User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2023, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
jbrownsjr, I’m in love. Seriously, what a great post. So cool, calm, and collected. And yes, that was a deliberate quote. This idea that Christine performed so incredibly on the Buck/Vie tour but not so on the following FM tour just seemed like a projection of their feelings for FM (and Stevie in particular) than an objective observer. Christine was incredible on that last tour, and was absolutely glowing. Yes, she had aged and the singing showed that, but man, what a night. I’m very thankful we all had the opportunity to see her a few more times live, with Lindsey and with FM.

I also appreciate your acknowledgment that the FM tour had some good things about it, even without Lindsey. Just like the Buck/Vie show had good things about it, and the BTM had good things about that, and the Time tour had good things about that, etc. it’s ok to say that all the various tours had some great qualities, as well as some disappointments, maybe.

I also appreciated your comments about Lindsey’s firing. I was initially shocked and appalled as well, but obviously came to feel way differently about it than many people here. Can you be hurt and angry about Lindsey’s firing AND still enjoy seeing FM live? Both things can be true.
Sucking up to the mods will get you nowhere.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Sucking up to the mods will get you nowhere.
Wait- jbrownsjr is a moderator? I had no idea! I just know that lately, jbrownsjr’s posts have been incredibly well written, beautifully articulated, and stunningly accurate. And I love the new cologne he’s wearing. But no way would I suck up to the mods?
Old 05-02-2023, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good grief I thought we were having a conversation about a tour, not kissing each others a$$.

Last edited by BigAl84; 05-02-2023 at 12:02 PM..
Old 05-02-2023, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That’s a straw man. They never stated their goal was to go “all in” with the pre-1975 (and post-1987) material. They never denied that adding the non-Rumours material was anything other than a way to fill setlist space. It was never meant to be anything other than revisiting material they hadn’t done in a while in the absence of a principal songwriter.

In the case of the 2018 tour, they were doing a full career retrospective tour for a career retrospective comp that was coming out during the tour.
Not to split hairs, but that collection was released Nov. 16 and the tour kicked off October 3. The tour didn't exactly kick off with new product. Sounds like they knew they needed to recoup cash with the ticket sales of that first leg being a complete disaster.

"All-In" is perhaps the wrong term, but that's the material they fall back on to fill in gaps, to sell/put spin on a new lineup. Irving Azoff had Stevie blabbering on about her love of the blues material when she didn't even know who wrote Black Magic Woman. My point being, there wasn't much courageous about it. It was the '87 playbook for the second time with different people.
Old 05-02-2023, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

Good grief I thought we were having a conversation about a tour, not kissing each others a$$.
Yea but we all know what BIG AL stands for.
Old 05-02-2023, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not to split hairs, but that collection was released Nov. 16 and the tour kicked off October 3. The tour didn't exactly kick off with new product. Sounds like they knew they needed to recoup cash with the ticket sales of that first leg being a complete disaster.

"All-In" is perhaps the wrong term, but that's the material they fall back on to fill in gaps, to sell/put spin on a new lineup. Irving Azoff had Stevie blabbering on about her love of the blues material when she didn't even know who wrote Black Magic Woman. My point being, there wasn't much courageous about it. It was the '87 playbook for the second time with different people.
Stevie left the stage for Tell Me All the Things and Oh Well. John told Mike he hates Tell Me All the Things Maybe the same reason I didn't like it live: where are the lyrics? 2 sentences.
Old 05-02-2023, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wait- jbrownsjr is a moderator? I had no idea! I just know that lately, jbrownsjr’s posts have been incredibly well written, beautifully articulated, and stunningly accurate. And I love the new cologne he’s wearing. But no way would I suck up to the mods?
No idea???

I now understand why you're a $tevie worshipper.
Old 05-02-2023, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yea but we all know what BIG AL stands for.
LOL I'm not sure where you're going with that comment. I was literally 14 when I joined the ledge eons ago. The nickname came from being really tall for my age in grade school.
Old 05-02-2023, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not to split hairs, but that collection was released Nov. 16 and the tour kicked off October 3. The tour didn't exactly kick off with new product.
Yep, which is why I said “that was coming out during the tour.”

Quote:
Sounds like they knew they needed to recoup cash with the ticket sales of that first leg being a complete disaster.
The comp was well in the works when Lindsey was still in the band. Things like that don’t just happen.

Anyway, the three shows I went to were packed, save for maybe the top three or four rows. I had nosebleeds, so I got a bird’s-eye view.

Quote:
My point being, there wasn't much courageous about it. It was the '87 playbook for the second time with different people.
Doing a song from Time in 2018 was courageous. Reminding people that album exists was courageous and definitely something Lindsey would never have entertained.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-02-2023, 02:37 PM

Quote:
LOL I'm not sure where you're going with that comment. I was literally 14 when I joined the ledge eons ago. The nickname came from being really tall for my age in grade school.
Haha.. well the joke was meant for your ADULT self.
Old 05-02-2023, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
No idea???

I now understand why you're a $tevie worshipper.
I feel like there is insult to me here.
Old 05-02-2023, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You mean it’s not a South Park reference?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-02-2023, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No way! I think Homer may be just a teensy weensy bit jealous of our blossoming romance, even though it’s purely one sided

Sorry my sweet talk was annoying you, BigAl- if you want I can start arguing with you again LOL.
Old 05-02-2023, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would NEVER insult you, my friend.
Old 05-02-2023, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No way! I think Homer may be just a teensy weensy bit jealous of our blossoming romance, even though it’s purely one sided
If you're trying to "take one for the team", I think you might be barking up the wrong tree.

I keep a 2x4 in my trunk, just for such occasions.