The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 04-28-2021, 07:11 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,024
Default

I think Lindsey would only agree to do something with them if fences were mended. If Stevie is clearly grinding the axe, I’m sure he would back away.

It sounds like Stevie has done an exceptional job at alienating herself from both Mick and Lindsey at this point. They couldn’t even get John off the boat for the Peter Green tribute. I think it’s pretty clear that it’s Mick, Christine and Lindsey holding the torch for any music to happen at this point.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-28-2021, 07:24 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,060
Default

My feeling is, we won’t see Stevie and Lindsey on the same stage again..
Never mind making new music...

Stevie could have worked together on three of her “vault” songs years ago.
But she didn’t, and she has not got any new material...so no new Album.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-28-2021, 07:50 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,024
Default

I hope i'm wrong, but I could see this getting really ugly. I could see Irving pushing for dates with Neil and Mike. I'm not so sure that's *really* what Mick or Christine want to do. It will put Stevie into a rage cycle and the whole thing gets ugly. We don't even know what kind of terms Mick and Stevie are on in the first place. He did have the audacity to express a liking to work with Lindsey again.
__________________

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-28-2021 at 07:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-28-2021, 07:58 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I hope i'm wrong, but I could see this getting really ugly. I could see Irving pushing for dates with Neil and Mike. I'm not so sure that's *really* what Mick or Christine want to do. It will put Stevie into a rage cycle and the whole thing gets ugly. We don't even know what kind of terms Mick and Stevie are on in the first place. He did have the audacity to express a liking to work with Lindsey again.
We don't know, yet we know.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-28-2021, 05:45 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,542
Default

BuckVie 2 + Mick is looking more likely than I thought...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-28-2021, 08:18 PM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Truly, the saddest thing is that he WANTS to go back.

To THAT.

F*cking pathetic.
I think for him it is the thought that FM could end its days with this joke of a lineup and it really bugs him that after all years and hard work that it would be reduced to this. I do get it but at the same time I come from the place he did so much for them and this is how they treat you ( never mind all the crap Mick did over the years). I wouldn't go back.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-28-2021, 08:30 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I think for him it is the thought that FM could end its days with this joke of a lineup and it really bugs him that after all years and hard work that it would be reduced to this. I do get it but at the same time I come from the place he did so much for them and this is how they treat you ( never mind all the crap Mick did over the years). I wouldn't go back.
I wouldn't go back either.

Old "I'm not the boss" RUINED the ending of the band we've spent our lifetimes following.

I hope karma hits her HARD. And I mean REALLY HARD. $he truly deserves it.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-29-2021, 12:02 PM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,891
Default

Finally listened. Wow - as incoherent as ever.

Not clear if he wants for recording: the 5 or the 6 plus Lindsey or any living member who wants to join in (the family of FM).

But it is clear the interviewer wants Stevie Lindsey and Christine.

But it is nice to hear him speak of mending bridges even though Lindsey wouldn’t want to do such an album and Stevie wouldn’t want to do anything ...
__________________
"They love each other so much, they think they hate each other."

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-29-2021, 05:00 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I wouldn't go back either.

Old "I'm not the boss" RUINED the ending of the band we've spent our lifetimes following.

I hope karma hits her HARD. And I mean REALLY HARD. $he truly deserves it.
Homer, I think you would go back considering you publicly stated you were completely done with Fleetwood Mac in January of 2018 and yet here you are still just as active in the groups affairs as the rest of us who didn't say we were done.
Lindsey said from the very beginning he would go back. I hope they take him back.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-29-2021, 05:37 PM
justcrazylove's Avatar
justcrazylove justcrazylove is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Homer, I think you would go back considering you publicly stated you were completely done with Fleetwood Mac in January of 2018 and yet here you are still just as active in the groups affairs as the rest of us who didn't say we were done.
Lindsey said from the very beginning he would go back. I hope they take him back.

I love you Homer but you're being called out here and I happen to agree.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I always have thought this whole chapter of the band will end in 'The Dance' style reunion. Live album/filmed show. The end.
__________________
"Leisure line to heaven, puttin' on the hits, here we have another, another piece of glitz"
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-29-2021, 07:15 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,861
Default

I don't give AF what either of you think. I can still comment on the band I've followed since I was 13yo.

If you don't like it, big fkng deal.

Piss up a rope.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-29-2021, 08:28 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,298
Default

I think that Homer is a bit more in touch with reality than those that wish for and believe that the Rumours five will reunite for a farewell tour. Usually I don't believe Nicks when she makes pronouncements and ultimatums but this time I do . She will not work with Lindsey again.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-29-2021, 10:51 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Usually I don't believe Nicks when she makes pronouncements and ultimatums but this time I do . She will not work with Lindsey again.
Amen. She's going out on top and better without him... hasn't released a new record in 6+ years and spent 1 yr plus on tour singing songs she's done tons of time on stage and songs from groups she wasn't in!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-30-2021, 10:24 AM
sleepless child's Avatar
sleepless child sleepless child is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 673
Default

I can't believe Mick would bow down to Stevie like this. I guess that's what love of money will do. She obviously is the one who scolded him about everyone getting back together. I am starting to believe also that Stevie will never work with Lindsey again. But I certainly wouldn't let Stevie tell me what I can say about my band. Really Mick. Or just be honest and say Stevie has no intention of working with Lindsey, but I want to and so we will work out something.
__________________

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-30-2021, 11:45 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I can't believe Mick would bow down to Stevie like this. I guess that's what love of money will do. She obviously is the one who scolded him about everyone getting back together. I am starting to believe also that Stevie will never work with Lindsey again. But I certainly wouldn't let Stevie tell me what I can say about my band. Really Mick. Or just be honest and say Stevie has no intention of working with Lindsey, but I want to and so we will work out something.
It's honestly not his band anymore. And he gave up his power long ago to "I'm not the boss". She and her mgmt control Fleetwood Mac.
Not Mick, John, Christine together can trump Stevie's mgmt powers. I've faced this long ago.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 04-30-2021 at 12:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


* JOHN MCVIE * signed 8x10 photo * FLEETWOOD MAC * BASSIST * COA * 3 picture

* JOHN MCVIE * signed 8x10 photo * FLEETWOOD MAC * BASSIST * COA * 3

$170.00



* JOHN MCVIE * signed 8x10 photo * FLEETWOOD MAC * BASSIST * COA * 7 picture

* JOHN MCVIE * signed 8x10 photo * FLEETWOOD MAC * BASSIST * COA * 7

$170.00



* JOHN MCVIE * signed 8x10 photo * FLEETWOOD MAC * BASSIST * COA * 1 picture

* JOHN MCVIE * signed 8x10 photo * FLEETWOOD MAC * BASSIST * COA * 1

$170.00



FLEETWOOD MAC 40 yrs later STEVIE NICKS lindsey buckingham MICK john mcvie   picture

FLEETWOOD MAC 40 yrs later STEVIE NICKS lindsey buckingham MICK john mcvie

$8.99



John McVie : Blues Breakers, John Mayall with Eric Cl CD picture

John McVie : Blues Breakers, John Mayall with Eric Cl CD

$8.44




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved