED that people were saying things to her other than flattery and ass-kissing and she vowed never, ever to expose herself to that ever again. "How DARE they speak to me like that!! Don't they know that I'm STEVIE NICKS, LEGEND??" She lives on her own planet and has for a very, very long time. She likes to portray herself as oh-so-strong but totally melts with the least criticism.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She mentioned in an interview not that long ago that she was on some social media thing or other and that she started getting pinged by people who were upset about the Lindsey thing, and she claims she was simply HORRIFIED that people were saying things to her other than flattery and ass-kissing and she vowed never, ever to expose herself to that ever again. "How DARE they speak to me like that!! Don't they know that I'm STEVIE NICKS, LEGEND??" She lives on her own planet and has for a very, very long time. She likes to portray herself as oh-so-strong but totally melts with the least criticism.
Of course she melts. (And I saw the article you were talking about.). She's dominant insecure.

It's funny Christine gets the least amount of run and is very secure in her own shoes. I've seen Christine own criticisms about her music and life style. $tevie is a fake character and she has mastered being fake into a cash machine,. And her followers are sisters of the loon!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-25-2021 at 10:42 AM..
Old 08-25-2021, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
True but the reality is spoof like whether you realize it or not. For example even if you tried to make a spoof movie about the Eagles, it would never work. Even with their own drama it would be really hard to make it funny even if you tried. With Fleetwood Mac, the drama and absurdity of their story is almost impossible to not make it spoof like. Also because women are involved there is a bit of sexism that may not be with other bands. When a guy acts drugged out and crazy its ok but when a woman does it it's not supposed to happen or has a comedy aspect. Bottom line if you tell the truth and not spin the story, you cant help but to laugh out loud. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction. Just imagine the material from Stevie alone. The crazy Prince stories. She marries her dead best friend's husband and Don Henley hangs up the phone on her when she calls to tell him about the marriage. She names a hit song about her abortion. She is so high she falls off the stage several times during a tour. She has a physical altercation with Lindsey. She is so out of control they have to reshoot live footage with different hair styles, etc. Its so crazy and I only scratched the surface

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-25-2021 at 06:47 AM..
Old 08-25-2021, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And I don't recall Saturday Night Live ever mocking any members of the Eagles, as they have with both $tevie and Lindsey.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I don't recall Saturday Night Live ever mocking any members of the Eagles, as they have with both $tevie and Lindsey.
Now there you go again, you say you want burritos..
Old 08-25-2021, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Now there you go again, you say you want burritos..
https://youtu.be/-z_Xzc7U2tY
Old 08-25-2021, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ugh I wish the whole thing was still up on the tube!
Old 08-25-2021, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Ugh I wish the whole thing was still up on the tube!
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc2hjy

The whole thing can be seen on Daily Motion.