User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2023, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stevie spent decades developing her solo brand. Christine’s brand was Fleetwood Mac. If that album had been released as Fleetwood Mac and the four of them toured the album with another large act (like Stevie did with The Pretenders), they probably would have been able to do an arena tour.
You're not wrong. People, FOR WHATEVER REASON I CAN'T UNDERSTAND, prefer goat for dinner over filet mignon. I'll never understand it... I guess there's no accounting for taste.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You're not wrong. People, FOR WHATEVER REASON I CAN'T UNDERSTAND, prefer goat for dinner over filet mignon. I'll never understand it... I guess there's no accounting for taste.
Pleeeease!!! You really can't understand? Haven't you seen My Best Friend's Wedding? You must pay attention to the Crème brûlée / Jell-O theory.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie spent decades developing her solo brand. Christine’s brand was Fleetwood Mac.
What is Stevie's solo brand?
Old 02-09-2023, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
What is Stevie's solo brand?
Stevie Nicks.

Stevie has toured consistently as a solo artist and has found ways to get her name out independently of Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-09-2023, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie Nicks.

Stevie has toured consistently as a solo artist and has found ways to get her name out independently of Fleetwood Mac.
And with that too, it's the deep voice, beauty, flowing sleeves, suede boots, chiffon, shawls, and spinning.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie Nicks.

I have seriously always wondered if she would have gone anywhere if she hadn't looked like she looked.

No one ever wrote a song, "Sit On My Face, Mick Fleetwood". And that's a fact.

Just sayin'...
Old 02-09-2023, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have seriously always wondered if she would have gone anywhere if she hadn't looked like she looked.

No one ever wrote a song, "Sit On My Face, Mick Fleetwood". And that's a fact.

Just sayin'...
No doubt. She was hot, she had a gimmick that became her stage persona, she had a distinctive voice, and could harmonize with anyone. She’s a unique character in the annals of Rock.

She was also very driven and maybe the most business savvy of the lot. She always went with the most relevant names of the day: Tom Petty, Don Henley, Bruce Hornsby, Kenny G, Sheryl Crow, Natalie Maines. She found ways to stay fairly relevant.

Also, think of the narrative that she couldn’t have joined Fleetwood Mac if Lindsey hadn’t insisted she be included and that the only way she could join Fleetwood Mac was if Christine liked her. Then factor in how creatively dependent she’d been on Lindsey. She no doubt had a chip on her shoulder and was hellbent on never having to be dependent on anyone professionally ever again, and after Bella Donna, she had all the security she’d ever need. Fleetwood Mac could fire her and she’d be just fine. Frankly, I’m blown away she’s not an even bigger diva.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-09-2023, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie Nicks.

Quote:
No doubt. She was hot, she had a gimmick that became her stage persona, she had a distinctive voice, and could harmonize with anyone. She’s a unique character in the annals of Rock.

She was also very driven and maybe the most business savvy of the lot. She always went with the most relevant names of the day: Tom Petty, Don Henley, Bruce Hornsby, Kenny G, Sheryl Crow, Natalie Maines. She found ways to stay fairly relevant.

Also, think of the narrative that she couldn’t have joined Fleetwood Mac if Lindsey hadn’t insisted she be included and that the only way she could join Fleetwood Mac was if Christine liked her. Then factor in how creatively dependent she’d been on Lindsey. She no doubt had a chip on her shoulder and was hellbent on never having to be dependent on anyone professionally ever again, and after Bella Donna, she had all the security she’d ever need. Fleetwood Mac could fire her and she’d be just fine. Frankly, I’m blown away she’s not an even bigger diva.
That first paragraph almost reads as if she slept her way to the top.

I have a hard time believing she was ever smart enough to have planned it all. Especially during her drug coma years. She didn't care about anything except the next D, and the next line of blow.
Old 02-10-2023, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

What would be "bigger diva"? Publishing everything bad Lindsey did to her?
Old 02-10-2023, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think Stevie got really hurt by the sales of the album, which I thought were good, and said it's not worth it to her to make a new album.
Stevie always wants/lusts for the big splash of an album like Adele, Beyoncé etc...but she's never worked with the right people to make it happen (Bella Donna the exception). Ironically, she would probably butt heads with any big time producer that seriously pushed her. She's also so insulated, she doesn't have a good network of collaborators and producers...because she doesn't need them, her demos are better than anything. She should have made a record with the Foo Fighters as her band ten years ago. That would have been a headline.

Today she has the perfect combo. She doesn't have to work that hard on a new album when she can just do her schtick and sing the hits for boomers/gen z and haul in endless money and ego affirmation. Meanwhile, she can still play victim to the press as to why her albums don't live up to her expectations.

And to Steve's point, that chip on her shoulder to never feel she has to be dependent on anyone professionally probably hasn't done her any favors in terms of her later career output. The Stevie of today could never and would never make Bella Donna with Jimmy Iovine and that crew of musicians. She wouldn't allow any of the guidance they gave her.

Remember those interviews she did around the time of the RRHOF induction where she claimed she got to where she is entirely on her own? Sorry Jan, Goldfish & The Ladybug is not what got you to the top.

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-10-2023 at 09:48 AM..
Old 02-10-2023, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The Stevie of today could never and would never make Bella Donna with Jimmy Iovine and that crew of musicians. She wouldn't allow any of the guidance they gave her.

Remember those interviews she did around the time of the RRHOF induction where she claimed she got to where she is entirely on her own? Sorry Jan, Goldfish & The Ladybug is not what got you to the top.
I wonder how much input she actually had on Bella Donna, other than her lyrics. Not much, I'd guess. That album MADE HER, and I'll bet 90+% of the credit goes to Jimmy and the band she had. And you're right, she'd never allow that now. She bitches and bitches about "no one buys records now". Mama, that's because your records SUCK now. Get over your diva self, and your 6 minute songs. Let someone guide you into a hit album.
Meh, it's too late now, anyway.

And stop talking about that stupid Rhiannon movie you've been talking about for 45 f*cking years! She's such an idiot...
Old 02-10-2023, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And stop talking about that stupid Rhiannon movie you've been talking about for 45 f*cking years! She's such an idiot...
When Mike Campbell mentioned the Rhiannon movie in an interview right after the tour, that’s when I knew we weren’t getting a new album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-10-2023, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When Mike Campbell mentioned the Rhiannon movie in an interview right after the tour, thatÂ’s when I knew we werenÂ’t getting a new album.
Once they played Second Hand News, The Chain, Don't Stop, Gold Dust Woman, and Little Lies at the IHeartRadio Music Festival, I knew this lineup wouldn't make a new album. The IHeartRadio show was soldout before FM was announced on the lineup. Perfect opportunity to debut smoking new music and have it livestreamed and on The CW network. Nope. Same old FM. Elton did new music when he played this festival.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When Mike Campbell mentioned the Rhiannon movie in an interview right after the tour, that’s when I knew we weren’t getting a new album.
I’ll go to my grave not understanding what ever would be the appeal of a Rhiannon movie. That ship sailed 45 years ago (if it ever left the dock at all)!
Old 02-11-2023, 03:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I’ll go to my grave not understanding what ever would be the appeal of a Rhiannon movie. That ship sailed 45 years ago (if it ever left the dock at all)!
It would have been a classic, a masterpiece. Right up there with Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park.

THE Stephen Hopkins