Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Friends

Granted, it's not what it used to be, but it will certainly go down in the books as a great comedy. I haven't watched regularly in years. Now they're broadcasting the six most popular episodes. What are your picks for the top six?

Mine:

(Honorable mentions: Phoebe pretends to seduce Chandler, Monica and Rachel flash back to prom night)
6) Ross comes home from China with Julie
5) Chandler gets fixed up with a blind date who turns out to be Janice
4) Rachel loses Marcel
3) The black-out
2) Rachel and Ross get together for the first time
1) The guys win Monica's apartment

- Jake
Old 03-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmm...Jake, your choices are very similar to the Best of Friends videos volumes 1-4

That is a hard question as I just love almost every episode...except for Phoebe's wedding...Monica was being a major bitch in that ep...I know she's quirky and anal...but come on who'd be that big a bitch on their best friend's wedding day!?!

Okay anyway...my favorites:

-the one where Rachel loses Marcel
-the flashback episode with the prom tape

uh...okay this is much harder than I thought...I'm leavin it at that for now
Old 03-05-2004, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The contest for the apartment has to be the best! I learned so much about every friend that night, it was funny as hell....Monica was too funny in that episode, her ocd made that episode.

~Alex

Old 03-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Some of my favorite ones:

When Ross was invited to a dinner at the museum and everyone was going....Rachel couldn't decide what to wear, Phoebe "got the hummus"...Joey and Chandler were fighting over the chair and Monica thought Richard may or may not have called.

The episode of what could've been....Monica was still a virgin and dating a doctor, Joey and Rachel almost slept together, Phoebe was a wall street exec. and Ross' threesome with his wife and her 'friend'.

The New Years Eve one where they made resolutions, Phoebe wanted to fly a plane, Rachel couldn't gossip anymore (and this is where she found out about Monica and Chandler), Chandler couldn't be sarcastic and Ross was going to do one new thing everyday...this is the one where he got stuck in the leather pants.

The Thanksgiving one where Monica and Ross' parents were invited over to get to know Chandler better....Rachel put beef in the Triffle, Phoebe kept having sexual dreams about Jaques Cousteau...and Ross "unemployed...drugs...divorce..." The parents didn't like Chandler 'cause they thought he was a pothead...when actually it was Ross (or something like that.)

Way to many to mention. One of the funniest shows ever!!

Old 03-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Ledgie

My favorite friends shows:

1. When Joey and Chandler got the recliners and kept ordering food delivered to Monica's apt. (Ross and Rachel get together).

2. When they go to the beach house and Joey and Chandler pee on Monica's ankle after she got stung.

3. The prom episode.

Terri
Old 03-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Friends is my favorite show, and I'm sad about it coming to an end! However, this season hasn't been the best. It's a short season, and the writing has been a little weak. Hopefully the last few episodes will be strong. I'd like for them to go out on a high note, unlike the final Seinfield episode, which, if I remember correctly, was horrible.

I can't even begin to limit myself to six favorite episodes. Any episode that flashes back to Monica in a fat suit is hilarious. Especially when she dances!! That girl's got some moves.

Chandler has evolved into my favorite character. I think it is a disgrace that Matthew Perry doesn't have an Emmy for this role, and especially so if he doesn't get one for this season. The episode where they meet the birth mother and Chandler says that Monica is a mother without a baby...oh my.

I have to admit that I cried watching the rerun last night of Chandler proposing

SO, does anyone else want Ross and Rachel to end up together?? Or are you sick of them?
Old 03-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Carolina Girl

SO, does anyone else want Ross and Rachel to end up together?? Or are you sick of them?
They better flippin' end up together or I'll be SO mad!!! hahaha..I really want them to end up together...a lot!

Also I really like "the one that could've been" as well..BUT as I was recently watching it I got a little turned off at all the Monica fat jokes...she's not even like overly obese or anything...so that gets to be a bit much...though they do it a lot...and I do love the eps with "fat Monica" I've got a love hate relationship with them actually...anyway, I'm beginning to ramble...hahaha...I really love that show...
Old 03-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Not sure..

