The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like Mick, Lindsey, and Stevie spoke to the gathered at this service.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Sounds like Mick, Lindsey, and Stevie spoke to the gathered at this service.
So, cycles, pacts, older sister, English Rose…

Seriously, I’d hope their words would be made public.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Was this event just for mac members and their close friends/family?! if so, then in that case i would change my opinion about John not going.

I guess I jumped to the conclusion that it was like this big public thing with strangers and questions etc. But if the strangers/questions part was at the end, when mick, stevie and lindsey came outside, then john could have easily avoided all that and just gone home by the back door. So if it was just a group/family type of gathering, then yes, i could see him attending that in honor of chris.

--Lis
Old 01-10-2023, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Was this event just for mac members and their close friends/family?! if so, then in that case i would change my opinion about John not going.

I guess I jumped to the conclusion that it was like this big public thing with strangers and questions etc. But if the strangers/questions part was at the end, when mick, stevie and lindsey came outside, then john could have easily avoided all that and just gone home by the back door. So if it was just a group/family type of gathering, then yes, i could see him attending that in honor of chris.

--Lis
Little Beach House Malibu is a members only thing. It’s kind of like a country club/hotel/event venue thing. It’s part of Soho House. They’re all over the world. I don’t get the impression that Christine’s memorial was a big open event. It was probably only for friends and family.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Little Beach House Malibu is a members only thing. It’s kind of like a country club/hotel/event venue thing. It’s part of Soho House. They’re all over the world. I don’t get the impression that Christine’s memorial was a big open event. It was probably only for friends and family.
oh ok, thank you. and BTW i found out John *was* actually there.. which i'm very happy to hear.

--Lis
Old 01-10-2023, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh ok, thank you. and BTW i found out John *was* actually there.. which i'm very happy to hear.

--Lis
Warms the heart that her musical family could put their differences aside and come together for that. That would have made her very happy.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-11-2023, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

--Lis

Ohh good! How did you find that out?
Old 01-11-2023, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ohh good! How did you find that out?
An associate of the band who was there posted about it on another website. Not surprised John didn't want to be in pics but so glad to hear he attended.

--Lis
Old 01-11-2023, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
An associate of the band who was there posted about it on another website. Not surprised John didn't want to be in pics but so glad to hear he attended.

--Lis

It’s nice to hear that they were all there. Did the associate have anything else to say about the event?

Last edited by Wdm6789; 01-11-2023 at 09:25 AM..
Old 01-11-2023, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just glad they were all there.
To give thanks for her life.
And remember what such a fantastic member of the band, she was.

I wonder if they’ll have a memorial in the UK, she has plenty of friends and associates here.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Warms the heart that her musical family could put their differences aside and come together for that. That would have made her very happy.
She often furnished the reasons for their “reconvenings.”
Old 01-11-2023, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It’s nice to hear that they were all there. Did the associate have anything else to say about the event?
Nothing else that i heard. But some people have asked about this other question and I was waiting to make any comment. But now that the band has had their memorial/tribute for chris, i'm sure all of their associates/ guests that attended are aware of this info at this point. A former associate actually told me last night about this , so at this point, I don't think it is really any secret. So this all I will say...

I keep seeing on various websites 'why doesn't John make a statement??' etc etc'...and it kind of upsets me.

John and Chris had a lifelong love and friendship, although their close relationship was always overshadowed by those other two. But John flew to London to be with Chris. Dragged himself back afterward in time to attend that nightmare day of the juliens auction. He doesn't need to say anything, to anyone.

As i have always said, they adored each other. And he was with her.

That is his statement.

---Lis
Old 01-11-2023, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Nothing else that i heard. But some people have asked about this other question and I was waiting to make any comment. But now that the band has had their memorial/tribute for chris, i'm sure all of their associates/ guests that attended are aware of this info at this point. A former associate actually told me last night about this , so at this point, I don't think it is really any secret. So this all I will say...

I keep seeing on various websites 'why doesn't John make a statement??' etc etc'...and it kind of upsets me.

John and Chris had a lifelong love and friendship, although their close relationship was always overshadowed by those other two. But John flew to London to be with Chris. Dragged himself back afterward in time to attend that nightmare day of the juliens auction. He doesn't need to say anything, to anyone.

That is his statement.

---Lis
Couldn't agree more.
Old 01-11-2023, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That is his statement.

---Lis
I don’t think John has social media. Fleetwood Mac made a collective statement so I assumed that was part John’s statement. I didn’t know John went to London to be with Christine, that is very sweet. Stevie said in her tribute she posted to Instagram that she wanted to go to London, but was told to wait. I wonder why John was there and Stevie was told to wait? Was Mick there? Mick and Christine have always been good friends as well.

I’m just curious about the details from Christine’s memorial in Malibu. Who was there? Who gave speeches? What did they say in their speeches?
Old 01-11-2023, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t think John has social media. Fleetwood Mac made a collective statement so I assumed that was part John’s statement. I didn’t know John went to London to be with Christine, that is very sweet. Stevie said in her tribute she posted to Instagram that she wanted to go to London, but was told to wait. I wonder why John was there and Stevie was told to wait? Was Mick there? Mick and Christine have always been good friends as well.

I’m just curious about the details from Christine’s memorial in Malibu. Who was there? Who gave speeches? What did they say in their speeches?
I don't know details about speeches...I'd be curious too. I assume it was band members and their family and associates, probably sharing memories.

I don't think Stevie and Chris were in touch after the tour ended. I think they were close when they were working but had not been in contact in last 4 years. Stevie tends to exaggerate a little, imo...I'm sure she loved Chris, but best friends might not be an accurate description of their relationship.

Stevie did not have same sort of relationship with Chris that John did...J and C were extremely close. They were like family.

--Lis