Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-16-2021, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
JFC...Let's push aside all the other usual Stevie bits...how about Christine:
"I'm sorry I didn't stand up for you, I just bought a house"

Christine could of said ANYTHING that would of been better than that. What a gut punch.
Yeah, she's not exactly a model friend to have.
Old 07-16-2021, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't believe no one stuck up for him. What has happened to these people? At this point in their lives it should be about the art, not the money. They have forgotten everything that brought them together in 1997 for the Dance.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 07-16-2021, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A very good interview. Pretty blunt- he's pulling no punches.
'I had so many peak moments in the show....'
'....I think she'd come of stage every night thinking she'd come in second'

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 07-16-2021, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

….” Just bought a house”…
What does she mean, she s having to watch the pennies..???
Christine is worth 65 million, for goodness sake.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
My MOST pathetic moment in my 40+ years of Christine worship.

She ain't no better than anyone...
Old 07-16-2021, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

enjoying Lindsey finally being frank and spilling some tea in interviews, the way he's been with fans at meet & greets and such for years now. i missed this unfiltered Lindsey in his muzzled and band-appeasing interviews, including that bs they were spilling in interviews at the time about how BuckVie was always gonna be a duet album.

at least, even though he apparently still wants to get together with that dysfunctional family of lousy humans, at least he's not trying to hold back and appease anyone (well, he is somewhat appeasing Mick). telling it like it is.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-16-2021, 11:36 PM
Ledgie

I think this album is gonna be top notch, and interviews like this make me believe that the music industry knows it as well. Really enjoy listening/reading Lindsey being straight and telling us the truth. Should be fun seeing them on tour.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
enjoying Lindsey finally being frank and spilling some tea in interviews, the way he's been with fans at meet & greets and such for years now. i missed this unfiltered Lindsey in his muzzled and band-appeasing interviews, including that bs they were spilling in interviews at the time about how BuckVie was always gonna be a duet album.

at least, even though he apparently still wants to get together with that dysfunctional family of lousy humans, at least he's not trying to hold back and appease anyone (well, he is somewhat appeasing Mick). telling it like it is.
Why tf would he want to get back with these LOSERS? It's degrading. Humiliating. Just plain sick.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Agreed - these answers make much more sense. The "logic" behind Stevie's move against him is exactly what I thought had happened, too. Stevie Nicks in capital letters...

Sad to see the state of things between LB and John, but I'm not sure we should have expected anything else. They butted heads a bit when he and Stevie first joined, and I don't ever remember hearing about a honeymoon period thereafter. (Still, I'll never forget about LB sticking up for him when John got cancer and the rest of them wanted to keep touring).

The Christine stuff is just heartbreaking. That being said, I think the mutual admiration between them is real, and I'm holding out hope for some kind of fence mending.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
(Still, I'll never forget about LB sticking up for him when John got cancer and the rest of them wanted to keep touring).
It's quite hard to swallow that Mick and Stevie would've thought to tour without John.

Lindsey is loyal. He cancelled his UK Tour rather than get a replacement for Neal. And in 2018, he didn't get another guitar player. Neal is his bandmate.

This article is really sad. Stevie acts like Don Angelo Bruno.
Old 07-17-2021, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Agreed - these answers make much more sense. The "logic" behind Stevie's move against him is exactly what I thought had happened, too. Stevie Nicks in capital letters...

Sad to see the state of things between LB and John, but I'm not sure we should have expected anything else. They butted heads a bit when he and Stevie first joined, and I don't ever remember hearing about a honeymoon period thereafter. (Still, I'll never forget about LB sticking up for him when John got cancer and the rest of them wanted to keep touring).

The Christine stuff is just heartbreaking. That being said, I think the mutual admiration between them is real, and I'm holding out hope for some kind of fence mending.
when you read the interview, and also from what Lindsey was telling fans at m&gs back in 2018, he had no hard feelings towards Christine, John or Mick. he considered them weak, and primarily looking after their own best interests. obviously he knows these people are lousy humans and accepts them as such. he says in this interview, especially about John and Christine, that they got caught in the middle, where they didn't want to be.

Mick was the one doing Stevie's dirty work in interviews shoveling garbage all over LB during that sad mac cover tour. yes he and LB are all lovey-dovey these days.

the only person LB blamed for the whole situation was Stevie, and he is still saying the same now. Stevie waited to have enough clout to pull the power play on the rest of them, and once she got there, that's exactly what she did. i'm glad he has no problem telling it like it is now.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-17-2021, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Really enjoyed the interview and the honesty. Love that Lindsey went there with his true feelings. Stevie used to say how she would stand down or play it cool during Fleetwood Mac concerts as to not want to be the star. I was floored how Lindsey describes Stevie's jealousy at Lindsey's standing ovation during I'm So Afraid. Good grief, she was not even on the stage which some could say is disrespectful. Lindsey also points out what some dont want to accept in this forum is how profitable Stevie is. Her 24K Gold Tour was insanely profitable selling out huge arenas and extended 3 times. Clearly her success made her an ego-maniac. Lindsey did not say this part but it is my belief. Stevie went on with the Mac with Lindsey. When Christine came back suddenly the limelight was on Chris. This opened the wound for her to pay attention to Lindsey and it drove her insane.
One last note. If you saw Lindsey in concert you can see it in his face that he is telling the truth that he prefers to play in front of 2,000 people instead of 20,000. Also, shame on Christine for her horrible conduct and lame excuse (I just bought a house).
Old 07-18-2021, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I know. She is hoarding a fortune and why? For her nieces and nephews? I just don’t get it.