I admit to seeing reruns of Friends a lot...but not enough to have a fave episode. Any episode with as little of Monica is greatness as I cannot STAND her. Chandler and Rachel are my two fave Friends. Matthew SO needs his own show, not Matt!! Or at least, Matthew and Matt can both be on the new Joey sitcom. The epsiode with Joey putting on all of Chandler's clothes!! LOL!!!!

I'm probably the only one not wanting ANY of the Friends to hook up. No Monica/Chandler and no Ross/Rachel.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My fave episode has to be the one where they are in Vegas and Monica and Chandler almost get married but only to find out that Ross & Rachel got married instead!!!!

WAIT A MINUTE! IT JUST.GOT.INTERESTING!!!!!

I also love the one where Chandler is stuck in the vestibule with Jill Goodacre.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna

That is a hard question as I just love almost every episode...except for Phoebe's wedding...Monica was being a major bitch in that ep...I know she's quirky and anal...but come on who'd be that big a bitch on their best friend's wedding day!?!
I don't enjoy Phoebe like I did the first season. I think she's obnoxious to and about Chandler. I have no idea why he doesn't tell her to piss off.

- Jake
Old 03-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by greatdarkwing
The contest for the apartment has to be the best! I learned so much about every friend that night, it was funny as hell....Monica was too funny in that episode, her ocd made that episode.

~Alex
"Weekend at Bernie's"
"Dangerous Liaisons"
"Name on the TV Guide subscription"

- Jake
Old 03-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by laurie816
Some of my favorite ones:

When Ross was invited to a dinner at the museum and everyone was going....Rachel couldn't decide what to wear, Phoebe "got the hummus"...Joey and Chandler were fighting over the chair and Monica thought Richard may or may not have called.

The New Years Eve one where they made resolutions, Phoebe wanted to fly a plane, Rachel couldn't gossip anymore (and this is where she found out about Monica and Chandler), Chandler couldn't be sarcastic and Ross was going to do one new thing everyday...this is the one where he got stuck in the leather pants.

The Thanksgiving one where Monica and Ross' parents were invited over to get to know Chandler better....Rachel put beef in the Triffle, Phoebe kept having sexual dreams about Jaques Cousteau...and Ross "unemployed...drugs...divorce..." The parents didn't like Chandler 'cause they thought he was a pothead...when actually it was Ross (or something like that.)

Way to many to mention. One of the funniest shows ever!!

Museum one - I love when Rachel tells Ross she can't go because she's thinking of catching up on her correspondence.

New Years - How about the one where Monica and Ross go on Dick Clark's and do their act?

Thanksgiving - I love when Mrs. Geller says "It was NOT good."

- Jake
Old 03-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by terrivac
My favorite friends shows:
2. When they go to the beach house and Joey and Chandler pee on Monica's ankle after she got stung.

Terri
Is this the one where's Rachel gets Ross's girlfriend to shave her head?

- Jake
Old 03-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Carolina Girl
Friends is my favorite show, and I'm sad about it coming to an end! However, this season hasn't been the best. It's a short season, and the writing has been a little weak. Hopefully the last few episodes will be strong. I'd like for them to go out on a high note, unlike the final Seinfield episode, which, if I remember correctly, was horrible.

I can't even begin to limit myself to six favorite episodes. Any episode that flashes back to Monica in a fat suit is hilarious. Especially when she dances!! That girl's got some moves.

Chandler has evolved into my favorite character. I think it is a disgrace that Matthew Perry doesn't have an Emmy for this role, and especially so if he doesn't get one for this season. The episode where they meet the birth mother and Chandler says that Monica is a mother without a baby...oh my.

I have to admit that I cried watching the rerun last night of Chandler proposing

It's easy to take Matthew Perry for granted. He's so consistent.

- Jake
Old 03-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
They better flippin' end up together or I'll be SO mad!!! hahaha..I really want them to end up together...a lot!
All the commercials are making it obvious they will.

- Jake