Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2023, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I also think John would not see the point.
He has enough money… does not have a huge ego..
He is getting old and it would just be too much trouble.
And he is a man who holds his own counsel….
I think those amazing Q&A's were the closest we'll ever get to a book from him. and even then he was so careful with how he answered some questions. it's like he never wanted to say anything that would piss anyone off or get anyone in trouble. definitely not the type to kiss and tell.

personally i'd love a book of his photographs of fm that he's taken from the beginning. he said he had tons in boxes etc. that would be so amazing, just a chronological collection of candid shots or whatever. silly man wondered if there would be any interest. I also think of chris and all the photos she must have had. ugh it makes me sad... i wonder who has all her stuff now?

--Lis
Old 04-06-2023, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I think those amazing Q&A's were the closest we'll ever get to a book from him. and even then he was so careful with how he answered some questions. it's like he never wanted to say anything that would piss anyone off or get anyone in trouble. definitely not the type to kiss and tell.

personally i'd love a book of his photographs of fm that he's taken from the beginning. he said he had tons in boxes etc. that would be so amazing, just a chronological collection of candid shots or whatever. silly man wondered if there would be any interest. I also think of chris and all the photos she must have had. ugh it makes me sad... i wonder who has all her stuff now?:(

--Lis
News reports said she left everything to her brother and his family.

her executor though was her manager, so.....
Old 04-06-2023, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
News reports said she left everything to her brother and his family.

her executor though was her manager, so.....
yeah i know, i saw that. so now her brother has a houseful of old mac memorabilia and pictures that any of us would go crazy over...i wonder if john took any of it. although i'm sure he has just as much, if not more, than she did.

--Lis
Old 04-07-2023, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post

personally i'd love a book of his photographs of fm that he's taken from the beginning. he said he had tons in boxes etc. that would be so amazing, just a chronological collection of candid shots or whatever. silly man wondered if there would be any interest. I also think of chris and all the photos she must have had. ugh it makes me sad... i wonder who has all her stuff now?

--Lis
I remember hearing that his daughter is a documentary filmmaker or something like that? Can't imagine him ever wanting to do this, but it would be cool if she worked with him on a film project focused around those photos and stories behind them.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
I remember hearing that his daughter is a documentary filmmaker or something like that? Can't imagine him ever wanting to do this, but it would be cool if she worked with him on a film project focused around those photos and stories behind them.
i don't think he'd ever do it either... but yes that would be amazing. i wonder if she still does the film thing. although i'd be happy w a simple book.

all the photos out there, most of us have seen a thousand times. imagine a whole book of new pics. i'd have to take a day off from work lol

--Lis
Old 05-08-2023, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's the first time I read she was named Anne Christine. Not even Mick mentions it in her book, when he introduces her brief bio. He also said she was from Birmingham; probably she grew up there cause the certificate indicates Ulverston as birth place and that's no so close to Birmingham (165 miles).
Old 05-08-2023, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I think it's the first time I read she was named Anne Christine. Not even Mick mentions it in her book, when he introduces her brief bio. He also said she was from Birmingham; probably she grew up there cause the certificate indicates Ulverston as birth place and that's no so close to Birmingham (165 miles).
I always thought her name was Christine Anne Perfect.

In terms of birth, Christine's family did not move to Birmingham until she was five or six years old. That's what the "Songbird" BBC documentary said, anyway. Christine herself says "I'm basically a Brummie" because she lived most of her young life in the midlands--though she was born in Cumbria.
Old 05-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I doubt Mick even knew. It's not like she was going around saying 'My first name is Anne on my birth certificate.' :-) On other legal documents (divorce etc) she's listed as Anne Christine also. Her parents must have had a reason for switching it up..maybe Anne was sort of a family name that they felt they had to use, but they liked Christine better..? probably nobody ever called her Anne in her life.

--Lis
Old 05-08-2023, 10:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Reading this topic, like with many others, shows how the Stevie/Lindsey dynamic can overtake any other topic in FM. It sounds like Chris had enough time to at least organize her affairs somewhat, and hopefully she did not suffer at the end. It does seem like the final turn in her health came quickly and unexpectedly, but I’m glad that her family and especially that John was there.

Clearly, if she wanted other people there, including Stevie, the family would’ve known. But, end of life is a hard time, not only for the person who is transitioning, but for everyone around them, and Stevie, even if well-meaning, tends to take all the oxygen out of the room and that’s the last thing a grieving family needs.

As Lis noted, I’m sure John has long made his peace with the craziness and drama that Stevie and Lindsey brought to the band. It’s probably why he distanced himself from all things band related when they weren’t recording or on tour going back to Rumours. Clearly he and Chris made the pragmatic decision to play those gigs in 2018–2019, since they probably knew they didn’t have a lot of tours left in them. Neither of them strikes me as especially sentimental about a particular lineup of FM, and even if they were, they decided that playing with a version of FM in stadiums was better than not playing at all. So as much as many fans (including me) do hold it against Stevie and Mick that we didn’t get a last Rumours lineup tour, John and Chris were probably more able to accept it.

As for the FM memorabilia, and especially the photos that John and Chris have. I do hope that an archivist or someone is able to get access to those. It would be great to even see some of them the way that Richard Dashut had been posting on Tumblr. Ideally, maybe a small gallery would get a hold of them to do some kind of a show with a digital component so that more fans could see them I’ll put that thought out into the universe for sure.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
Reading this topic, like with many others, shows how the Stevie/Lindsey dynamic can overtake any other topic in FM. It sounds like Chris had enough time to at least organize her affairs somewhat, and hopefully she did not suffer at the end. It does seem like the final turn in her health came quickly and unexpectedly, but IÂ’m glad that her family and especially that John was there.

Clearly, if she wanted other people there, including Stevie, the family wouldÂ’ve known. But, end of life is a hard time, not only for the person who is transitioning, but for everyone around them, and Stevie, even if well-meaning, tends to take all the oxygen out of the room and thatÂ’s the last thing a grieving family needs...

As for the FM memorabilia, and especially the photos that John and Chris have. I do hope that an archivist or someone is able to get access to those. It would be great to even see some of them the way that Richard Dashut had been posting on Tumblr.
Yes, fortunately she did have time to plan what she wanted. Having no children or current spouse, she trusted her older brother and John to be there with her and carry out her wishes. They were her people.
And honestly I think they were her favorite people in the world. They'd known her forever and I'm sure were fiercely protective in terms of what was going on around her, which must have been a reassuring feeling for Chris. They knew the end was coming and were there to love on her and keep things going until it came.

Much as she loved all the members of FM, those final weeks were not the time for a Mac reunion. As Anusha said, that time of transitioning is hard, and for a person as private as Chris was, she probably felt more comfortable and in control just keeping things simple. How many people can you really trust 100%?! I think for all of us, it's a small number, and for a famous person, it's even smaller.

The stroke was obviously a surprise but at least she wasn't alone. And if those court papers hadn't come out, we never would have known the cause of death. They would have taken that secret with them to their graves if that's what she had asked them to do. She knew who to trust. ♥

And as far as those old photos go, I hope one day some of them will see the light of day. That would be a gift for those of us who loved them for all these years. But I have a feeling those old pics might be seen as too personal to ever be shared..

--Lis