Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Good seats dropping for UK wembley dates on TM

I just scored a pair of front row seats for Friday 30th. Pulling up 3rd and 4th row right now for all 3 Wembley dates
Old 09-22-2009, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
I just scored a pair of front row seats for Friday 30th. Pulling up 3rd and 4th row right now for all 3 Wembley dates
First of all - congratulattions! I'm really pleased for you that you got such great seats and don't have the massively long wait between your tickets arriving and the date of the gig that I'm sure has been driving us all crazy! What follows is not directed at you...

I don't think it's fair that these tickets are put on sale so close to the gig. They hold them back and tell us that the venue is sold out when we go online as close to the sale date as possible, only to find out that tickets go on sale now. By that time expenses may have arisen that make people spend the money they had for a ticket (bills etc) and they spend it thinking that they simply missed their chance because they weren't quick enough off the mark in the first place. What are those people supposed to do when they see that tickets have gone on sale now? What's wrong with simply first come first serve and when the venue is listed as sold out, it actually means sold out?

I didn't get front row tickets and I bought them 30 minutes after they went on sale. I'm VERY happy with the tickets I got though but I just don't think that's the point.

Gypsy-Rhiannon, please don't take this personally. If anyone manages to get such great seats then good for them! I just disagree with the policy is all.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
First of all - congratulattions! I'm really pleased for you that you got such great seats and don't have the massively long wait between your tickets arriving and the date of the gig that I'm sure has been driving us all crazy! What follows is not directed at you...

I don't think it's fair that these tickets are put on sale so close to the gig. They hold them back and tell us that the venue is sold out when we go online as close to the sale date as possible, only to find out that tickets go on sale now. By that time expenses may have arisen that make people spend the money they had for a ticket (bills etc) and they spend it thinking that they simply missed their chance because they weren't quick enough off the mark in the first place. What are those people supposed to do when they see that tickets have gone on sale now? What's wrong with simply first come first serve and when the venue is listed as sold out, it actually means sold out?

I didn't get front row tickets and I bought them 30 minutes after they went on sale. I'm VERY happy with the tickets I got though but I just don't think that's the point.

Gypsy-Rhiannon, please don't take this personally. If anyone manages to get such great seats then good for them! I just disagree with the policy is all.
No one will take this personally because ALL OF US feel the same way!!!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
great!! congrats, you will have an awesome time~
Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This happens all the time, it's not just the Mac.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
No one will take this personally because ALL OF US feel the same way!!!!!
It's just the nature of the beast,

tickets are held back for every show, &, released closer to the date,

It not just the Mac,

this happens with all bands,

anyway, just scored A2, Row 3 for the 30th,

thanks for the heads up G-R,
Old 09-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post
It's just the nature of the beast,

tickets are held back for every show, &, released closer to the date,

It not just the Mac,

this happens with all bands,

anyway, just scored A2, Row 3 for the 30th,

thanks for the heads up G-R,
I know it's not just Fleetwood Mac that do this, it's the way things are for all big gigs now, it sucks.