The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard SYW in the Publix grocery store.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Carrie Underwood guest dj on the station The Blend on Sirius XM, introduced Little Lies by saying FM is one of her favorite bands and some of the nicest people. She loves LL, thinks its one of the most unique songs ever, loves Stevie Nicks' "chilling" background vocals.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Carrie Underwood guest dj on the station The Blend on Sirius XM, introduced Little Lies by saying FM is one of her favorite bands and some of the nicest people. She loves LL, thinks its one of the most unique songs ever, loves Stevie Nicks' "chilling" background vocals.
Hmmm. I don't think Little Lies is that unique. I do like the way the song sounds sugary on the surface, but has a sad, cutting edge. Stevie's background vocal certainly does add to that edge, even if I wouldn't consider it chilling.

Michele
Old 05-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Hmmm. I don't think Little Lies is that unique. I do like the way the song sounds sugary on the surface, but has a sad, cutting edge. Stevie's background vocal certainly does add to that edge, even if I wouldn't consider it chilling.

Michele
I guess it would be very unique to Carrie's generation, in a way. It's hard to be unbiased, but I always thought it had a different sound even though I can't really pinpoint the reason why I think so. I agree "chilling" was a weird way to describe Stevie's vocals - just sounds like Stevie doing that Stevie thang to me and I'm glad Lindsey turned her up in the mix.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard "Say you love Me" through a radio that I was repairing over the weekend.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree "chilling" was a weird way to describe Stevie's vocals - just sounds like Stevie doing that Stevie thang to me and I'm glad Lindsey turned her up in the mix.
Her voice does have a discordant sound to it, maybe a little metallic. It's a nice contrast to Christine. And that's a contrast from Stevie's vocal on OMH which was warm, feathery and complemented Christine's tone. I think Stevie sounding like that on LL, clashing just a little, kind of brings the message home.

Of course, this is one of those songs that you hear all of the time. I think that next to Landslide, it's the most famous non-Rumours song as far as airplay goes. I remember my niece got a Barbie camper for Christmas once and the camper had a real radio in it. Well, we couldn't get the radio to work. On Christmas Eve, my sister-in-law kept taking out the batteries and putting them back in and shaking the camper and we got nothing and after about an hour of that, suddenly the thing worked and the radio sound blared out of the toy. The song playing was "Little Lies" and, as always, I somehow crazily took it as a personal message. Michele
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not a song or anything. I had a dream last night that we had a poll on this board about which member of the Mac talked the most. Lindsey won, with Stevie not that far behind. I voted Lindsey but said Stevie has a tendency to tell the same stories over and over and over. Like listening to the Mac albums back to front

Yea I'm here WAY to much

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
Not a song or anything. I had a dream last night that we had a poll on this board about which member of the Mac talked the most. Lindsey won, with Stevie not that far behind. I voted Lindsey but said Stevie has a tendency to tell the same stories over and over and over. Like listening to the Mac albums back to front

Yea I'm here WAY to much

Mick

That or there's just too many polls...

I think I would have definitely voted for Stevie though. In fact, I think we should vote on our fav story or quote. I wonder who would win the Cycles vs Hamburger Helper vs Hurt like a Mo-Fo poll?
Old 06-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone was playing Sara on their laptop at the flea market today.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Thrown Down" at Fresh 'n' Easy grocery store this morning.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That or there's just too many polls...

I think I would have definitely voted for Stevie though. In fact, I think we should vote on our fav story or quote. I wonder who would win the Cycles vs Hamburger Helper vs Hurt like a Mo-Fo poll?
I don't know if I could choose... they both love to talk don't they.

But it's funny because there's something different about their talkativity - Lindsey is always very prepared, and when he talks it's a jumble of philosophy and metaphors and it's all very specific to himself. Rarely, in recent years, have I heard Lindsey give an answer that seemed like it wasn't rehearsed. Stevie, on the other hand, will also talk someone's ear off, but she mostly just rambles and tells stories.. she doesn't give many prepared speeches - even the 'Gypsy' speech was not all THAT consistent - although she does repeat a lot of the same ideas. And she has stories she returns to that she interjects wherever she can.

And both of them, when speaking, tend to use the same phrases over and over.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So today i was wearing my Rumours shirt, and a girl from my uni noticed it and asked me if i really knew about FM (doesn't happen much in France, totally unexpected). Turned out we went to the same concert for the Unleashed tour 3 years ago, and everything was great, and i had a new friend...until she said her favorite FM song is "Oh Diane".
Old 09-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
So today i was wearing my Rumours shirt, and a girl from my uni noticed it and asked me if i really knew about FM (doesn't happen much in France, totally unexpected). Turned out we went to the same concert for the Unleashed tour 3 years ago, and everything was great, and i had a new friend...until she said her favorite FM song is "Oh Diane".
Oh, that would make her a cherished friend, not because I agree that it's a favorite (or should be anyone's), but just the fact that she chose such a rarity tells me she must be special.

Michele
Old 09-20-2012, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, that would make her a cherished friend, not because I agree that it's a favorite (or should be anyone's), but just the fact that she chose such a rarity tells me she must be special.

Michele
Yeah that's actually what i thought too, i don't seriously judge people by their music tastes (though "Oh Diane"...). I'm going to spend next week trying to find her again .
Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
"Thrown Down" at Fresh 'n' Easy grocery store this morning.
I've heard this in the Fresh 'n' Easy as well.