Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Wait a second...

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
Yea, I heard he slept(around) a lot in the Oval Office.
Shouldnt it be the "Oral" office instead???

Brian "Couldnt resist it" j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
Yea, I heard he slept(around) a lot in the Oval Office.
Laugh all you want, it's the truth.

Old 01-11-2004, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
It's unethical, but not illegal. The White House was Clinton's home; every single room was at his disposal and ready for his inhabitance. As long as he wasn't breaking the law, he did nothing wrong (note that I said law, not moral).
You know, the idea of Monica under his desk in the Oval Office really isn't a pretty picture (not that Hillary would be). For me, it is more about proper decorum and respect for that Office than the fact Monica was doing "the act".

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 01-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Oh, sorry. Didn't see your edit. First of all, let me start by saying that I find it amusing that when the right has nothing better to say, they bring up Clinton. I've stated the purpose for my comparisons between the Bush and Hitler regimes in several threads. You can look for them. Frankly, I don't see what Clinton has to do with that.
Interestingly, the Clinton Administration used the ATF far more than Bush has. Although I agree with its legality and really do not question its use at Waco, Ruby Ridge, or with Elian Gonzales, to me the use of these stortroopers was far more Hitleresq than anything Bush has done. But, that is just me. I know the reply may be the Iraq thing, but I view that as a necessity and to me all facts point to the invasion of Iraq not anywhere near Hitler's invasion of Poland as I mentioned earlier.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking My prob with "Willy"

was his choice of women...The dude needs to realize he was president but he had his thing with Monica & Paula "the Snooozzz" Jones...Tsk, tsk, tsk...Well, At least Jennifer Flowers was beautiful, So 1 outta 3 isnt bad (.333 AVG)

Brian j.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My problem with his whole deposition was that it happened at all. It was not right, in my eyes, for anyone but his family to question him about his affairs and sexual acts. The whole Ken Starr bull**** was a witch hunt, perpetuated by the Republicans. Hillary was right when she said it was a right-wing conspiracy; they didn't conspire to make him cheat and lie about it, but they conspired to taint him by making his conquests public.

Almost all of us would have lied when asked those questions. IMO, by answering them at all, it was like saying it was alright for them to be asked in the first place. And it wasn't right.

As for questionign whether you should be offended or laugh at what I said, do whichever pleases you. When you stack Clinton's performance record next to Shrub's, there is no comparison; Clinton did more for this country than Shrub could EVER do. Yeah, some of his policies were ill-conceived, no one has a perfect batting average, but he made this coutnry great again, IMO. Then the conservatives and Shrub rode in on their black horse and threw everything down the toilet. Shrub is an embarassment, a stain on this country who perpetuates nothing but hate and greed. And those will be my dying words.

Did you actually just argue this? I am a little floored. Are you saying it is okay for a male boss to use his superiority to get sexual favors, which by all accounts Clinton did and repeatedly at that. Moreover, is it okay for a woman to sleep her way to the top? If your answer is yes, I am going to call you a Republican

The bottom line for Clinton for me was that he sent his entire cabinet out to lie for him and he kept heads of state waiting while he was having an extramarital affair in the office of the leader of the free world, which by the way is a crime in and of itself. Other than that, I say have at it and more power to you.

Old 01-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: My prob with "Willy"

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
was his choice of women...The dude needs to realize he was president but he had his thing with Monica & Paula "the Snooozzz" Jones...Tsk, tsk, tsk...Well, At least Jennifer Flowers was beautiful, So 1 outta 3 isnt bad (.333 AVG)

Brian j.

Yeah - you are the leader of the free world and those are the women that you pick?!

Old 01-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Sad....

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Although I agree with its legality and really do not question its use at Waco
but Waco lead to the Murrah Bombing...So I cant pick sides in that issue, Nor do I blame Clinton directly.

Brian j.

Old 01-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's unethical, but not illegal. The White House was Clinton's home; every single room was at his disposal and ready for his inhabitance. As long as he wasn't breaking the law, he did nothing wrong (note that I said law, not moral).
Not exactly, I believe having sex in a federal workplace is against the law. Moreover, I am unsure of D.C.'s law, but in many states, an extramarital affair is illegal. Finally, sending out your entire cabinet to perpetuate your lie much less lying under oath is obstruction of justice pure and simple. Clinton was a revolving lier about his rank womanizing. But, I do not hold that against him because I do not care about that. Whitewater, on the other hand, let's just say he is lucky Susn M. staid loyal.

Old 01-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not exactly, I believe having sex in a federal workplace is against the law.
Wow! I never knew that.

Good thing I have never worked for the federal government!

Old 01-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Sad....

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
but Waco lead to the Murrah Bombing...So I cant pick sides in that issue, Nor do I blame Clinton directly.

Brian j.
Agreed, but I was talking about the use of force being legitimate under the law. It was. Now - we could argue all day about was that the best method, etc.

Old 01-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Moreover, I am unsure of D.C.'s law, but in many states, an extramarital affair is illegal.
Just for clarification, are you saying "illegal" in that criminal charges could be brought?

Here in PA, it isn't "illegal", but it is grounds for a "fault" divorce.

Old 01-11-2004, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So are we saying that it is not a big deal that Bush overstated reasons to go to war, especially since the administration seems real close to admitting that?

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 01-11-2004, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
Just for clarification, are you saying "illegal" in that criminal charges could be brought?

Here in PA, it isn't "illegal", but it is grounds for a "fault" divorce.
Yes, illegal in that you could go to jail for it. These laws have been on the books for a long time in many states. They are rarely enforcedd from what I hear. But, a violation of them is nonetheless against the law.

Old 01-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugar
So are we saying that it is not a big deal that Bush overstated reasons to go to war, especially since the administration seems real close to admitting that?
I am not saying that. I think they should be slammed from here to hell for that if for nothing else than for their stupidity in going it. IMO, they did not need to because they could have just relied on SH unwillingness for 11 years to comply with his agreement to demonstrate he had destroyed his WMD. Also, W has already admitted the nuclear thing was a mistake.

Interestingly, the Clinton administration used almost all of the same intelligence to justify its bombing of Iraq and its maintenance of the "no fly zones," which the UN never really officially sanctioned. So, W is not alone in this boat IMO.